19th June 2016, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completing 12th with Biology?

Hi Sir, I am Neil Panchal studying in 12th with science my subjects are Physics, chemistry and Biology.I am interested in joining Indian Navy,can I join the Indian Navy as a biology students? Can you please let me know the details on the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to get a job in the Indian Navy after completing intermediate with Biology?
  3. Am I eligible to get a job in the Indian Navy after completing B.Sc (CBZ)? What is the procedure to join the Indian Navy?
  4. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Commerce student?
  5. Can I join Indian Navy after completing class 12th at the age of 17?
  6. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing graduation in BBA?
  7. How can I join Indian Navy if completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English?
  8. Procedure to join Indian Navy after B.Sc for a girl?
  9. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (Science)? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
  10. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if pursuing 1st year of B.Sc(Zoology)?
  11. Am I eligible to join merchant navy if I had completed 12th with Biology as main subject?
  12. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to join Indian Navy after completing senior secondary class in commerce?
  14. Am I eligible for Indian navy or merchant navy after 12th with PCB?
  15. How can I join the Indian Navy Accounts section after completing class 12th with Commerce stream?
  16. How to join Indian Navy as an officer after completing 12th with biomaths stream?
  17. How can a girl join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (non medical)? What steps should be followed to join the Indian Navy?
  18. Am I eligible for Indian Navy after 12th arts stream?
19th June 2016, 03:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completion of 12th with Biology?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard with Biology subject from a Government recognised board. To be eligible to join Indian Navy, you should have completed your 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

To join in Indian Navy/ Air Force/ Army, you should have to appear in NDA examination by fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You must be a citizen of India.

=> For Army, you should have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any discipline from a Government recognised board.

For Air Force and Navy, you should have completed your 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> Age Limit :- 16 1/2 to 19 years.

=> You must be an unmarried male candidate.

=> You must be Physically as well as Mentally healthy.

Since, you have not pursued your 12th standard with Mathematics subject, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy. But, being a 12th standard Biology student, you are eligible to join Indian Army through NDA examination.
19th June 2016, 08:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completion of 12th with Biology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi.....i m Neil Panchal studying in 12th science my subjects is Physics, chemistry , Biology and taking interest in joinning Indian Navy so....plz the can I join the Indian Navy as i m a biology students??????? Can you please let me know the details on the same?
Your 12th standard subject in not Mathematics, so you are not eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible for Indian Navy post trough NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
19th June 2016, 10:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as for the same Mathematics in the academics is must.

But you still have the option of Indian Army if you are interested in joining Indian defense and for the same you will have first join NDA ( National Defense Academy ) by qualifying NDA entrance examination.

NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The qualifications which you must have for appearing in the same examination in order to join Indian Army are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any discipline or any degree equivalent to same from a recognized board. Students pursuing final year of same are also eligible.

* You must satisfy the physical requirement as per the service requirement norms.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th June 2016, 11:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Navy after 12th , A candidate must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects to qualify the entrance exam known as NDA that is conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service Commission.
As a Biology student you have another option that is to complete your graduation in any discipline and then to appear in CDS exam.
20th June 2016, 12:05 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates with 10+2 with biology stream are not eligible to appear for NDA examination for recruitment in Navy.

The eligibility to appear for NDA examination for selection in Navy is :-

Candidates must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidates age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

Candidates must have PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to join Navy after 10+2 with biology. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?