6th March 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MBA in finance? What are the subjects for the exam?

I have completed my M.B.A.(finance) and want to become a professor and for this priority is to clear the Net exam .I want to know that am I eligible for the net exam and what are the subjects in the exam. I have seen the subjects on the site but all the subjects are differ that I have studied as a commerce student.

Related Questions:
11th May 2011, 12:22 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MBA in finance? What are the subjects for the exam?

Yes your definitely eligible for the UGC NET under Junior Research Fellowship exam since you have completed your M.B.A In finance stream.According to the UGC NET the minimum eligibility is candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree can apply for the Junior Research fellowship.

I hope you have not seen the subjects list clearly.In the list of subjects mentioned by the UGC NET Commerce has got the subject code as 08.So,please go through the notification and other details again in the following website

Notification-Click here
11th May 2011, 12:52 PM
NAVEEN470
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MBA in finance? What are the subjects for the exam?

am applying IES exam but hall ticket can't be received.......how to am get hall tickets...........
11th May 2011, 01:29 PM
NAVEEN470
Banned

i want details about how to get good score in IES............
11th May 2011, 09:55 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MBA in finance? What are the subjects for the exam?

hi
ya you are eligibal for NET exam
12th May 2011, 03:55 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for the exam.The eligibility is Master's degree with minimum 55% marks and there is no upper age limit.
28th May 2011, 08:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MBA in finance? What are the subjects for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my M.B.A.(finance) and want to become a professor and for this priority is to clear the Net exam .I want to know that am I eligible for the net exam and what are the subjects in the exam. I have seen the subjects on the site but all the subjects are differ that I have studied as a commerce student.
Hey friend,

NET - National Eligibility Test

Important Dates:

Date of UGC NET examination: 26th June 2011

Date of UGC NET Notification : 30.03.2011

i) Last date for Applying On-Line 25th April 2011

ii) Last date for receiving the documents at the test center: 2-5-2011

The list of NET subjects along with their respective codes are as given below:

01 Economics
02 Political Science
03 Philosophy
04 Psychology
05 Sociology
06 History
07 Anthropology
08 Commerce
09 Education
10 Social Work
11 Defence and Strategic Studies
12 Home Science
14 Public Administration
15 Population Studies
16 Music
17 Management
18 Maithili
19 Bengali
20 Hindi
21 Kannada
22 Malayalam
23 Oriya
24 Punjabi
25 Sanskrit
26 Tamil
27 Telugu
28 Urdu
29 Arabic
30 English
31 Linguistics
32 Chinese
33 Dogri
34 Nepali
35 Manipuri
36 Assamese
37 Gujarati
38 Marathi
39 French
40 Spanish
41 Russian
42 Persian
43 Rajasthani
44 German
45 Japanese
46 Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.
47 Physical Education
49 Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
50 Indian Culture
55 Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
58 Law
59 Library and Information Science
60 Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
62 Comparative Study of Religions
63 Mass Communication and Journalism
65 Performing Arts – Dance/Drama/Theatre
66 Museology & Conservation
67 Archaeology
68 Criminology
70 Tribal and Regional Language/Literature
71 Folk Literature
72 Comparative Literature
73 Sanskrit Traditional Subjects
74 Women Studies
79 Visual Arts (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture/ Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)
80 Geography
81 Social Medicine & Community Health
82 Forensic Science
83 Pali
84 Kashmiri
85 Konkani
87 Computer Science and Applications
88 Electronic Science
89 Environmental Sciences
90 International and Area Studies
91 Prakrit
92 Human Rights and Duties
93 Tourism Administration and Management.

Thank you.
15th July 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

i have done post graduate diploma in fashion designing from pearl academy of fashion delhi after doing b.com,Am I eligible for NET exam?
17th August 2011, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have done mba finance.so i wanna do ph.d on finance or accounts.plz tel me net exam for finance subject.
24th August 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.B.A (Finance) and B.Sc (MATHS) . I want to know m i Elegible for NET entrance Dec. exam 2011? what is the date for applying?
9th December 2011, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MBA with major as marketing and minor retail,am i eligible to sit for net?and if i am eligible wat will be my subjects
16th December 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done PGDBM in Finance and Marketing.After a career of say 4-5 yrs in MNCs I want to switch to teaching profession.Can NET help me in achieving this profession.
15th August 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

AFTER MANGEMENT IN HR CAN I APPEAR IN NET IN HINDI
17th August 2012, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done mca from sikkim manipal university.am i eligible for net exam?reply me soon
9th January 2013, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA in operations and systems for MBA and prior to that have done B.Tech in Applied electronics and instrumentation. Which subject should I choose for the NET exam?
5th March 2013, 12:12 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes your eligible to apply for NET Examination after completing MBA course . I provide you the details regarding NET Examination .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this Examination is organized by the UGC University Grands Commission . This Examination is held twice in a year . The Candidate who aspiring to apply for P.hd course are Lecturer job then the candidate should qualified in NET Examination

The Important Notification for this Examination are published in Employment news papers and official website of UGC ( University Grants Commission ) . The Important Notification are published during the Month of March and September . This Examination is held during the month of June . You can also check the Notification in employment new paper . The June Examination result will be announced during the month of October and December Examination result will be Announced in April .

To apply for this Examination you should complete Master degree in any discipline from recognized university . You should score minimum 50% percentage of marks in Master degree . Any stream candidates are eligible to apply for this Examination (ie :- Commerce / Science / Arts ) .

There is no age limit to apply for Lectureship . But to apply for Junior fellowship you age should be not more then 28 years and relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

If you want to crack the Examination please go through the previous question and paper and You should also refer the various books available in Market .

You may also apply for this Coaching classes like, CRB Excelsior , Science Point , Elite Academy , Topper IAS etc. This Coaching Institutes may help you to crack the NET Examination with good percentage of marks .

The Score card of NET Examination may valid for one year . So, you may apply for P.hd course within a year .

So, After completing MBA course definitely you eligible to apply for this Examination .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?