1st March 2013, 10:59 PM
nayan56bs

Am I eligible for IIM after scoring 90% in 10th state board exam and 70% in state PU board exam

Hello Sir,
I have scored 90% in 10th state board exams and 70% in state PU board exams and 73.82% in engineering(VTU).

My only question is am I eligible for IIM?Do I get a seat in IIM if I crack the CAT exam?

Please answer the question and do the needful...

Related Questions:
  1. Being 13 years old can I appear in Maharashtra state board exam (10th board exam)?
  2. Can I join 11th in state board if I have completed 10th in CBSE? -- [New]
  3. Should I go for Maharashtra state board students after scoring 74.1% in 10th CBSE?
  4. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  5. Am I eligible to get into institutes like IIM or top 20 B-Schools afer scoring 76% in 10th, 52% in PU board and 74% in graduation?
  6. Can I give 12th state board exam without giving 11th?
  7. Can I give 12th state board exam without giving 11th?
  8. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  9. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  10. I have got only 90% in IPE board exam (state 12th). Will it affect my IIM chances? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility for CET exam in 2013 after 11th and 12th from Andhra state board and 4th to 10th from CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility to apply in CBSE Scholarship for State Board student?
  13. What are the qualifications required for state board exam(Civil Engineering)? Do I need to study again?
  14. Can I get admission in CBSE Board if studying in State Board?
  15. Can I prepare for CAT exam after scoring 63% in 10th in UP board and 49% in 12th?
  16. Am I eligible for B.Tech after scoring 53 marks in Maths in Kerala State Board
  17. Any problem in changing the state board of MP after 10th? Can I go to Tamilnadu for high secondary exam(12th board)?
  18. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
2nd March 2013, 11:15 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIM after scoring 90% in 10th state board exam and 70% in state PU board exam

IIM - Indian Institute of Management conducts entrance exam like CAT(Common Admission Test) for admission to 2 years MBA(Master of Business Administration) course after Graduation in any stream.

So mark secured in 10th and 12th has nothing to do with CAT entrance exam to purse MBA in IIMs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.ac.in
27th March 2013, 12:11 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIM after scoring 90% in 10th state board exam and 70% in state PU board exam

The marks in 10th, 12th will not be counted when you take admission into IIM.

For getting admission into IIMs you have to qualify CAT with a very good score then only you can get admission.

For CAT you should be Graduate in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognised university.

So if you have the Graduation degree with 50% marks then apply for CAT and try to get very excellent score so that you can get admission into IIM.

IIM are the most sought out Institutes for MBA and the CAT score usually are very high due to competition and you must be very well prepared then only you can get into IIMs.

If you get a good CAT score then you can apply for IIM admission and then you will have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

After GD and PI the admission will be given on the basis of merit.

For more information visit http://www.catiim.in
30th March 2013, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

thanks a lot Sir:-):-)am from engineering background ..my engineering aggregate is 73.91%...but in IIM ahmedabad and also in other IIM dont remember the place, they mentioned only "non engineering students can apply"...what about that statement Sir??
15th November 2014, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

IF I HAVE GIVEN 10 CBSE BOARD THE CCE EXAMINATION NOT THE STATE BOARD WILL MY 10 CLASS MARKS STILL BE COUNTED FOR THE ASSESSMENT
27th September 2016, 08:59 PM
Birendra chauhan

Your question is very simple. IIM means - Indian Institute of Management this is a professional course. You may have good marks in 10th or 12th but this marks is not counted during admission for IIM.

For IIM=>
1.> Students should be graduate.
2.> Their age should be minimum 18 years old.
3.> Candidates should have minimum 50 % in graduation.
Students have to crack the exam conducted by IIM like CAT with a acceptable rank.
After qualified in exam students can take admission in university for IIm.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?