1st June 2012, 12:46 AM
ashishrocky

Am I eligible for state public service exam or UPSC?

i did my graduation from tnou with bpp rite now i am doing MA from smude ,,m i eligible for state public service exam or upsc?

7th June 2012, 06:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for state public service exam or UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrocky View Post
i did my graduation from tnou with bpp rite now i am doing MA from smude ,,m i eligible for state public service exam or upsc?
Yes, After graduation you are eligible for UPSC as well as State Service Public Commission examination. After graduation you can apply for UPSC Civil services examination or UPSC Defence examination. The notification will be declared every year.

The notification of UPSC Civil services examination will be published in February every year. To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

You can also apply for CDS Examination after graduation if you wants to Join Indian Army. To apply for CDS Examination your age should between 19 to 25 years. The Notification declared twice in a year.

So, Please apply for UPSC Examination as per your Eligibility, After graduation you are also apply for State Public Service Commission. So please check the official website of UPSC to get updated regarding latest Notification.
7th June 2012, 06:58 PM
kinnarnara

hi,
You are eligible for the both exam after gradution.
ELIGBLITY
You have passed gradution from a recognized board.
>age limit is 21 to 30 years.
You can apply many other exam also after a bechlor degree.
Good luck
7th June 2012, 07:37 PM
lakshmi dhana

Yaah, After your graduation ,you are eligible for UPSC as well as State Service Public Commission examination. After graduation you can apply for UPSC Civil services examination or UPSC Defence examination. The notification will be declared everyyear.
The notification of UPSC Civil services examination will be published in February every year. To apply for this examination youhave to complete your Graduate degree course and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
You can also apply for CDS Examination after graduation if you wants to Join Indian Army. To apply for CDS Examination your age should between 19 to 25 years. The Notification declared twice in a year.
So, Please apply for UPSC Examination as per your Eligibility, After graduation you are also apply for State Public Service Commission. So please check the official website of UPSC-www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2012, 08:14 PM
mnbgvs

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for state public service exam or UPSC?

Quote:

dear friend,
Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.One must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

2.One should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.One have to write the exam in the syllabus of your related degree

4.One can appear in IES exam during the final year of graduation.

Age eligibility:-

1.The age should be in between 21-30 years.

For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

So, after completion of MS/M.tech course you can go for IES exam, but your age should not be exceeded the age limit..

So, go for it..

All the best.

7th June 2012, 09:21 PM
hemant.pm2212

Quote:
Friend, eligiblity for UPSC civil service is bachelor degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification as approved by AIU (association of Indian university)/AICTE. In addition to it your age should between 21 to 30 years. upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

From your question, i understand that you main concern is about your distance course. Foe this exam, only UGC recognised degree is needed, full time or part time doesn't matter. So, go ahead and start preparing with confidence. If you have any further doubts we are here to tell you.
Best of luck.
7th June 2012, 10:59 PM
singh1947

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

Yes, You are eligible to apply for State Public Service Commission as well as Union Public Service Commission.

Minimum Qualification:

A Graduate Degree in any Discipline from a recognized university.

Age Limit:

Minimum 21 year and Maximum 30 year.
(relaxation is available in upper age limit for reserved category)
For SC/ST:- 5 year
For OBC:- 3 year
For PH:- 10 year

For latest update of UPSC examination, you may visit the website of UPSC.

www.upsc.gov.in

with all good wishes...............
7th June 2012, 11:05 PM
babusingh rajpurohit
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for state public service exam or UPSC?

Yes, After graduation you are eligible for UPSC as well as State Service Public Commission examination. After graduation you can apply for UPSC Civil services examination or UPSC Defence examination. The notification will be declared every year.
8th June 2012, 07:59 PM
ashishrocky

Guys,,thanks a lot for ur valuable reply.,
10th June 2012, 08:52 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

After completing your graduation you are eligible for both the UPSC and state public service exam.

Your age limit should be between 21-30 years.
Upper limit for OBC 3 years
And for SC/ST upper limit is 5 years.

So, keep applying
For more info visite this website:
www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
12th June 2012, 12:11 PM
ashishrocky

one more query from my side,i did my BA with bpp[bachelors preparatory program]after 10th,,m i still eligible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?