10th February 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IPS exam for 2nd year B.Tech (ECE) student?

most respected and humbly i want to say that there are few question in my mind which i'm gonna keep before u,sir :

sir
i'm saurav kr jha; from patna bihar; now pursuing my b.tech degree from : wctm college,gurgaon.
now presently i'm in 2nd yr,4th sem;ece-branch

from my childhood my dream was to bcm an ips officer and do something for this world bec if u look today above y'r head u will feel uncomfortable bec the polltion of corruption and dishonesty has spread more fastly than a dangerous diseases and romour.

sir now i will now not kill y'r important time because now 1 can now much importance of time than a student.

sir please advise me and guide me and give me some important tips to crack the ips exam and make me elligible for this by my hardwork and y'r blessing.

thanks .......hope u w'l peep my problem and guide me.........

y'r loving and sincerely son (student)
sauravjha

13th February 2011, 10:39 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS exam for 2nd year B.Tech (ECE) student?

To become IPS [Indian Police Service] officer, you need to pass common civil service exam conducted yearly by UPSC [Union Public Service Commission]. You need to opt for IPS as your choice. For this you need to be a graduate. So at present concentrate on your studies and once you graduate, start studying for UPSC exam.
13th February 2011, 11:14 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear Saurav,

I can understand your passion and eagerness to become an IPS officer and serve for the nation.

After your graduation,you can apply for the IPS (Indian police Service)exam,conducted by the UPSC every year.

Because the educational qualification to apply for the IPS exam is to have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university of India.

And the age criteria of the exam says that the candidate should be minimum 21 years of age and should not exceed 30 years at the time of applying.

You can find the notification of this exam in the month of December every year in national daily newspapers/Employment magazine/Rozgar samachar etc.

There are two step process of the exam: The Preliminary exam and The Main exam. If you qualify in the preliminary then you can go for the main exam.

After the written tests, you have to crack the interview also.

The written test consists of two sections like: General studies and Optional subjects.

You have to prepare the general study section from the current affairs and recent activities going on around the world by studying several magazines like Competition Success Review or any leading national newspaper.

For the optional subjects preparation, you have to go through the syllabus of the exam very well.
According to that prepare yourself in your particular degree subject.

Here I am providing you a very useful link that will help you a lot to prepare and know details about the exam:

http://www.indiahowto.com/how-to-prepare-for-prliminary-upsc-civil-service-exam.html

Other than this, if there is any query further ,please post here. We will try to help you.

Good luck!!
14th February 2011, 04:08 PM
SupritShestha

hi Saurav Jha,
good that you have such a high attitude and aim in life..wish all the Indians think the same as you do...
For preparing IPS exam you need to be really determined with your goal and always be focussed...you need to start preparing your general knowledge and awareness from now on...also you need to study the history and geography of india in addition with your subject knowledge...try and read competition refresher regular and keep in touch with news and papers...dont loose your focus and am sure you will reach your goal one day...
26th February 2011, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for IAS after completed BTECH IN ECE???
1st March 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

mate don't listen to any one here i'm telling u start preparing now its a golden time.........cuz u will be eligible to appear in prelims in your 1st semester of last year [prelims are held in may-june]......and after that the mains in same year in nov dec prob........and once u get a job with an MNC then it will become too dificult to spare time for ips....so by the time u pass out ur college u will get selected for it.......i did the same and i'm training at the dehradun academy of ips hope to see u there one day...........
1st March 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

its the golden period man start preparing cuz u'll be eligible for it in the first semester of ur last year{prelims are held in may-june }........and then the mains in nov dec same year ............so that by the time u pass out u cud get selected in ips ......bcz once get a job with a company its too difficult to spare time for preparation .............moreover its neva late to prepare ................good luck
26th April 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

can i prepare for IAS? I am persuing B.TECH in ETC(4th sem) in I.G.I.T,SARANG(a state government(ODISHA) runned college affiliated to B.P.U.T)
22nd June 2011, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have a question, in b.tech which branch is aply for IPS ? and which books will be use for preparation of IPS 'if book vaery with branch then give me information about. please give all information for ips.
24th June 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the physical limits for this exam.and give me option about coaching classes i m electronic nd communication engineering student of final year
9th August 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am krishna.i belongs from bihar.i am b.tech sec.year student.branch ECE.sir how to prepare ips exam please suggesion me.thanking you.
4th September 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

one thing u lyk the most about IAS/IPS...?
5th September 2011, 04:14 PM

To become a IPS officer first you should be graduate. then apply for the civil service examination........

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?