11th July 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Required Marks in Biology in 12th Class to be eligible for Biotechnology course?

I have completed my 12th with PCM.how many marks do I require in biology If I want to study biotechnology?

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for admission in genetic engineering after scoring 72% marks in 12th?
  2. CBSE Class 12th Biology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. Required percentage of marks in 12th to join Biotechnology course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Only 12th class marks required for BITSAT or even 11th class marks also?
  5. Life science or Biotechnology courses in Abroad after 12th along with scholarship?
  6. How to do Biotechnology after passing class 12th with PCBE?
  7. EAMCET eligibilty for MBBS if I didn't have biology in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible for lateral entry in MBBS after passing BSc Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? Procedure for it?
  9. How can I study MBBS if completed 12th without Biology? -- [New]
  10. How to do biotechnology after passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology? Is it compulsory to do BSc and MSc? List of some colleges in Pune? What is the qualifying marks for the entrance exam?
  11. What shall I do after completion of 12th Class with Science stream with 84.5% of marks?
  12. How to appear in Orissa JEE for MBBS course?
  13. How to study Biotechnology after passing 12th standard? What is the cutoff marks required?
  14. After 12th how can I do Biotechnology Engineering?
  15. What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for AIIMS? Can I get a seat under NRI quota? I'm doing 11th from Mauritius
  16. Which course is better for me between B.Sc in Biotechnology and B.Tech in Biotechnology? Best colleges offering these courses? Required Marks in 12th class to get Scholarship for these courses?
  17. PCM marks are enough to get admission in B.Tech Biotechnology?
  18. List of the colleges in India offering admission in B.Tech Biotechnology with Maths and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th?
11th July 2012, 04:16 PM
NEETATRIPATHI92

Default Re: Required Marks in Biology in 12th Class to be eligible for Biotechnology course?

Respected sir/mam,
if you are interested in doing biotechnology then with only passing marks in biology or you hve to pass as whole in 12 class. this is the only requirement.

it is a possibility to have less percentage in 12 class in biology you will get not good college

but, dear you never loose hope ,always trust in you,in your power , you will definitely do good ,researches in this field

all the best

thank you
11th July 2012, 04:17 PM
NEETATRIPATHI92

Default Re: Required Marks in Biology in 12th Class to be eligible for Biotechnology course?

Respected sir/mam,
if you are interested in doing biotechnology then with only passing marks in biology or you hve to pass as whole in 12 class. this is the only requirement.

it is a possibility to have less percentage in 12 class in biology you will get not good college

but, dear you never loose hope ,always trust in you,in your power , you will definitely do good ,researches in this field

all the best

thank you
11th July 2012, 07:59 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th with PCM.how many marks do I require in biology If I want to study biotechnology?
Biotechnology

B.tech in Biotechnology is a course which is a 4 year course for graduation.One can get admission in this course in the various institutes of Biotechnology by giving the entrance test.

Entrance test---->>A.I.E.E.E

Eligibility course for B.tech in Biotechnology

~Candidate should have atleast 60% marks in XII class examination.

~Candidates having a minimum of 60% with PCB Or PCM are eligible to apply.

~atleast pass in BIOLOGY but the percentage overall should be more than 60%

~candidates of SC/ST need 50% marks.

~for OBC candidates there is requirement of 60% marks.

Top Biotechnology colleges

--Sathyabama University

--Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (CBIT)

--Acharya Institute of Sciences

--St. Joseph's College of Engineering, Chennai

--Gunamay Majumdar Institute of Science & Technology

--Heritage Institute of Technology

--International Institute of Information Technology(IIIT-P)

--New Horizon Engineering College (NHCE)

--Universal School of Biosciences.

--Thakur College of Science & Commerce

--R.K. Institute Of Management and Computer Science

hope this helped

with regards
roknits
12th July 2012, 04:15 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi!
After passing 12th with physics, chemistry, Maths and Biology you have to score minimum 50% marks in all subject.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the 12th with minimum 60% marks in all subject.

You have two option:-
> B.Sc Biotechnology
> B.Tech Biotechnology

Friend both stream are totally different.

Now you have to decide in which you want to go...

ALL THE BEST!
18th July 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,
I am a student of Bio-Science. I have a combination of subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition & Computer Application.
Am I eligible for doing course on B.SC Biotechnology.
7th March 2015, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,
I am a student of Bio-Science. I have a combination of subjects of Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition & Computer Application.
Am I eligible for doing course on B.SC Biotechnology.
23rd February 2016, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have done my 11th class with Biology, chemistry, physics, English and 2nd language. I have not taken mathematics. Can I still continue aspire to join BTech Biotechnology. Which college will take students with this combination. Please advice.
15th May 2018, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for biotechnology with 50% in biology ? Can you please suggest a college which will provide biotechnology with 50% in biology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?