18th May 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class?

Respected sir/madam.
Iam studying in class 12 in biomaths stream.i would like to join indian navy as an officer,after completing class12.am i eligible?if yes what are my oppurtunities?

16th July 2012, 11:34 AM
raghav1717
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class?

Hi friend
Here you are eligble to join Indian Navy if you have complete basic of 12th :-

Qualification to join Indian Navy:-
you must have complete 12th with Science stream.
You are the citizen of India.
You should have minimum completed 10+2 education.
Age limit:-Your age is between 16.5 to 24 years.

Minimum Hight:-Your height is 157 cm for males and 152 cm for females.

Eye sight:-Your eye sight is 6/6 for good eye and 6/12 for worst eye.

And if you want to join Navy then you can do the entrance exam like as...

NDA:- National Defence Academy .

Eligibility Details of NDA Exam:-

>>.You Should Be Citizen of India.
>>.You Should completed 10+2
>>.your Age Should be between 16.5-19 Years.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR NDA Ist, 2012

Notification Date(NDA)--31st December 2011
Last Date to Apply(NDA)--30th January 2012
NDA Exam Date is --15th April 2012

IMPORTANT DATES FOR NDA IInd, 2012
Date of Notification--05.05.2012
Last Date to Apply(NDA)-- 04.06.2012
NDA Exam Date--19.08.2012

Best of luck...
16th July 2012, 12:49 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class?

Hi dear..

For Joining Indian Navy, There are two types of entries (exam) conducted by UPSC twice every year.

A) NDA entry :- National Defense Academy
As per educational Qualification , You are eligible but you should also qualify physical stands.

The admission is based on Entrance exam followed by Physical test which is followed by an interview

The eligibility criteria is as given:-

-->You should be a citizen of India
( If any person from other country like Bhutan,Sri Lanka etc. is an aspirant he should have come to India before 1962 with an objective to permanently settle in India)

-->Your age should be 16 1/2 years to 19 years and there is no relaxation given for any candidates
Candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1994 and not later than 01st January, 1997 are eligible

-->You should have completed your +2 in any stream from recognised board or University.
Candidates who have to appear for +2 exams are also eligible for NDA

-->Only Unmarried male candidates are allowed to appear for NDA after +2.

Note:- (If you are a girl then you can apply for NDA only after completing your graduation from any recognized board or university.)
You should be Physically as well as Medically fit for the Examination ( All the physical standards should be as described below)

Fees :-
Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs who are exempted from payment of fee) have to make a payment of Rs.50/- either by cash or by net banking in any Branch of SBI bank.

How to apply: Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in

Selection Process:-
Two stage test includes first stage, Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
If the aspirant gets minimum qualifying marks then he would be called for II Stage.
Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the original certificates along with one photocopy each of
(I) original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth,
(II) original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification

Examination Pattern Scheme :-
-->The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows :–

-->The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) OF MATHEMATICS AND PART "b" OF GENERAL ABILITY TESTS WILL BE SET BILINGUALLY IN HINDI AS WELL AS English.

-->The candidates are not permitted to use calculator or Mathematical or logirithmic table for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.

-->Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.

The Physical standards for NDA are given below :-

A ± 10% (A ± 6 Kg for Navy) departure from the average weight given in the table 1 above is to be considered within normal limit. However, in individuals with heavy bones and broad build as well as individuals with thin but otherwise healthy this may be relaxed to some extent on merit.

Note 1 : Height relaxable upto 2.5 cm (5 cm. for Navy) may be allowed where the Medical Board certifies that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.

Note 2 : To meet special requirement as a pilot in the Air Force the acceptable measurements of leg length,

B) CDSE entry :-

Combined Defense Service (CDS)

Eligibility C.D.S.E

--> You should atleast be a graduate in engineering to join Indian army.

--> You should be a citizen of India.

--> Your age should be b/w 19 to 25 years.

All the best...!!
Have a nice day..!!
17th July 2012, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class?

For joining after 12,you can give nda exam,to join as an officer.or after graduate you can also give cds for joining.prepare well for exam,practise last 10 year papers.
Best of luck
17th July 2012, 03:02 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To join in Indian Navy after 12th class,then you should apply for NDA exam.NDA stands for National Defense Academy.This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year twice.NDA-I notification releases in the month of December and exam will held on April month every year.NDA-II exam notification will release in the month May and exam will held on August month every year.Through NDA exam,you can apply for three defense academy,they are
>>Indian Air Force Academy
>>Indian Navy Academy
>>Indian Army Academy

To appear for NDA(Indian Navy Academy),you should have completed or appearing for final exam of 12th class with PCM stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

If you fulfill with this criteria,then you can fill this year NDA exam.For more details,then visit the official website.

http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th July 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

i completed my 10th and now i am doing diploma in ec branch after completion of my diploma am i eligible to join indian navy for officer post please suggest
24th July 2012, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

i completed my 10th with 87% and now i am doing diploma in ec branch i want to join indian navy. After completion of diploma am i eligible for officer post? please suggest me.
17th March 2013, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible to join indian navy as officer afer completing of 12 th lass at the ge of 19th
19th April 2013, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Am weight is 94.am i eligible to join indian navy
9th August 2013, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to become a navel officer? i am a 2 student,commerce maths.
10th August 2013, 01:26 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am i eligible to become a navel officer? i am a 2 student,commerce maths.
NO, you cannot apply to Indian Navy

But YES, you can apply to Indian army

For this you have to appear in the NDA exams

Educational Qualifications:
Army Wing-12th Pass in any stream
Navy & Airforce Wing- 12th Pass with Subject Physics and Maths as subjects.

AGE-
Minimum age 16.5 years
Maximum age- 19 years

Only Unmarried Male candidates can apply

Selection Procedure involves:
>> Written Test
>> SSB interview
10th August 2013, 03:30 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy as officer after 12th from Science Stream through NDA entrance exam provided you fulfill all eligibility Criteria.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Navy, must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th August 2013, 11:38 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you can join the Indian Navy as an Lieutenant Officer if you have completed 12th and have cracked the NDA Exam.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Exam in order to give candidates a golden opportunity to join the National Defense Academy after completion of Higher Secondary.

The NDA Exam is conducted twice in a year by the Union Public Service Commission in the months of April and August.

Through passing this exam , candidates can join any of the following wings of Indian Defense as per their ranks :

* Indian Army

* Indian Navy

* Indian Air Force

The NDA Exam is conducted in three phases :

1) Written Test

2) SSB Interview

3) Medical test

You need to qualify all the three phases in order to join the National Defense Academy.

The requisites for the NDA Examination are :

* The candidate must have passed 12th with PCM from any recognized board.

* 12th appearing candidates can also apply.

* The candidate`s age must lie in between 16.5-19 years.

* No further relaxation in age is given to any candidate.

* Girl candidates are not allowed to give this exam so only Male candidates are considered eligible.

* The candidates must be Indian.

* The candidate must be unmarried.

* The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th August 2013, 01:42 AM
Jaynitkumar

Location: At-Lalmohan Nagar,P/o-Pahunsara,Block-Raniganj,Disttrict-Araria (Bihar) 854312

Eligibility to become an Indian Navy Officer

To be an Indian Navy Officer you can avail the following opportunity
Through Naval Academy
Eligibility Criteria
To join the Naval Academy you need tofulfill the following requirements:

1. Educational Qualification
To be eligible for joining Naval Academy you should be passed/appeared 10+2 in with maths, physics and chemistry as subjects (with 70% marks to avail Technical- Cadet Entry Scheme)
2. Age
16-1/2 to 19 years
3. Nationality
Indian
4. Gender
Only male candidates can join the services through Naval Academy
5. Physical Standards
General physical requirements common for all candidates.
~You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/ disability.
12th August 2013, 01:51 PM
manava4
Member+

Quote:
Respected sir/madam.
Iam studying in class 12 in biomaths stream.i would like to join indian navy as an officer,after completing class12.am i eligible?if yes what are my oppurtunities?
Hello,

To join Indian Navy , one has to pass the NDA entrance exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

The entrance for NDA is conducted by UPSC

The eligibility for NDA entrance exam is :

1]One has to be the citizen of India.

2]Age ;16 1/2 to 18 years

3]Educational Qualification:

For Indian Army : A candidate who has passed class 12th in Any Stream from any recognised university.

For Indian Air force and Navy : A candidate who has passed class 12th having Maths and Physics .

Since you have passed 12th in biomaths stream ,you are eligible to join Indian Navy.
12th August 2013, 03:14 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

NDA stands for National defence academy for which Union public service commission conducts NDA Exam twice every year.

In the Indian Navy three type of posts are there:

Technical departments
Pilot departments
Ground floor departments

Eligibility criteria(navy):

You must pass 12 from a recognized board

Age between 16.5 to 19 years

Medical fitness

Indian citizenship

For admission in indian navy one needs to have physics+maths as the subjects.

Already NDA -1 exam over in these year.now you can go for NDA-2.

As last date for application form to be given has been over,hence you can apply for NDA-2 only.

All the best................
12th August 2013, 06:33 PM
Yash Kumar Pareta

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class?

Quote:
Respected sir/madam.
yes,you can join
but if there are requirement for 12th
many time they give vaccancy for 12th
12th August 2013, 06:44 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Respected sir/madam.

Hi,

If you wish to join Indian Navy then you can join it after qualifying NDA exam, after intermediate.

Since you have already done 12th with Biology and Maths stream, you are eligible for NDA exams as far as your qualification is concerned.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and these exams are conducted twice by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exams for Indian Navy ~~

YOu should have studied Maths and Physics in intermediate and have done 12th from a recognised central or state board.

Your age should be between 16 years to 19.5 years.

YOu should be an unmarried male candidate.

The exam of NDA consists of three stages -

A written exam
An SSB interview
A physical examination.

Examination Pattern ~~

Click image for larger version

Name:	NDA pat.png
Views:	520
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	144211

So, if you fulfil the age and other criteria also, you can apply for NDA exam.

Visit www.upsconline.gov.in
12th August 2013, 09:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
To join in indian army after completing 12th,you need to appear for the NDA exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

-->NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

**Eligibility Criteria :

To appear for NDA exam,you need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria :

1.You must be a citizen of India.

2.Your age limit should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

3.You must have completed 12th or equivalent from a recognized university.

4.You must be an unmarried male candidate.

After qualifying in all the rounds of NDA exam,then you are eligible to join in indian army.

Thank You
31st January 2014, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

i had cleared my 12th in 2009 with commerce stream im i eligible for NDA exams coz i have a dream to work with navy forces
23rd April 2015, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Hllw sir my self aman jaiswal sir i want to join indian navy but i am the student of commerce but i am dont want to tke indian army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?