6th May 2015, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Army if I have a habit of drinking beer?

I have a habbit of drinking beer.. Can i am able for selection in indian army.. But my habbit is not drinking regularly it's about 5 or 8 days in a month. So, will it be a problem? Can someone let me know the information on this as I need to double check about the same?

7th May 2015, 01:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Army if I have a habit of drinking beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a habbit of drinking beer.. Can i am able for selection in indian army.. But my habbit is not drinking regularly it's about 5 or 8 days in a month. So, will it be a problem? Can someone let me know the information on this as I need to double check about the same?
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
7th May 2015, 07:33 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

For your kind notice, if you want to enter the Indian Army then you need to have enough manners and be a decent person because the soldier of Indian Army is provided with all facilities possible from the government's side that is why soldiers are found well enthusiastic, talented, dynamic and powerful as per the expectations of Indian Army rules and you also need to follow all the guidelines of the board then only you will be able to stay in army otherwise no board will entertain you.

As you have said that you have a habit of drinking beer about 7 days a month but not regularly so I would say that there is no such problem with your habit because Indian Army soldiers are also given so many facilities to eat and drink as per they want and beer and other beverages are also provided to the soldiers but according to the rules and you should also know that soldiers are permitted to drink beer under the manners and rules of the Indian Army because they are provided under watch of some higher officer that is why no soldier can take such things more or less means should be equal.

So you might also be permitted to drink beer if you enter the Indian Army and may have good future ahead but you must know that alcohol is not permitted into the Indian army so you need to be careful that you will never take alcohol in your life while being in the Indian army otherwise you might be punished by the higher authorities so be careful and everything should be in limit.

If you are a limited person of your life then you may have great success in your career that is why try to lessen the habit of drinking beer but if necessary then drink as per the requirement not more than that of your capacity otherwise others would need to help you so be in limit and do everything.

You can enter the Indian Army through CDS examination which is conducted twice a yeawr.

You can also appear for UPSC Assistant Commandant Examination and become AC in the Indian Army means officers from starting so nothing can be better than this so apply for this exam now and become an officer in Indian army.
7th May 2015, 12:07 PM
shekhartyagi50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not at all it is a big problem what they need is you shouldn't be affected by this you must be physically fit during the exam and selection procedure otherwise no body cares whatever you do.
Because after your selection you can go for this as per your interest but for the selection there are not as such problem you have got.
7th May 2015, 03:20 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Have you not heard of any army official fond of drinking wine or beer.
Its perfectly normal and i don't think it will any problem in your selection if rest of the things are good.

But make sure that you do not consume it during your selection in SSB or during your training.
It should not become habitual and should be kept as a matter of enjoyment only. Like you said that, you drink only 5-8 days a month, so i think its OK and won't be a problem with you.

Also, you have to make sure that you do not suffer any medical condition because of consumption of beer because if that case ever come up then it could lead you in trouble.

Otherwise, its perfectly normal and you do not need to worry about it much.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?