14th September 2012, 08:17 PM

Am i eligible to appear in IES exam in final year of B.E Mechanical?

am i eligible to appear in IES Exam in the final year of my B.E(Mechanical).
Please Suggest and also the procedure of filling form and details about the syllabus for the best preparation of IES Exams?
Is the Syllabus for IES and GATE is same? And if change then How Much?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?
  2. Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?
  3. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  4. Date of IES exam? How to apply for the exam? Is a B.E Mechanical Student eligible for the exam?
  5. Can IES exam be given in 3rd year or final year? Books to be referred?
  6. How many times IES examination is conducted every year ?
  7. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?
  8. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam being an IT student?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of BE course?
  10. Best Coaching Institutes for IES Exam in Delhi? Can I appear for this year IES Exam pursuing final year of BE in EEE?
  11. Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?
  12. Procedure and date to appy for IES examination for final year B.Tech.(Mechanical) students
  13. Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?
  14. Am I eligible for IES exam while in final year of engineering in Information Technology? What is the syllabus and the procedure?
  15. Can B.Tech final year candidates appear for IES Exam?
  16. Can final year student of mechanical engg. for ies exam? how many chances/attempts allowed for appearing in IES exam?
  17. Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I apply for IES exam after doing B.E Mechanical -- [New]
21st February 2013, 10:49 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear in IES exam in final year of B.E Mechanical?

YES, you can appear in the IES exams.

Categories to which recruitments are made through IES exams are
1.Civil Engineering
2.Mechanical Engineering
3.Electrical Engineering
4.Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering

Engineering Services Exam Notification-16.03.2013

Engineering Services Exam-28.06.2013

Any BE/BTECH candidates can apply for this exams.
Final year BE/BTECH can also apply

Age of the candidates should be between 21 and 30 years

I have attached the syallabus for your reference
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc ies.pdf(86.2 KB, 160 views)
21st February 2013, 05:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear in IES exam in final year of B.E Mechanical?

Yes, in the final year of B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to appear for IES.

IES - Indian Engineering Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for appointment of engineers in the top Technical post under various Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics & Telecommunication Dept. under Centeral Government.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd February 2013, 09:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15111990 View Post
Please Suggest and also the procedure of filling form and details about the syllabus for the best preparation of IES Exams?

You BE mechanical final year student so you are applicable for IES Exam.The other details of IES exam is given below-

IES examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed your Bachelor Engineering Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But your engineering degree must be in CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also applicable for IES Exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for OBC category and 5 years for Sc/St category.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

You can apply online or off line both .For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
Fee: Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically Handicapped only).

Pattern for IES Exam for ME student:-

Section:- I—Objective Papers

Subject:-

General Ability Test - 2 hrs - 200 Marks

Part A: General English
Part B: General Studies

Mechanical Engineering Paper I - 2 hrs - 200 Marks
Mechanical Engineering Paper II - 2 hrs- 200 Marks

II--Conventional Papers

Mechanical Engineering Paper I - 3 hrs - 200 Marks
Mechanical Engineering Paper II - 3 hrs - 200 Marks

Total 1000 Marks

GATE and IES exams papers are same but IES exams papers are too tough so you should prepare hard to GATE syllabus .After completion of GATE syllabus you should buy some valuable books from market and prepared well this books.

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam for Mechanical Stream ,so please check it out.

For more information of IES exam , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM FOR ME.PDF(17.8 KB, 99 views)
22nd February 2013, 12:08 PM

hello friend,

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

How to Apply : UPSC applications are available for Rs. 20/- at notified post offices all over the country. Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) through central Recruitment Fee Stamp only shall be attached. There is a fee exemption for SC/ST/Female/PH candidates. Please mark exam code as ENGG and not as IES. IES means Indian Economic service. Be careful in this aspect.

Last date for application : Usually in the first week of March in year of conduct of examination (offline)

Applications can be made online also. For details refer website www.upsc.gov.in

Date of examination : Commences from usually in the last weeks of June in the year of conduct of examination

22nd February 2013, 07:37 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service

Since you are in your final year of Graduation degree that is B.E Mechanical then surely you are eligible for applying IES Exam.....

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate who have completed their Graduation degree in One of the following Engineering Branch i.e., Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Civil are eligible for applying this exam.......

A candidate who are pursuing Final Year can also applicable.....

Age Limit:

Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years in General category, Relaxation for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years and for PH +10 years on upper age......

Attempt Limit:

General category student can apply for maximum 4 times, OBC candidate can maximum 7 times varies SC/ST Student have no Attempt Limit.......

Form Filling:

You can apply for this exam by Online method as well as Offline Method.....

For Online method you have to register your self at here: Click Here

For offline method you have to fill up your form which is available at your near post office of Rs. 100 and you have to send it along with your document require at given aderess........

Books for Reference:-

I.E.S. General Ability (Topic Wise Solved Papers)
Publisher: G K Publishers Pvt. Ltd

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012-2000) IES Indian Engineering Services Objective Paper Mechanical Engineering (Paper 1 & 2)
Code: D372
ISBN: 9789350940839
Author: Trump & Gates & Prashant Kumar Bharti
Pages: 554
Price: 340/-

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
22nd February 2013, 10:23 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for giving the Indian Engineering Services IES exam being in the final year of graduation, provided that you should have completed your degree till the time you reach the interview level.
The minimum age for giving the exam is 21 years and the maximum age is 30 years for the general category, for obc the age limit is extended to 33 years whereas for the sc/st category the age limit is 35 years.
Gud luck
23rd February 2013, 08:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IES is the Indian Engineering services.Best UPSC exam for the engineers.This exam is conducted once in a year.

As you have completed your bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering ,so you are 100% eligible for this exam.your age should be between 21-30 years.

The no of attempts are four for general,seven for obc and there is no limit for sc/st respectively.

Friend,the syllabus for the GATE and IES exam are almost same ,only questions of IES examinations are little bit tough as compared to the GATE examination.

IES exam pattern for Mechanical engineers:

The important dates for the IES 2013 are :

Date of notification:16/03/2013

Last date of receiving application :15/04/2013

Date of examination:28/06/2013.

For filling the online form,you need to register yourself at the www.upsconline.nic.in.After that fill in all your personal details.Upload your signature and photograph and then pay the examination fee through the credit card/debit card/net banking etc.

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

For any further details,you may visit www.upsc.gov.in

aashisranjan784
23rd February 2013, 04:59 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IES examination.

IES examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the IES examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in engineering courses:-
1. Mechanical engineering.
2. Electronics and telecommunication engineering.
3. Civil engineering.
4. Electrical engineering; from any recognised college or university.

* Completion of post-graduation in Wireless communication, Radio engineering, Radio physics, or Electronics from any recognised university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and 9 for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
1st March 2013, 05:26 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible to appear in IES exam in final year of B.E Mechanical?

Quote:

hi friend,

yes, you are eligible for IES exam...........

~~>you have completed your Bachelor Engineering Degree course......

~~> Age Limit :- 21-30 years..(OBC +3 , SC/ST +5)

~~>there are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST 9 attempt limit).....

For more information :- click here..

All the best...
26th March 2013, 10:31 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for it and you can apply for the exam after the notification and you can fill the form at www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?