22nd August 2011, 11:14 AM
shraddha_anjali

Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in IT?

sir,i am an IT btech student.can i elligible for IES exam.please reply me soon in my id..

22nd August 2011, 11:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shraddha_anjali View Post
sir,i am an IT btech student.can i elligible for IES exam.please reply me soon in my id..
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination, and to apply for this examination you need to complete your Engineering Graduate degree course, Because only Engineering Graduates are eligible for IES Examination.

>> The examination was conducted by UPSC Every year for the Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Posts under the following categories -

>> Civil Engineering.
>> Mecahnical Engineering.
>> Electrical Engineering.
>> Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you are eligible to apply for this examination, the Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved category candidates like SC/ST/OBC.

>> But you have completed your Engineering Graduation For IT, So may be You are Not eligible to apply for this examination, But as per the UPSC -If a candidate possessing a degree in Engineering in any discipline is eligible for taking Engineering Service Examination.

So, If you are Interested to apply for this examination, then you have to choose form the Given streams and if you go for these stream then you will face some problem because you have not study these streams in your graduation, So thats why you are not eligible to apply for IES Examination.

The Notification of The examination was Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website. But for this year examination was already completed and If you need more Information about This examination, then please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
22nd August 2011, 11:33 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

B.Tech Information Technology branch students are not eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam.Only Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering students are eligible,whose age is between 21 to 30 years.

For more details,see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 67 views)
23rd August 2011, 01:41 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
you are IT student and wants to appear in IES exam.., So you can appear in IES exam during the final year of graduation or after the completion of graduation..
but you have to write the exam on the syllabus of any of these mentioned streams-
Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil..
The eligibility criteria for IES exam-

*One must have complete the graduation in engineering field..
*One should not have any due backlogs....
*the candidates age should be in between 21-30years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years...

as you are from IT stream, then you have to write the exam on the syllabus of any of the above mentioned stream...
Choose a stream then take preparation on the syllabus of that stream....
SO, you have to be determine, you have to do lots of hard work...
All the best...
23rd August 2011, 01:56 AM
NEIL6

Sorry dear, students who have completed their btech in information technology are not

eligible for IES exam. only the students having their degree in ece, mechanical, eee, civil

are eligible for this test.
23rd August 2011, 12:07 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shraddha_anjali View Post
Hey friend,

IES - Indian Engineering Service

IES Details:

IES is a all India entrance exam conducted by UPSC for selecting candidates for Indian Government Engineering Organizations like IRSE,IDSE.

The exam is conducted for the following departments:

• Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics Engineering.

There are some certain eligibility criteria's which the candidate must satisfy and they may include as:

The candidate who are appearing for the IES exam must have a citizenship in India.

He/she must have a age limit of 21-30 years.As far regarding the other categories such as SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

Candidates who are wishing to apply for this exam must have done their degree in B.E/B.tech in Engineering.

The candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for the IES exam.

Regarding your education criteria,you have said that you have done your graduation in B.tech IT and as far regarding the education qualification you don't satisfy as IT students are not eligible for the IES exam.

The exam consists of 2 stages namely:

Written Test
Interview.

For more information check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd August 2011, 12:17 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years Applications can be made online also. For details refer website www.upsc.gov.in
24th August 2011, 12:19 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

IES - IES - Indian Engineering Service

IES exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

* You should be the citizen of India.
* The age limit must be within 21 to 30 years.
* Candidates should have complete B.Tech/ B.E engineering can only appear.
* Final year students can also appear.
* The exam is conducted is for these people like Mechanical/civil/electronics engineering. They can only write exam.

Best wishes
8th October 2011, 12:35 AM
convertor

Hello friend, you are not eligible for indian engineering services. Only ece, eee, mechanical and civil engineering students are only eligible for ies services exam. The exams are conducted by union public service commission(upsc) in every year. Age limit is 21 to 30years. Good luck
3rd October 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?

Hello sir,
i am a student of I.T. branch and i am in final year right now.
I want guidance from you for the preparation of IES entrance exams.
I want to ask you that being a student of I.T. may I eligible for preparing the entrance exams of IES ? Please suggest me if there is any criteria for preparing the entrance exams, because I heard from my seniors that I.T. Engineers. are not eligible for IES entrance exam. Is it true ? or just a myth ?.

But i have a keen interest in IES entrance exams so please guide me as soon as possible.
THANKS
4th October 2012, 02:56 PM
violent viper

YES!!!! YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR IES EXAM

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

How to Apply : UPSC applications are available for Rs. 20/- at notified post offices all over the country. Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) through central Recruitment Fee Stamp only shall be attached. There is a fee exemption for SC/ST/Female/PH candidates. Please mark exam code as ENGG and not as IES. IES means Indian Economic service. Be careful in this aspect.

Last date for application : Usually in the first week of March in year of conduct of examination (offline)

Applications can be made online also. For details refer website www.upsc.gov.in

Date of examination : Commences from usually in the last weeks of June in the year of conduct of examination

HEREWITH I HAVE ATTACHED IES EXAM DETAILS AND BOOKS FOR IES EXAM

HOPE IT HELPS YOU

Attached Files
File Type: docx Books for IES Exam.docx(11.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: docx IES EXAM PATTERN.docx(15.1 KB, 90 views)
12th February 2013, 08:20 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Sraddha,

IES Stands for Indian engineering services.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the IES Exam every year for candidates who have completed their graduation in engineering from the below mentioned streams :

a) Civil Engineering

b) Mechanical Engineering

c) Electronics & Electrical Engineering

d) Electronics & Communication Engineering

As you are currently pursuing B.tech from IT Stream , so you are not eligible for the IES Exam.

The Age Limit For IES Exam is 21-30 years.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?