30th January 2012, 01:21 PM
agnank

Am i eligible for NET in Economics after doing M.Com with specialization in business administration with 60% marks?

I have done M.com with specialization in Business administration with 60% marks. Am i eligible for NET in Economics.

31st January 2012, 07:39 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for NET in Economics after doing M.Com with specialization in business administration with 60% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnank View Post
I have done M.com with specialization in Business administration with 60% marks. Am i eligible for NET in Economics.
Yes, You are eligible for NET Examination After completing your M.Com Post graduate degree course. This examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December Every year

To apply for NET Examination, you have to complete your Post graduate degree course from a recognized University with minimum 55% Marks, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

This examination is Conducted to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

The Notification of this year June NET Examination will be Published on April 2012, Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online by visit the official website. The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees of NET through challan form in SBI Bank, the Challan form is availiable in the official website.

There are 3 Papers in NET Examination and all are conducted in same day in 2 session, The first 2 papers is Objective and it is conducted in 1st session, The last paper is Descriptive. You have to choose the Subjects in NET on the Basis of Post graduation.

Age Eligibility :
------------

:: For Lectureship Post : You have to attained the age of 19 years and there is no upper age restriction.

:: For JRF Post : Your age should between 19 to 28 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, After completing M.com degree course you are eligible for NET Examination and you have to choose the subjects on the basis of your Post graduation only, The list of Subjects is Availiable in the official website, After completing M.Com, you can choose any one of the subjects :

>> Commerce
>> Economics
>> Management

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for NET Examination and if you need more information then check official website :

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
30th April 2012, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am i eligible for NET in Economics after doing M.Com with specialization in business administration with 60% marks?

I have done my graduation in B.A.(H)Economics and currently pursuing M.A. in Extension and Development Studies. Am I eligible to take the UGC Net exam in Economics?
25th March 2013, 12:58 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

Undoubtedly, you are eligible for NET examination.

NET examination is conducted twice every year in the months of June and December by UGC(University Grants Commission).

NET examination is conducted for these two posts:-

* JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

* Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any discipline with 55% marks from any UGC accredited university.

* Final year contenders are eligible for this examination.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contenders.

* Age limit:- 20-28 yrs for JRF; no age limit for Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

NET examination pattern:-

31st March 2013, 05:34 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of NET is National Eligibility Test.

Exactly, you are preferable for National Eligibility Test according to your educational qualification.

NET exam is organized for Lectureship and JRF positions.

The educational qualifications regarding with NET exam are below mentioned:-

* Opponents must have finished master degree with 55% marks in any curriculum from any approved institution.

* Opponents must be an Indian.

* 5% marks relaxation is assumed for SC/ST opponents.

* The age criteria must be lie in between 20-27 years(JRF).

* Age criteria is not required for Lectureship.

Thanks.
31st March 2013, 07:39 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for NET in Economics after doing M.Com with specialization in business administration with 60% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnank View Post

Dear Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test Conducted by UGC

yes , you are eligible for National Eligibility Test exam........

NET Conducted for Two Post:

Junior Research Fellowship
Lectureship

A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline with 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for applying this Examination.....

50% marks for SC/ST candidate.....

Final years students also eligible for this exam....

No any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post...

But

Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.....

Exam Pattern:

You can Get More Information from Here : Click Here

All the best.
24th May 2014, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my post graduation from journalism. am i eligibile for NET choosing subject the political science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?