21st October 2017, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam if I have scored 60 percent marks in 4th semester?

Am I eligible for NET exam if I have scored 60 percent marks in 4th semester? What are the minimum criteria required? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this, waiting to get the response on the same. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What to do if scored even after reappearing in the exams?
  2. Am I eligible for job walkins having less than 60% in Engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 65% marks upto 4th semester in B.Tech?
  4. Am I eligible for campus placement in top MNC companies if I have 58 percent marks in 12th and above 60 percent throughout studies?
  5. University of Pune-BBA 4th Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Am I eligible to appear for UGC NET exam if my M.Com semester 2 results are not declared?
  7. Internship at ISRO being in 2nd year CSE?
  8. Am I eligible to get a good job in MNCs if I have scored 47 percent in 10th, 42 percent in 12th and 64 percent in BCA?
  9. Punjab Technical University BBA 4th Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Am I eligible for 5th semester if get 6 KT in 3rd and 4th semesters?
  11. Can I go to 5th semester after having 3 backlogs in 3rd semester and not attending practicals in 4th semester? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible to get a job in Infosys after completing BCA with good marks?
  13. Am I eligible for campus placement in top MNCs if scored 59.8 percent in B.Tech?
  14. Whether am I eligible to pursue 5th semester if there are backlogs in 3rd and 4th semesters of Diploma?
  15. Eligibility for PhD having 2 arrears in MBA 4th semester?
  16. Admission eligibility in Masters in Business economics? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Anna University Aeronautical Engineering 4th Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Am I eligible to apply in MHRD Renewal Scholarship if got readmission in B.Tech 4th semester?
24th October 2017, 10:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I have scored 60 percent marks in 4th semester?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and same examination is held by CBSE on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of Assistant Professors and JRFs ( Junior Research Fellowship ) in various universities approved by UGC.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NET is a Master's degree with at least 55% marks ( or 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) from a recognized university. Further the subject of your Master's degree must be one of the subjects out of the list of subjects mentioned on the official link of NET.

Now as you have mentioned that your have completed your fourth semester with 60% marks without mentioning your overall aggregate or the degree which you are pursuing so it is difficult to exactly say anything about your eligibility. But one thing I would like to make clear is that for appearing in NET your overall aggregate in your Master's degree matters not only the aggregate managed in final semester/year.

For more details regarding NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in .
25th October 2017, 09:56 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I have scored 60 percent marks in 4th semester?

NET exam eligibility criteria
>> candidate must have secured 55% for general category to be eligible for NET exam.
>> Age of the candidate must be more than 18 years but not more than 28 years for JRF
>> Make sure that you do not have any backlog in any semester.

Upcoming NET exam is scheduled to be on 5 November 2017 and admit card can be downloaded by last week of October.
For more details you can mail your query at [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?