21st August 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to take next Prelims?

sir as i have born in 26th april 1983 am i get or eligible to take next prilims?

3rd October 2012, 06:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to take next Prelims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir as i have born in 26th april 1983 am i get or eligible to take next prilims?
You want to know more about UPSC Civil services Preliminary examination, to apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a Recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

You must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1983 and not later than 1st August, 1992.

As per the mentioned date of birth you are not eligible to apply for Next year UPSC Civil services examination.

You can only eligible for this year examination and if you have not apply for this year examination, then you are not eligible again in future, If you are general category then you can not apply for this examination .

If you are Belong to Other Reserved category candidate then you are eligible for this examination other wise not, because upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

If you want to get more details about this examination then please visit the official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2012, 10:15 PM
Ravinder.Singh.Jasrotia

Default Re: Am i eligible to take next Prelims?

Friend,

-- Your upper age exceeds the required upper age. So you are not eligible for UPSC examination.

-- Being a General category, you have crossed the upper age limit for examination.

-- But being belong to any reserved category, you have a fair chance to apply for examination.

-- Please note down the number of attempts given to different categories for exam are:
# For General category: Only 4 attempts permissible.
# For OBC category: Only 3 attempts permissible.
# For SC/ST category: No limit. No restriction on number of attempts.

-- Please note down following necessary information regarding examination:

* Graduation in any discipline is required.
* Age limit for General category is 21-30 years
* Age limit for OBC category is 21-33 years
* Age limit for SC/ST category is 21-35 years
* Indian citizenship is must needed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?