15th February 2013, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam after finishing UG

i finished my ug:B.ca(cs),pg:M.sc(IT) in distance mode.am i elegible for NET exam.my age is 28.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for TNPSC group exam after finishing degree through correspondence?
  2. Am I eligible to write NET exam after finishing B.A, B.Ed?
  3. Am I eligible for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry course through correspondence?
  4. Am I eligible for NET after finishing PG in education with 54.75%
  5. Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry in correspondence mode?
  6. Is B.Sc. Final year student eligible for NET coaching? I am planning to to M.Sc. next year.
  7. What one can do after finishing civil engineering? Am I eligible to do M.Arch?
  8. For which courses am I eligible after finishing graduation in BSc Biotechnology? Am I eligible for MSc Food Technology or MSc Chemistry
  9. Am I eligible for ME degree after finishing MCA degree from Anna University? what is it's FEE Structure?
  10. Am I eligible for IAS exam after finishing MSc maths integrated course in deemed university -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force after finishing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to do B.E mechanical after finishing diploma in mechanical?
  13. After finishing UG which type of MBA can I do? Top colleges for MBA and syllabus for entrance exam? How much to earn after finishing PG?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?
  15. Am I eligible for CSIR NET exam after finishing UG distance mode and PG from regular mode
  16. How to become a scientist after finishing 2nd PU entrance exam?
  17. How to apply for NET/SET exam after finishing BSc(Physics), MHRM, MLM, MBA, MBA, PGDPMIR
  18. Is a CA student eligible to appear for NET exam after scoring 50.75%
25th February 2013, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after finishing UG

I HAVE FINISHED MY UG-BTECH., IT. I BELONG TO SC COMMUNITY. AM I ELIGIBLE TO WRITE NET EXAM? THIS YEAR I'LL START MY PG.
26th February 2013, 04:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After finishing UG(Under Graduation) you are not eligible for NET as the minimum educational qualification for NET is Post Graduation(PG).

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST Candidate). There is no upper age restriction for those applying for Lectureship but the candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
26th February 2013, 05:36 PM
sushildhaker

No, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam since master degree holders are eligible for UGC NET exam.You must have master degree with min 55 % .Here are some fields where you may have master degree-

1 Engineering-M.tech

2 Science-physics,chemistry,maths,biology,botany ,agriculture-MSc

3 Management-MBA

4 Arts-MA

5 Commerce-M.com

6 Computer application-MCA.

With UGC NET score candidates will be eligible to teach in any institutes in respective fields with specified salary by UGC.
26th February 2013, 06:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Undergraduates are not eligible for UGC NET. So study further if you want to apply for it.

Only Post Graduates can apply for UGC NET examination.

NET is National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for Lecturership and Junior Research Fellowships.

Those who are Post Graduates in any stream with 55% marks from a recognised University can apply for it and if they qualify then they will be eligible for above benefits.

Age Limit for NET:

For Lecturership - No age limit

For JRF - below 28 years

You have to give paper in your subject or stream. For qualifying you have to come inside top 15% of the candidates then only you will be declared NET qualified.

After getting the scorecard you will be eligible for Lecturer posts in Government colleges.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
26th February 2013, 06:59 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted two times every year bu University Grant Commission(UGC) for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

Only Post Graduate Candidate is eligible to apply for NET.

The eligible candidate wishing to apply for NET must be an Indian national having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship.

Hence after finishing UG(Under Graduation) one is not eligible for NET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
26th February 2013, 07:26 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i finished my ug:B.ca(cs),pg:M.sc(IT) in distance mode.am i elegible for NET exam.my age is 28.
NET Stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is conducted by University Grants Commission twice in a year . In month of June and December every year . To apply for this examination , you must have a completed post graduate degree if you are completed post graduate then you are eligible to apply for this examination .

But after completing under graduate degree you are not eligible to apply for the NET Examination . So first complete you are graduate degree then apply for the NET Examination .

Eligibility Criteria ::

-One must has completed post graduate degree with any discipline from a recognized University .

-One must secure at least 55% aggregate marks in their examination .

-One must secure at least 50% aggregate marks for reserved categories .

-Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to
apply for this examination .

-The candidate must have a minimum age is 19 years and maximum 28 years .

-Upper age limits is applicable for Junior Research Fellowship examination .

-There is no upper age limits for Lectureship examination .

Books for UGC Examination ::

-->> ENGLISH FOR UGC-NET/SLET
Author: Tandon
Publisher: Atantic
Rs. 550

-->> History For Ugc-Net/Slet And Other Examination For Essay Type Analytical/Evaluative
Author: Ed
Publisher: Atlantic Books
Rs. 1250

-->> Plitical Science For Ugc-Net/Slet And Other Competitive Examinations
Author: SLET, Other Competitive Examinations: For Essay Type Analytical Evaluative Definitional
Publisher: Atlantic Books
Rs. 1195
26th February 2013, 09:03 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you are eligible to apply for the UGC NET exams.
This exam is conducted in the month of June and December each year

Minimum educational qualifications required to apply for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks for the General and OBC candidates and minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Since you have done your post Graduation in IT, you can appear in the subject Computer Applications

NET exams ahas three papers.
All these papers are in objective mode.
There is no negative markings for wrong answers
26th February 2013, 11:36 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

As you have completed graduation and also Post graduation in Information Technology , you are definitely eligible for the NET Exam.

The University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts the NET Exam every year twice in June and December.

The Acronym "NET" stands for National Eligibility Test. This Test is conducted for the following posts :

a) JRF [Junior Research Fellowship]

b) Lecture Ship

The Basic Qualifications Required for NET Exam are :

* You must have completed post graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

* If you want to apply for the post of JRF , then your age should lie in between 21-28 years.

* But if you want to apply for the post of Lecture ship , then there is no age limit for this post.

* Only Indian Candidates can apply for the NET Exam.

* You must have completed post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

* A Relaxation of 5% marks is given to those who belong to Reserved Category.

* You can also apply if you are in final year of post graduation.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
27th February 2013, 10:04 AM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after finishing UG

Quote:

hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted by UGC......

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1..Junior Research Fellowship
2..Lectureship

~~~+~> A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline are eligible for applying this Examination.....

~~~+~> There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Podt age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

~~~+~> Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.....

List of top books

All the best.......
27th February 2013, 12:21 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

NET examination is conducted by twice every year in the months of June and December by UGC(University Grants Commission).

NET examination is conducted for the two posts:-

* Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

* Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any discipline with 55% marks from UGC recognised university.

* 50% marks required in post-graduation for SC/ST contendors.

* Final year contendors of post-graduation are also eligible for NET examination.

* Age limit:- For JRF, 21-28 yrs.
For Lectureship, there is no age limit.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
27th February 2013, 12:32 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam conduct by University Grant Commission once in a year.

This exam conduct for only Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

ELIGIBILITY:

You should complete the Post Graduation from any recognized University.

There is candidate required minimum 55% of marks in Post Graduation for General Candidates.

5% of marks relaxation for the SC/ST.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

The candidate age limit is not required for the Lectureship.

But the JRF candidates age limit should 19 to 28 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable.

5 years for the SC/ST Candidates.

Selection Process:

Written Test

interview

referred Site:

www.ugc.ac.in

All the best.
27th February 2013, 02:50 PM

hello friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam .
27th February 2013, 02:52 PM

hi mann,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam .

Age Criteria for NET Exam:-

For JRF Post :- Your age should be in below 28 years old.

5 years of relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH categories candidates .

For Lectureship Post :- There is no age criteria .

Now NET papers are fully objective type with no negative marking .But there is sectional and overall cut off so please prepare all 3 papers equally.

thank u,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?