31st August 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam after obtaining 75% marks in B.A Maths and 50% marks in PG Maths

If I have obtained 75%marks in B.A maths and 50% marks in PG maths ,am I eligible for net exam

2nd September 2012, 03:13 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after obtaining 75% marks in B.A Maths and 50% marks in PG Maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I have obtained 75%marks in B.A maths and 50% marks in PG maths ,am I eligible for net exam
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and as per its guidelines, no matter how much obtained in your bachelors degree examination, you have got to qualify your master degree examination with a minimum of 55% marks provided you belong to General or OBC Category. Since you have scored 50% marks in your post graduate program, you will be considered eligible to take the National Eligibility Test only if you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.

If you find yourself eligible as per the aforementioned criteria, you will have to take the National Eligibility Test in Mathematics, since you have pursued your masters degree program in Mathematics. The National Eligibility Test for Mathematical Sciences is conducted jointly by University Grant Commission and Council of Scientific & Industrial Research.

In order to check out the syllabus of the test for Mathematical Sciences, Click Here.
31st May 2013, 12:04 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after obtaining 75% marks in B.A Maths and 50% marks in PG Maths

Master’s degree in any stream is the qualification required for NET. The qualification must be obtained with a minimum of 55% marks. SC/ST candidates need to have a minimum of 50% marks. You can apply if you belong to such a category. The test is conducted by UGC in the months of June and December.
31st May 2013, 11:55 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

NET exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) Twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate who wants to apply this exam should be complete Post-graduation with atleast 55% of marks from a recognised university.

5% of relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates.

Applicant should be a citizen of India.

Final year appearing students are also eligible.

Age criteria:-

For JRF(Junior Research Fellowship):-

Maximum age limit is 28 years and no minimum age limit.

3 years relaxation for OBC category candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST category candidates.

There are no age limits for Lectureship.

Exam pattern:-

More information please CLICK HERE
All the best.
1st June 2013, 03:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission .

Those Candidates have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.50% marks is required in case of SC / ST / PWD category candidates

Quote:
Your masters degree marks is below 55% so you are not applicable for NET exam .If you are from SC/ST category then you are applicable for NET Exam .
Final year of Masters degree candidate can apply here .Graduation degree marks is not require for NET Exam.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years .Age relaxation upto 5 years provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Lectureship , there are no age limit.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?