26th December 2015, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET after completing BCA and MA in English?

Am I eligible for NET ,after completing BCA as graduation and MA English from reputed university with 79℅ marks in both?

26th December 2015, 07:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after completing BCA and MA in English?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year for:

1. Junior Research Fellowship.

2. Lectureship.

The academic qualification for exam is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of master's degree can also apply for exam.

The minimum percentage of marks for NET exam is 55% for general and 50% for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Yes, you are eligible for NET exam with BCA and MA and with 79% marks in both. The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and no upper age limit for Lectureship.
26th December 2015, 07:33 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The acronym NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

Examination conducting body: University Grants Commission. NET is conducted in June and December every year.

Academic eligibility:

Master's degree from UGC recognized university.

Percentage of marks required: 55%.

You can apply for NET exam as you have 79% marks in English in master's degree.
26th December 2015, 09:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible for NET ,after completing BCA as graduation and MA English from reputed university with 79℅ marks in both?
You have completed M.A degree in English with 79% so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Best books for UGC NET exam:-

UGC NET/JRF/SET English Literature (Paper - 2 & 3)
Author: Shyam Anand, Aarti Anil
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2012)

UGC NET/JRF/SLET English (Paper - II & III) 1st Edition
Author: B. B. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2007)

Trueman's UGC NET National Eligibility Test/SET State Eligibility Test English Literature 01 Edition
Author: B. P. Panigrahi
Publisher: Trueman (2013)

UGC NET/JRF/SET English Literature (Paper 2 and 3)
Author: Hira Lal Chaudhary
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan (2012)
26th December 2015, 09:34 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for NET after completing BCA and MA in English?

Yes you are eligible to appear for the UGC NET examination which is the entry in to the PHD course and this can be done actually after the PG pass or in finale year of PG also can appear for the NET examination.

There are some particular eligibility criteria which needs to be followed in order to appear for the NET examination and some of the them are.
  1. Candidates should have scored at least 55% of the marks in the Post graduation.Should have to possess PG or finale year graduates are also eligible
  2. Should not exceed 28 years of age limit.Age relaxations are subject to change according to the government requirements
  3. Candidates are required to appear for the subjects in the post graduates which are mentioned in the below official attached list of subjects other wise can appear in a related subject.

For complete list of set of subjects which are available under the NET examination are mentioned below.
http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/NETSubjectList.htm
26th December 2015, 10:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination after pursuing master's degree. NET stands for National Eligibility Test and the entrance examination is conducted by UGC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed master's degree from recognised university.

* Candidate's must have minimum 55% aggregate in master's degree.

* Candidate age must be between 19-28 years for JRF.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in month of June and December every year.

For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
26th December 2015, 10:33 PM
acha553

Yes one is eligible for NET after completing BCA and MA in English. The eligibility criteria given in the website clearly states that all courses under Humanities, including all languages, are valid to be qualified for NET. The list of all the acceptable subjects and universities are detailed in the information bulletin given in the home page of "net" website.
26th December 2015, 11:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NET examination is conducted by UGC twice in a year in month of June and December.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as JRF or Lecturer. The minimum required eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed master's degree with at least 55% aggregate.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. There is relaxation in aggregate for reserved category candidates.

For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
27th December 2015, 06:42 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for National Eligibility Test

1. Post Graduation from a recognized university. Final year candidates of post graduation can also apply.

2. You must have 55% marks in master's degree if you belong to open category or 50% marks in case of OBC candidate.

Since you have 79% marks in Master of Arts in English, you can apply for exam. Next exam will be conducted in June.
27th December 2015, 10:18 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can appear in NET exam ( National Eligibility Test) as you have completed your Masters.

Hence, practice previous year question papers and join good coaching institute if possible.
Otherwise you can prepare yourself on your own.
27th December 2015, 11:42 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.If you want to become a teacher you are suggested to pursued B.ed .After that you have to apply for teacher job.

There are some universities from where you may pursue B.ed.

IGNOU

Annamalai University

Delhi University

Symbiosis University

Punjab University

Eligibility Criteria:- You must have completed graduation in related stream.Some universities require experience in teaching.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?