16th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if pursuing 1st year of B.Sc(Zoology)?

Hello,
I am a student of B.Sc(Zoology) in 1st year.
I have completed my 12th with both Biology and Math.
I want to join Indian Navy.
Kindly tell me now I am eligible to join or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 18 years old B.Sc 1st semester pursuing candidate?
  2. How should I apply for Indian Navy pursuing final year of B.Com course? When will be the date of exam for this? Am I eligible to join Indian Navy with a height of 4'8"?
  3. Am I eligible to join Indian Army having completed 12th with Commerce and without Mathematics and pursuing final year of BBA?
  4. how can i join indian navy being in final year?
  5. Is it possible to join Indian Navy after scoring 56.9% in 12th PCM?
  6. Exam for women to join Indian Navy? Criteria and selection pattern?
  7. How can I join Indian Navy being a B.Com 2nd year student?
  8. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to join Indian Navy after completing senior secondary with commerce?
  10. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  11. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy? Requirements for it?
  12. Can I join Indian Navy after completing 12th with 50%?
  13. Am I eligible to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of B.Sc? Which Entrance Exam should I give for this?
  14. Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?
  15. How can I join Indian Navy being a candidate at an age of above 19 years and pursuing 2nd year of BE?
  16. Career in indian navy after b.tech? Exams and dates?
  17. How to join Indian Navy Job when I am a 25 years old B.E Graduates?
  18. Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?
17th March 2015, 12:27 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if pursuing 1st year of B.Sc(Zoology)?

Being first year of B.Sc (Zoology), you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy Examination. Indian Navy conducts the examinations in different entry levels. The Qualification and age limits differs from entry to entry. Entries like 10th, 12th, graduation and post-graduation. In your case, you are middle of the graduation so you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy above entry levels. Let's see the eligibility criteria of Indian Navy entrance examination.

NDA Eligibility :

-> Applicant should have passed Higher Secondary Level with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized school.
-> Applicant age should be between 16.5 yrs to 19 yrs.
-> Applicant should be unmarried male candidates.

CDS Eligibility :

-> Applicant should have passed B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized university or Engineering.
-> Applicant age should be between 19 yrs to 22 yrs.
-> Applicant should be unmarried male candidates.
-> Final year of degree course may also apply.
17th March 2015, 06:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if pursuing 1st year of B.Sc(Zoology)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am a student of B.Sc(Zoology) in 1st year.
I have completed my 12th with both Biology and Math.
I want to join Indian Navy.
Kindly tell me now I am eligible to join or not?
No, you are not eligible for Indian Navy because you are persuing 1st year of B.Sc degree. After completion of B.Sc degree, you can apply for Indian Navy through CDS exam.

You have completed 12th standard with Biology and Mathematics. So if you have physics subject in 12th standard then you are eligible for Indian Nay exam through NDA exam. But your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
17th March 2015, 08:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join in Indian Navy being a B.Sc (Zoology) first year student. To be eligible to join in Indian Navy, you must have to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognised institution.

3. You must be in between 19-22 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

Since, you are pursuing first year B.Sc. (Zoology) course, you are not eligible to appear in CDS examination and you cannot join in Indian Navy.
30th March 2015, 01:00 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say this you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy with Zoology as your Subject.Since Indian Navy only recruits the candidates having the Maths,Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects.Otherwise there is No possibility to apply for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

For 12th students which are interested to join Indian Navy should have 12th with MPC through NDA examination.Or else there is another exam called CDS and through this you can also join in to the Indian Navy but you should have B.SC with Maths and Physics from the recognized University.

Age should be 16 1/2 to 19 years for NDA and For CDS you should have an age in between 19 to 22 years.
8th April 2015, 04:55 PM
Ashwakh

As of now with your 12th qualification , you are not eligible to join in Indian navy .
But , you can join in Navy once you complete your Graduation .
After completion of your Graduation , you can apply for the Defence service entrance exam like CDS to join in Indian Navy.

CDS exam Details:-
~~~~~~~~~~~

Cds stands for combined defence service

To apply for the exam ,

* The candidate shouldhave completed Graduation in Any Descipline from a Recognised University .
* To join in Navy through CDS exam , age shouldbe in between 19-22 years only
* To join in Army through cds exam , age shouldbe in between 19-24 years only
* To join in Airforce through cds exam , age shouldbe in between 19-23 years only
* The candidate shouldbe an Unmarried candidate

Selection process is ,

1) Written exam
2) SSB Interview
3) Medical Test

The exam will held two times in every year by UPSC of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?