21st April 2012, 07:30 PM
dragonmadhu

Will I get be eligible for IES exam after completing my PG in Economics? What is the syllabus of the exam?

Hiiiiiii
My name is Madhu Varma & I had completed my post graduation in economics as main subject (ARTS) should i eligible for the exam

syllabus of IES exam????? And what is its difficulty level????

22nd April 2012, 11:04 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get be eligible for IES exam after completing my PG in Economics? What is the syllabus of the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmadhu View Post
Hiiiiiii
My name is Madhu Varma & I had completed my post graduation in economics as main subject (ARTS) should i eligible for the exam

syllabus of IES exam????? And what is its difficulty level????
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year . To apply for this examination , the aspirant should have a minimum qualification is engineering degree of a recognized University or equivalent qualification .

The Engineering degree in :-

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Or M.Sc degree or its equivalent degree with Wireless Communication , Electronics , Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special Subject .

To apply for this examination , the aspirant age should be between 21 years and 30 years and Upper age limits is exits as per Government rules .

Those who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for IES examination and Only Engineering candidates are eligible to apply for this examination . If you are completed M.Sc degree with special subjects may also eligible to apply .

This year exam notification was already released and last date for receipt of application was already closed . The examination will be held on 15.06.12

So,According to my knowledge you are not eligible to apply for IES Examination . If you are interested in upsc exam then go for Civil Service Examination .

More details , Visit the official website :-www.upsc.gov.in
22nd April 2012, 11:28 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get be eligible for IES exam after completing my PG in Economics? What is the syllabus of the exam?

IES Eligibility :

Nationality :

A Citizen India
A subject of Nepal
A subject of Bhutan

Age limit :
Min of 21 years & Max of 30 years for General Candidates
on the 1st January , 2012
3 years relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Educational Qualification :
complete any degree with 55% marks of a recognized university
degree in Engineering
diploma in engineering
graduate membership examination of electronics & Teclecommunication Engineering
M.Sc degree or it's equivalent with wireless communication , Electronics , Radio Physics Engineering as a special subjcet

IES 2012 Dates :

IES 2012 notification : 10 March 2012
Last date of submission of IES Application Form : 09 April 2012
Online application can be filled from 10 March 2012 to 9 April 2012
Date of engineering services Exam :15 June - 17 June 2012
General Ability Test : 15 June 2012
Objective paper I & II : 16 June 2012
Conventional Paper I & II : 17 June 2012
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?