1st January 2013, 03:35 PM
sahib dayal

Am I eligible for the entrance exam of NDA(Indian Army) after passing 12th commerce

hii
i am robin walia and have passed +2 commerce
i was born on 29-06-1994
so am i eligible for the enterance exams of NDA (INDIAN ARMY)

10th January 2013, 04:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the entrance exam of NDA(Indian Army) after passing 12th commerce

Yes, you have adequate educational qualifications to apply for NDA exam. Since the upper age limit is 19 years, it is also up to the mark. Being a non science student, you can apply for Indian Army only. Also unmarried male candidate can only apply for NDA. Details on the exam can be collected from UPSC portal.
17th April 2013, 11:59 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the entrance exam of NDA(Indian Army) after passing 12th commerce

Dear Sahib,

The acronym for NDA is National Defence Academy.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for NDA examination because your age has crossed the age limit of NDA examination.

Currently, your present age is 19+.

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM from any accredited board.

* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Sex:- Male.

* Marital status:- Unmarried.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

18th April 2013, 12:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahib dayal View Post
hii
i am robin walia and have passed +2 commerce
i was born on 29-06-1994
so am i eligible for the enterance exams of NDA (INDIAN ARMY)

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year as NDA I and NDA II .

Candidate have completed 12th board or final year of 12th board are applicable for NDA exam.This exam not require any percentage marks in 12th board.

You have completed 12th standard with commerce stream so you are applicable for Indian Army exam .

The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for Sc/ST candidate . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. You must have Citizenship of India.

Your Date of birth is 29-06-1994 .So your age now 18+ .So you are applicable for NDA II Exam for 2013 .

But you are not applicable for NDA I and NDA II exam in 2014 .This is your last chance to qualify this exam.

NDA I Exam date already over so you can try for NDA II Exam .The Notification is given below-

Date of Notification : 04.05.2013
Last date for receipt of application : 03.06.2013
Date of commencement of Exam : 11.08.2013

From this year NDA application form must be submitted by only online system. The fees for NDA exam is 50/- . You can be paid the amount through SBI Debit/Credit Card or by SBI Net Banking or by depositing directly in SBI .

For more about NDA exam , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2013, 10:31 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Robin,

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Examination twice every year as NDA-I Exam and NDA-II Exam in the month of April and August respectively.

As you know that this examination is conducted for those candidates who desire to join the following wings :

* Indian Army

* Indian Navy

* Indian Air Force

Since , your Date of birth is 29-06-1994 , so according to this your present age is 2 months sort of 19 years.

But unfortunately you are not eligible to appear for the NDA-II Exam to be conducted in August , 2013 because as per the UPSC only those candidates who have born between 01-08-1995 to 31-01-2013 are eligible for the NDA-II Exam.

So , no matter you have done 12th with Commerce stream or from any other stream, you doesn`t meet the required age criteria for the exam.

Consequently , you cannot sit for the NDA-II Exam this year.

However , if you are so much interested in joining the Indian Army , then you can appear for the NDA Examinations which will be conducted in the year 2014.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?