26th September 2012, 04:01 PM
Poonam veer

Am I eligible for NET exam after scoring 51% in PG in Sociology

Respected sir/mam, I got 51% in my post graduation in sociology..... pls suggest me am i eligible for NET EXAM.... Any other way or exam through which i can b a lecturer...... Need ur kind co-operation...... Thank u

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NET after doing PG in Sociology with 54.5%?
  2. Am I eligible for NET Sociology/Education after completing UG Physiotherapy and PG in MSc in medical sociology?
  3. Am I eligible for CGPT and NET with Sociology having secured 54.88% in MA?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for sociology subject? I hold a master degree in Sociology and MSW
  5. Is a CA student eligible to appear for NET exam after scoring 50.75%
  6. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
  7. Am i eligible for correspondence or regular B.Ed course after scoring 42% in graduation
  8. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Introduction to Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET Exam after scoring MA in Economics with 55% in Distance Learning?
  10. Tips to prepare for NET Exam in Sociology?
  11. Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University M.Sc in Medical Sociology-Principles of Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Kuvempu University B.A Sociology 1st Year Paper-I General Sociology exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Is there separate exam of NET and JRF conducted by UGC for Sociology subject? -- [New]
  14. Solved Question Papers of NET Exam in Sociology?
  15. Answer Key for NET Exam in Sociology for Paper I, II and III? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to apply for NET exam? I am a post graduation in Sociology
  17. University of Kashmir-Faculty of Social Sciences Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
27th September 2012, 09:56 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after scoring 51% in PG in Sociology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonam veer View Post
Respected sir/mam, I got 51% in my post graduation in sociology..... pls suggest me am i eligible for NET EXAM.... Any other way or exam through which i can b a lecturer...... Need ur kind co-operation...... Thank u
No if you have scored less than 55% marks in your Post graduation then you are not eligible to apply for NET Examination, It is clearly mentioned in the official website that once have to scored minimum 55% marks in Post graduation to apply for National Eligibility test.

This examination is conducted by UGC, two times in a year and the examination is conducted for certified candidates for the post of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

The examination is conducted in June and December Every year.

There is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship post and after cracking this examination candidates can join any university for Lectureship post.

If you have not scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation then you can not apply for this examination. If you want more details about this examination then please visit the official website:

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
27th September 2012, 10:14 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend,
Sorry to say but you are not eligible for NET exam since you have scored less marks as the minimum criteria is 55% to be eligible for NET exam .

But i would suggest you another exam which you can appear is CTET exam , conducted by CBSE board for the post of teacher for class 1 -8 .You can try for CTET exam mext year as the date filling form for test has been over now . so friend try next year .

here is the link for you www.ctet.nic.in/

All the Best ..
27th September 2012, 10:16 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend,
Sorry to say but you are not eligible for NET exam since you have scored less marks as the minimum criteria is 55% to be eligible for NET exam .

But i would suggest you another exam which you can appear is CTET exam , conducted by CBSE board for the post of teacher for class 1 -8 .You can try for CTET exam mext year as the date filling form for test has been over now . so friend try next year .

here is the link for you www.ctet.nic.in/

All the Best ..
27th September 2012, 10:21 PM
Nojrul1

Quote:
you can not say that you are a general catagory or not. For Net exam the student must be passed post graduate with 55% marks , and for sc, st, obc student 50% marks. If you are general candidate then you go to readmission in post graduate programme and got 55% marks and then you eligible for NET.
27th September 2012, 10:29 PM
vetdoc.01

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after scoring 51% in PG in Sociology

Quote:
no not at all! for appearing at the NET(National Eligibility Test) you need to secure atlest 55% in your post graduation.
for more details about the exam go through the official website:
http://ugcnetonline.in
27th September 2012, 10:52 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

You are not eligible for the NET exam.
You have must score more than 55% of marks.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam being conducted by Union Grant Commission.

The exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should be citizen of india.

You should have complete the post graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate must have score minimum of 55% marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.

The candidate required no upper age limit for the candidate lectureship.

But JRF candidates you should be in the age group of 19 to 28 years.

REFERRED WEBSITE:

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

all the best.
27th September 2012, 11:15 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST, conducted by UGC twice every year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation in any stream with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

As you have secured 51% marks in PG Sociology and not in the category of SC/ST, you will not be eligible to apply for NET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugcnetonline.in
27th September 2012, 11:59 PM
Astha sinhaa

Hello friend,

Sorry to say that,you have scored 51% marks,So you are not eligible for NET examination.The minimum Percentage required for this exam is at least 55% (5% relaxatation for reserve category) and have a completed Master degree from recognised university.
Final year of master degree may also eligible to apply for this examination.
There is no age limit.
UGC conducts the NET exam twice in a year, once in the month of june and second time in the month of December.
For more information visit www.ugc.ac.in and www.ugcnetonline.in

Thanks!!!
28th September 2012, 04:30 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Minimum Percentage of marks that you must have in your post graduation in order to set yourself eligible for NET Exam is 55% from any recognized college/university.

But unfortunately , you have just 51% in your PG.

So , Sorry to say but you are not eligible for NET Exam as per your educational qualifications.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?