26th August 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?

sir ,i am pursuing 4th b.tech instrumentation engineering am i eligible for ies xam?if i am eligible then i wanna syllabus for ies ...........thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  2. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  3. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  4. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  5. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  6. Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?
  7. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam? -- [New]
  8. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  9. What is the job of an IES Officer?
  10. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  11. Am i eligible to appear in IES exam in final year of B.E Mechanical?
  12. Eligibility for IES after B.Tech (IT)? Is IT syllabus going to be added to IES syllabus?
  13. How many times IES examination is conducted every year ? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible to sit for IES exam in my 4th year of engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to give IES exam while pursuing EC engineering? Tips for the entrance exam?
  16. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  17. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  18. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
28th August 2012, 08:42 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir ,i am pursuing 4th b.tech instrumentation engineering am i eligible for ies xam?if i am eligible then i wanna syllabus for ies ...........thank you
An engineering graduate with specialization in any field is considered eligible for Engineering Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
But the examination is conducted only in the following disciplines of engineering:

Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

No matter which discipline of engineering you have graduated with, you will have to write the Engineering Service Examination in any of the four core areas of engineering as mentioned above.

Apart from being a graduate in Engineering, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years to be considered eligible for the Engineering Service Examination. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
28th August 2012, 09:51 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?

Quote:
Hey friend,

Details About IES:

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is conducted every year for candidates to join in Indian Engineering Organizations.

This exam can be written by certain candidates only who satisfy the framed criteria's for the exam and as per that you are not eligible for writing the IES exam.

Reason:

You are not eligible for writing the exam as per the needed education qualification for the IES exam as you are pursuing your B.Tech In Instrumentation you are not eligible for the exam as it is not satisfying the education qualification needed.

The candidate who want to be eligible for the exam as per the education qualification should have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech in the following departments:
  • Civil Engineering,
  • Mechanical Engineering,
  • Electrical Engineering and
  • Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering.

As you have not done a degree in the above mentioned departments you are not eligible for writing the IES exam to join in Engineering Organizations

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
28th August 2012, 10:20 PM
incredibleshub

Quote:

SORRY to tell you that you are not eligible for this exam.

ELIGIBILITY:
The candidates who possess an engineering degree in any of the following specializations from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the IES entrance exam.
  1. Civil Engineering
  2. Mechanical Engineering
  3. Electrical Engineering
  4. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
M.Sc degree holders are also eligible provided they have studied any of the following as a special subject.
  1. Wireless Communications
  2. Electronics
  3. Radio Physics
  4. Radio Engineering
Candidates in the final year of qualifying exam may also apply for the same. Moreover, the applicant should be in the age limit of 21 to 30 years. However, certain category candidates are provided with age relaxation.

GOOD LUCK !
28th August 2012, 11:08 PM
patcha_344

Quote:
HIE...
IES Indian engineering service exam conducted by UPSC (union public service commission)
Streams of engineering for which exam is conducted -
1.Mechanical engineering
2.Civil engineering
3.Electrical engineering
4.Electrical & Tele communication engineering
Regarding eligibility you are eligible for this exam any stream from engineering are suitable, as you are from instrumentation engineering subjects from civil and mechanical would help u out as u got idea from them so i would suggest u took take up the preparation as soon as possible and apply for the exam
Syllabus for IES exam-
1.CIVIL engineering
a.Building materials
b.Solid mechanics
c.Structural Analysis
d.Design of steel structure
e.Construction and planning management
2.MECHANICAL engineering
a.thermo dynamics
b.fluid mechanics
c.automobile engineering
d.heat and mass transfer
e.mechanics of solids
3.ELECTRICAL engineering
a.electrical materials
b.electrical circuits
c.measurements & instrumentation
d.control system
you need to check out the dates of examination and required formalities for registration for the exam through the official website from UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in
ALL THE BEST
28th August 2012, 11:22 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes you are eligible for apply for the IES exam.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

You should be a citizen of india.

The candidate should be complete the graduation in engineering from any recognizde university. There is no minimum percentage of marks required for this exam.

The candidate age limit should be 21 to 30 years. The age relaxation for obc candidates is 3 years. And the sc/st candidates is 5 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

The no. Of attempts should be 4 attempts for the general category. 7 attempts for obc candidates. There is no limit of attempts for the sc/st candidates.

The candidate should be physically fit for this exam.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main exam

Personal Interview

Syllabus for IES exam:

Mechanical Engineering

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Telecommunication

for more details visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
29th August 2012, 01:26 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IES Eligibility Criteria :

Educational Qualification :

Degree in
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
OR equivalent degree from recognized university
M.Sc Degree or equivalent with wireless communication , Electronics , radio Physics
Students of final year engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible

Age limits :

not less than 21 years & not more then 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of Examination
upper age limit relaxation for Sc/St , OBC Candidates

29th August 2012, 04:51 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.E.S after passing B.Tech in Instrumentation.

The student who pass the B.Tech in following branch is eligible for I.E.S:-
> Civil Engineering
> Mechanical Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering.

GOOD LUCK!
31st August 2012, 09:32 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for IES exam.

IES stands for iNDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.The minimum qualification needed for this exam is graduation or equivalent course from a recognized university of india.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THIS EXAM:

Candidate should complete graduation or equivalent course from a recognized university

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years

5 years for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

no percentage of marks required for this exam

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

SYLLABUS:

civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics & communication engineering

ALL THE BEST.....
29th December 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to sit for IES in my 4th yr of engineering? My stream is ECE.
8th January 2013, 06:04 PM
fight1

IES stands for iNDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC

Educational Qualifications :

You should have degree among following degree :
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limit:
Your age should be between minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years.

Age Relaxation:
Upper age limit of 30 years is relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government Servants of certain categories.
13th June 2013, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing my final year Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. May I choose Electrical Engineering for IES exam? When should I apply for the exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?