10th December 2011, 07:51 PM
kartik jesani

Eligibility criteria to give NET and SLET while doing BSc Maths? How many marks should I get?

I am still B.sc-maths student i want to give NET and also Slet.i want to know elligibity,also in last degree ,how many mark should i get???pls replay any one???
i am from gujarat

12th December 2011, 08:49 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to give NET and SLET while doing BSc Maths? How many marks should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik jesani View Post
I am still B.sc-maths student i want to give NET and also Slet.i want to know elligibity,also in last degree ,how many mark should i get???pls replay any one???
i am from gujarat
To be eligible for the NET or SLET, you should have completed masters degree program in any discipline.
If you score a minimum of 55% marks in the examination of your masters degree program, you will be considered eligible for the test.
Qualifying NET will enable you to get appointed as lecturer anywhere in India whereas, qualifying SLET will make you eligible for the post of lecturer in the particular state.
Since you are still pursuing your graduation, you must concentrate on it first and once you qualify it, your next objective should be to complete your masters degree program. After completion of your masters degree program, you can start preparing for the test. There is no age limit to apply for NET or SLET.
12th December 2011, 09:51 PM
bhavana_bunty

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to give NET and SLET while doing BSc Maths? How many marks should I get?

Hello friend,
The basic eligibility for appearing in NET or SLET exam is a Master degree or equivalent in related subjects. The candidate must have a minimum of 55% (54.99% is not eligible) in this. The candidates appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible. For appearing students they must produce their degree certificate within one year from the date of this test, otherwise they will be disqualified. Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates are admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the award of JRF / Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed the Master's Degree Examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in the case of SC/ST candidates). These candidates must submit their relevant PG Degree within 2 years of the declaration of the NET examination.

Other Eligibility Conditions

i) Age Limit

No age limit to apply for the test.

ii) For SLET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), accredited by the UGC for Lectureship are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.

As you are doing your B.SC, first you have to complete it and after that go for the masters.Then start preparing for the test.....

Hope it will help you.....
12th December 2011, 09:56 PM
sandeep cullen

The basic eligibility for appearing in UGC-NET exam is a Master degree or equivalent in related subjects. The candidate must have a minimum of 55% (54.99% is not eligible) in this. The candidates appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible. For appearing students they must produce their degree certificate within one year from the date of this test, otherwise they will be disqualified. The candidates who have pursued the degree as specified by UGC only are eligible for the exam. The candidate can appear for the related subject as studied in graduation. If the subjects are not covered as per UGC specification they can appear for their related subjects. The candidates qualifying the exam will be called for document verification at final stage.

The candidates who have qualified the SET exam are also eligible to appear for this. The SET qualified candidates are eligible for post of lecturer only to the specific state from where they are qualified.

Qualifying examinations for UGC-NET

The candidates those who have completed their post graduation in related subjects can appear for the exam. Those who have acquired post graduation from any recognized university are eligible for applying UGC-NET exam.

Age Qualification for UGC-NET

The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.
15th December 2011, 10:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik jesani View Post
i am from gujarat
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for NET exam because you are now completed B.Sc degree.After completion of Master degree you are eligible for NET exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NET EXAM

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

UGC NET consists of three papers

1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper.

EXAM SCHEDULE:-

The NET exam date is18-12-2011 But still UGC have not published application brochure .

The application details will be published in 26th September,2011.So you have to prepare well for NET exam.

There are one declaration is announced UGC . No negative Marking in Paper-I and Paper -II exam.

Online form will available after 20 th September.

Date of Close of Online Submission: 25 Th October 2011

Application fees for General-450
OBC-250
SC/ST-150
19th January 2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

in which site the date of net and set exam of mathematics are available ?
19th January 2012, 05:23 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To give NET exam you have to meet some requirements first..

Eligibility for NET exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the post graduation in any trade.

2.candidate must have secure 55% aggregate through out the career.

3.For JRF- Age should not be more than 28 years.For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years.
For Lectureship- No upper age limit.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, you need to complete your post graduation first.
After which you can apply for NET exam.

All the best.
15th March 2012, 01:14 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

if you appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible. For appearing students they must produce their degree certificate within one year from the date of this test, otherwise they will be disqualified. Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is awaited ( candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates are admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the award of JRF
28th May 2013, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibity criteria for sc in slet exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?