28th January 2012, 11:31 AM
verma subhash

Can I prepare for CAT exam after scoring 63% in 10th in UP board and 49% in 12th?

Hello I am subhash i want to say that i have 63% at 10th in up board and 49% in 12th with pcm by up board, and i study in bba (distance education) by mdu rohtak.I want to ask that can i prepare cat exam and go iim colleges. please give me answere.
thank you very much

31st January 2012, 04:03 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for CAT exam after scoring 63% in 10th in UP board and 49% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma subhash View Post
Hello I am subhash i want to say that i have 63% at 10th in up board and 49% in 12th with pcm by up board, and i study in bba (distance education) by mdu rohtak.I want to ask that can i prepare cat exam and go iim colleges. please give me answere.
thank you very much
Since you are pursuing Bachelor of Business Administration from Maharshi Dayananda University-an recognized university, you will be considered eligible to take the Common Admission Test conducted by the Indian Institute of Management provided you qualify the bachelors degree program with a minimum of 50% marks.
For candidates belonging to Sc/St category will be considered eligible with a minimum of 45% in bachelors degree examination.

As far as getting admission in Indian Institute of Management is concerned, it depends upon your performance in the written test, group discussion and Interview. Apart from this, your admission will also depend upon your previous academic records, like your performance in the higher secondary examination as well as secondary examination, conducted by any recognized board.

For more information, refer to the official website of Indian Institute of Management / CAT IIM.
31st January 2012, 01:10 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for CAT exam after scoring 63% in 10th in UP board and 49% in 12th?

Quote:
thank you very much
HI,
Friend in C.AT exam 10th and 12th marks is not matter.

C.A.T stand for COMMON ADMISSION TEST

C.A.T exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad..

ELIGIBILITY FOR C.A.T:-
> Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks..
> There is not age limit and restriction in number of attempts..

So, Friend if you get more then 50% marks in graduation then you are eligible for C.A.T exam.

ALL THE BEST!
31st January 2012, 03:23 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
thank you very much
Yes, You can sit for CAT.

The marks of 10th and 12th is not required for CAT exam. To sit for CAT, you need a bachelor's degree in any field with 50% marks.

As everyone say, CAT is the most toughest entrance exam in management to study MBA in IIMs.

So the preparation needed to crack CAT should be very very good. Its better that you join a coaching class.

Final years students can also sit for the exam, but they have to show their passing cerficate during admission.

So you can sit for CAT. The first thing that you have to do right now is start your preparation with full dedication for CAT and target to achive it.

All the best.
7th June 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
can i eligibile of CAT exam becuase

X = 48% (2008)
XII = 56% (2012) of UP board
then can i preparation for C.A.T. exam?
this interval time & my % any problem create in my CAT exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?