27th July 2013, 02:01 PM
bobi.kirti

Am I eligible to join Indian forces? I am a final year B.Tech degree from computer science stream

respected sir/madam,
i am a Indian citizen girl, in my final year of b.tech degree from computer sc. stream... am i eligible for joining any of Indian forces??? whether in Indian navy, or army, or air force...????

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream can I swap to in final year of my Bachelor Degree if I have cleared second year with Computer Science stream?
  2. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  3. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  4. How to join Defense forces for 3rd year Engineering student of Computer science branch?
  5. When will be the next M.Ed entrance test in CCS University
  6. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy/Army in Technical branch?
  7. How to do MCA or MS after passing B>Tech final year in computer science?
  8. How to join Indian Armed Forces after studying in 12th computer science? What are the major engineering courses in Navy, Army and Airforce?
  9. What are the jobs in Indian Air Force? I am doing B.E computer science
  10. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  11. How should I join Indian Army? I have done B.Tech computer science and engineering
  12. Am I eligible to join MBA in Airport Management being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Sc in Computer Science? Fee structure for this course?
  13. Which stream is better for pursuing MS degree? I am a final year B.Tech(ECE) student
  14. How to get a job in my final year after pursuing B.Tech final year in computer science?
  15. What are the ways to join Merchant navy after completion of degree? I am a BSc final year student of computer science -- [New]
  16. What are the career options for me to join Indian Armed Forces? I am a student of mechanical engineering diploma
  17. Joining Indian Army through university entry scheme after B.tech -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I take admission in C-DAC course in any institute while continuing my B.Com course?
6th January 2015, 11:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian forces? I am a final year B.Tech degree from computer science stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobi.kirti View Post
respected sir/madam,
i am a Indian citizen girl, in my final year of b.tech degree from computer sc. stream... am i eligible for joining any of Indian forces??? whether in Indian navy, or army, or air force...????
Yes, you are eligible Indian Air Force exam through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination. CDS Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

For more details about CDS exam and Application process, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in and http://careerairforce.nic.in
27th March 2015, 09:15 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian forces? I am a final year B.Tech degree from computer science stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobi.kirti View Post
respected sir/madam,

Yes, of course you are eligible to join Indian Forces.

For that, you have to apply for CDS examination. CDS stands for the Combined Defence Service. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice time in a year.

As you have completed your B.Tech in computer science then, you are eligible for all the wings of Indian forces that are:
  • Air Force wing (IFA),
  • Navy (INA) wing,
  • Army wing (IMA) and
  • OTA (Officers Training Academy) wing
For Navy & Air Force wing, candidates should have completed at least their bachelor of engineering from the recognized university. For Navy wings age should be between 19 to 22 years whereas, for Air Force wing age should be between 19 to 23 years.

For IMA & OTA candidates should have completed at least their bachelor degree in any discipline from the recognized university. Age should be between 19 to 25 years.

You can get full details about this examination at here Click Here
29th March 2015, 08:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not you are eligible to join any of the wings of Defense being a final year candidate of Computer Science engineering.

There are several gateways at bachelor's degree level to enter into different wings. They are discussed as below:

1. Combined Defense Services

It gives you chance to join different academies like :

>>Indian Military Academy: 19-24 years

>>Indian Naval Academy: 19-23 years.

>>Officer's Training Academy: 19-25 years.

>>Air Force Academy: 19-23 years.

Academic Requirements:

>>For IMA/OTA: You must have bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university of its equivalent.

>>For Naval Academy : Bachelor of Engineering.

>>For Airforce Academy: Minimum of bachelor's degree with mathematics and physics at 10+2 level or bachelor of engineering.

You can apply for the CDS II at www.upsconline.nic.in, the date of notification for this exam is 18/07/2015.

2. Air Force Common Admission test.

In order to join Air Force Academy, you can also appear for AFCAT exam, this is also conducted twice every year.

AFCAT I is over. You need to wait for the AFCAT II. For any more details, you can visitwww.careerairforce.nic.in

3. SSC Tech Women:

It will give you chance to join Indian Army. You will be short listed on the basis of % of marks secured upto your seventh semester.

After that, you will called for the Service Selection Board.

For any more details, visit joinindianarmy.nic.in
30th March 2015, 12:18 AM
unique99

Yes you are eligible for CDS examination conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)through which you can join Army/Navy/Air Force as per your choice.

You are doing b.tech computer science engineering so that your back ground is science with PCM which will remove all problems regarding eligibility.

CDS Eligibility:-

CDS(combined defence services)entrance examination is conducted by UPSC 2 times in a year.

Any Graduate or a final year candidate can write CDS entrance examination.

Age: Maximum age is 25 years for arts Candidate and for Navy 22 years and Air Force 23 years respectively.

Gender: Male Female both can appear CDS entrance examination.

Candidates must be single (unmarried)

Visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

30th March 2015, 01:55 AM
bichapoda

As your going to complete your Graduation you can apply CDS exam to get in to any Indian Forces.

CDS is the Entrance exam for Graduation candidates who wan to get in to Indian Forces like navy,army,Air force.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services.

To apply for CDS exam you need to have completed your Graduation from any Recognized University.
  • Your Age need to minimum of 20 years and maximum of 24 years.
  • You need to be Un-Married.
  • You need to be Citizen of India.
For more details regarding Date of exam and online registration visit Official website of UPSC at :- www.upsconline.nic.in
30th March 2015, 10:16 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join the Indian armed forces after qualifying the entrance exam of C.D.S.Combined Defense Service) which is organized by the Union Public Service Commission of India which is conducted to enter the all 3 departments of Indian armed forces-
Navel forces

Indian army

Indian Air Force

Eligibility criteria for this exam is-
candidate should be the Indian with passing graduation from a reputed collage and approved by UGC And should be physically fit and eye sight should be 4/4.

To join the army wing age must be fall in 19-23 years and for the Air force and navel force it should be upto 19-22 years with passing graduation from Math and Physics.

And to enter the OTA you should be the 19-25 years and a graduate from a UGC approved University.

Exam pattern for the C.D.S. is-
Preliminary and Mains exam. Where preliminary exam includes the three main subjects - Mathematics, General knowledge and English each of 100 marks and a minimum of 2-2 hours.

Mains exam is conducted in English and general knowledge in English and General knowledge each of 100 marks and 2-2 hours of time.

After it two main stages are there that are Medical test and Interview held after it the candidate are selected go for the officer training.
30th March 2015, 02:15 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Yes you can join the Indian air force after getting a graduation certificate.There are so many post in Air force in which only Graduates are allowed to take participate.
If you are interested to join this fireld then you will go through the CDS entrance whcih is for the final year student.I you will crack the entrance exams of CDS then off course you will become eligible to join this.
CDS means "Combined Defence Services".This exam is maily conducted by the UPSC(Union Public service commision).
This is among the standard organisation in government sector who mainly conduct this exams.

The minimum eligibility to fill the applications form of CDS is graduations from any authorised university of India.

In CDS there are three sector/fields which are as below--->>

MILITARY ACADEMY,AIR FORCE ACADEMY AND NAVAL ACADEMY.
All the three fields have their own eligibility and importance

Education Qualification for the CDS ( all) is--->>

Military Academy :--- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.
Air Force Academy :-- Graduations Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized University.
Naval Academy :--Graduations degree with Physics or Mathematics from a recognized University.
Officer Training Academy :-- Graduations Degree from a recognized University.

Age requirements are-->>

Military Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 24 years.
Air Force Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years.
Naval Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 22 years.
Officer Training Academy :: minimum 19 years and maximum 25 years.

You need to please visit the official website of UPSC which is www.upsc.nic.in
On the above you will get the information and notification about the opening and clossing of the application form.Also you can get the previous year question paper.
30th March 2015, 11:44 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi,
Yes you are eligible for Indian Air force as a final year computer science B.Tech student.

To join Indian Air force you have to clear first AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test).

Any final year B.Tech student is eligble for AFCAT.

QUESTION PATTERN in AFCAT:

--> General Knowledge.

--> Reasoning.

--> Quantative Aptitude.

--> English comprehension.

All question in AFCAT are MCQ type and each carry 1 marks.

SELECTION PROCESS IN Air Force:

--> AFCAT Written test.

--> SSB Interview.

--> Medical Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?