11th December 2012, 11:24 PM
MANMOHAN SHARMA JI

Am i eligible for M.Tech after completing BSc in PCM

am i eligible for m-tech after complete bsc in pcm...pelaset ell me the details

Related Questions:
  1. How much salary will I get after completing BSc+MCA+M.Tech?
  2. Can we do B.E after completing BSc Course? I have secured less marks in PCM group
  3. Am I eligible for MSc in Chemistry after completing BSc with PCM group
  4. Am I eligible for CDAC exam? I am pursuing BSc PCM
  5. Should I do directly do M.Tech after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exams I need to write?
  6. How much salary is offered after completing BSc computer science? How much is the salary with M.Tech and without M.Tech?
  7. can i get admitted in M.E or M.Tech in West Bengal after completing BSc in civil engineering from Bangladesh
  8. Marks required to do M.Tech after MCA? Eligibility? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am i eligible for GATE exam after graduating from BSc with PCM?
  10. How to get admission in Merchant Navy engineering after completing BSc degree with PCM combination?
  11. How to be an IPS officer after completing BSc final year? I am 1st semester student of BSc
  12. Any 1 year course after completing graduation in Science BSc(PCM)?
  13. Am i eligible for Airforce after completing 1st and 2nd semester with 80% in PCM
  14. Am i eligible for UP B.Ed after doing BSc with PCM with 48%
  15. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  16. Can I get higher education in NASA after completion of graduation? I am pursuing BSc with PCM -- [New]
  17. What is good for me after BSc? What is the eligibility criteria? I am a student of BSc PCM
  18. MTech admission criteria after BSc and MCA
12th December 2012, 09:54 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am i eligible for M.Tech after completing BSc in PCM

NO you will not be eligible for appearing in GATE exam after completing your Graduation with science stream.

The eligibility you will require for appearing in this exam:-

>>Your minimum educational qualification should be M.SC pass out.
>>You must be pass out in Graduation with Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics as a Honors paper.
>>Your degree should be approved from the UGC/AICTE.

NOTE:-

>>There will be 60 questions .
>>The total duration for this exam will be 3 hours.
>>The maximum marks will be 100.
>>The questions will be objective type with 4 choices.
>>There will be Negative Marking for each wrong answers.

Its official website is http://gate.iitm.ac.in

12th December 2012, 02:50 PM
ibadsyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANMOHAN SHARMA JI View Post
am i eligible for m-tech after complete bsc in pcm...pelaset ell me the details
Hi, M.tech (Master of Technology) is a masters degree in Engineering or Technology.

The eligibility criteria for M.tech is a pass class in BE/B.tech.

However, for science students the eligibility criteria is MSc in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics.

As you are done with your BSc, I would suggest you to take admission for MSc course depending upon your area of interest and then you will be eligible for doing M.tech.

You will have to appear in the exam known as GATE for taking admission in the reputed engineering colleges for M.tech.

The syllabus for GATE will be the core subjects of your MSc course.
12th December 2012, 07:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not do M.Tech after B.Sc. It is not possible. Science stream students must do post graduation to apply for the Master of Technology course. What this means is that to pursue M.Tech you must first complete post graduation course.

The option you have are M.Sc or MCA. After completing any of these two courses, you can apply for Master of Technology. You can do it by appearing for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE).

GATE is the entrance exam for M.Tech. Some people think that only B.Tech students can apply for GATE which is completely wrong. If you have completed MCA or M.Sc, it would be possible to apply for M.Tech.

Like I mentioned earlier you must do master degree course. You should only pursue MCA if you want to do M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering or IT. Otherwise you should apply for Master of Science course.

Since you have completed B.Sc, it is also possible to take admission for B.Tech. The duration of the course would be 3 years thanks to the lateral entry admission which is offered to Diploma and B.Sc students.

Although institutes like IITs and NITs do not accept the candidates through lateral entry,most of the other colleges would accept you. In case you do not want to do M.Tech then this is also an option for you. There would be a need to clear Lateral Entry Engineering test (LEET) in order to apply for the admission through lateral entry.
12th December 2012, 08:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do M.Tech. then you must have following qualification:

Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area or MSc In appropriate filed or MCA from a recognized Institution and a valid GATE score .

You are B.Sc. PCM hence you are not eligible for M.Tech course .

If you had done your Graduation in Engineering then you would have been eligible for this course.

But you can complete M.Sc. and clear GATE exam after M.Sc. then you will be eligible for M.tech.

So you have to complete M.Sc if you really want to do this course.

Only IITs allow this type of entry and that also through GATE exam. You have to get a very good score in GATE if you want to get admission in IITs.

For more information visit http://www.iiitd.ac.in/admission/mtech/2012
14th December 2012, 11:55 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

You can not eligible for the do M.tech with BSC M.P.c.

To do the M.tech you could complete the Graduation in Engineering or you need to complete the MCA or M.sc.

But you can complete M.Sc. and clear GATE exam after M.Sc. then you will be eligible for M.tech.

GATE is the entrance exam for M.Tech. Some people think that only B.Tech students can apply for GATE which is completely wrong. If you have completed MCA or M.Sc, it would be possible to apply for M.Tech.

Like I mentioned earlier you must do master degree course. You should only pursue MCA if you want to do M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering or IT. Otherwise you should apply for Master of Science course.

So now you need to complete the post Graduation & then you can do the M.tech.

All the best...........
17th December 2012, 07:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc degree holders are not eligible for M.Tech. Engineering graduates as well as M.Sc holders can apply. M.Sc degree must be obtained in subjects like Electronics, Physics and Mathematics. So you can appear for GATE after completing your M.Sc course. No specific percentage requirements are there to attend GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?