20th September 2011, 11:49 AM
sadat7877

Am I eligible for IES exam while in final year of engineering in Information Technology? What is the syllabus and the procedure?

hello frnds,
I am in final year of engineering in information technology.
can i eligible for IES exam?
what is syllubas for that and proceedure.

21st September 2011, 01:52 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam while in final year of engineering in Information Technology? What is the syllabus and the procedure?

The minimum eligibility criterion for applying is a graduation in engineering in any discipline. The final year engineering graduates are also eligible to apply. The candidates should be between the age group of 21-30 years which is subject to relaxation for the reserved categories. The candidates can apply through the official website of UPSC. The syllabus of the exam will mainly involve the technical subject areas relating engineering, current affairs, general English etc.
22nd September 2011, 06:16 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam while in final year of engineering in Information Technology? What is the syllabus and the procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadat7877 View Post
hello frnds, I am in final year of engineering in information technology. can i eligible for IES exam?what is syllubas for that and proceedure.
Information Regarding IES Examination.

First i inform you that the Computer Science and Information Technology branch are not eligible for the IES examination. IES examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year. To appear in the IES examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Engineering degree in any one of the following branch :
->Electrical Engineering.
->Electronics & Communication Engineering.
->Civil Engineering.
->Mechanical Engineering.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

NOTE :- Computer Science and Information Technology branch are not eligible for the IES examination.

So, if you are studying B.Tech course with Information Technology branch then according to eligibility criteria you are not eligible for the IES examination. I advise you to go for another entrance examination. For any more information about the IES examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
22nd September 2011, 06:35 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IES exam while in final year of engineering in Information Technology? What is the syllabus and the procedure?

Quote:
hello frnds,

Eligibility For IES

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service and considers only those B.Tech students who have done their B.Tech from the following streams :-

1) Electronics and Telecommunications
2) Electrical Engineering
3) Civil Engineering
4) Mechanical Engineering

Your Age should be between 21-30 years but unfortunately for you that you belong to the Information Technology Branch hence you are not eligible for appearing for the IES exam..

sorry..

But you can appear for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) to get into the best M.Tech colleges in India like IITS,NITs,BITS,etc
Then you can get directly placed in the on-campus placement and get a good core company with a very good salary..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
22nd September 2011, 11:30 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, final year of engineering candidate are allow for the IES exam.

but Information Technology holds are not allow for the IES exam.

as the eligibility criteria for the IES exam is like given below

>>only four discipline branch of engineering holders are only eligiable for the IES exam. those are

>EE.

>ECE.

>ME.

>CE.

Other eligibility criteria are

>>age limit is 21-30 years for the general candidate.

>>minimum 55% marks in degree engineering.

>>nationality should be an Indian.

all the best......
22nd September 2011, 12:10 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible.Only the following engineering stream are eligible ..

1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering.

As you are from Computer science then you are not eligible.

all the best.
22nd September 2011, 12:12 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible.Only the following engineering stream are eligible ..

1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering.

As you are from Computer science then you are not eligible.

all the best.
22nd September 2011, 01:20 PM
Aninkanti

The minimum educational qualification for applying IES is graduation in engineering in following discipline:-

*Electrical Engineering.
*Electronics & Communication Engineering.
*Civil Engineering.
*Mechanical Engineering.

And age limit is:-Between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

For more and other information you may cheeck the official website of UPSC:-
www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
22nd September 2011, 03:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello frnds,
Dear friend,

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

If you have completed engineering dicipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departmenta as exam.

Thanks
10th January 2012, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

what were the cut off marks of 2011 ies mechanical engg. for gen & obc candidate on the basis of written examination & final selection
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?