15th September 2011, 03:00 AM
studentofmca

AM I eligible for TCS Recruitment having 3 years non continuous gap in my studies?

Hello ,

I want to ask that i have a three year non continous gap in my studies . Am i still eligible for TCS as TCS is visiting our campus this month . Here i describe the details of my academics-

I have passed 10 class in 2001 and secured 65.33%then I appeared in 11 in 2002 and secured 69%then due to sickness i was unable to appear in the examinations and that causes 2 year gap in my study i.e 2002-2003 and 2003-2004.(I dont hv a medical proof of my sickness as i hv miss placed them)then i appeared in 12 in 2004-2005 and secured 64%(still i was not fine)
As i was from science biology stream i hv prepared for medical entrance exam during 2005-2006 and get selected in KBMC , gulberga , Kernataka . But again the sickness causes me to quit as that place was far away from my native place and there was nobody to take care of my health issues.

So i get back to my place and get admitted in Govt engineering college and completed BCA affilated to university of rajasthan during 2006-2009 and secured 75% . Mean while i also secured Ist Position in university in Part-III.

Then i appeared for RMCAAT exam & secured 214 rank in raj at very first attempt and again get admitted in Govt Engineering College for session 2009-2012 and till the date i have secured 83% aggregate and hv secured Ist Position in Rajasthan Technical University in MCA-II sem.
TCS will select top 5 students from our branch for Personal Interview directly & i am one of the students . And i have a three year non continous gap during academics . I want to ask you that am i eligible for TCS or not .

plz plz do reply as i am very frustrated and tensed . thnx in advance for your kind reply.

15th September 2011, 02:03 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Default Re: AM I eligible for TCS Recruitment having 3 years non continuous gap in my studies?

You can apply for tcs because its eligibility criteria is not full fill by you

Eligibility Criteria for TCS selection is :-

1.)need to have consistence 60% from 10th,12th and B.tech..
2.)Should not have more than 2years Education Gap....

TCS recruitment procedure:--
1.)Written Test.
2.)Technical Interview
3.)Hr interview
sorry
15th September 2011, 03:04 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: AM I eligible for TCS Recruitment having 3 years non continuous gap in my studies?

Hello dear

No. you are not eligiable for the TCS Recruitment having 3 years non continuous gap in your studies.

as the Eligibility criteria for TCS software Engineering post is given below

>> Candidates should not be having more than 2 years gap in their career.

>>Academic Performance

60 % in Std X, XII, Graduation and Post Graduation ( Simple average for all the years of Engg.)

>> Candidates should not be having more than 2 years gap in their career.

>>No pending backlog at the time of appearing for the aptitude test.

all the best.........
15th September 2011, 05:27 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Top IT companies like TCS demand an overall carrier percentage of 60
You have that much marks to apply for TCS
But, they generally allow an year gap of 1year or 2 years.
It will create a great deal of problem to appear in the recruitment.
You have to show proper reasons behind your year gap.
Thank you.
16th September 2011, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

TCS is the top most MNC company.So they have a placement criteria.

The criteria is given below:-

1)Candidate must be score at least 60% in through out career.
2)Pending Backlog are not allowed.
3)Maximum 2 year gap are allowed.

The Selection process for TCS:-

1)Aptitude Test.
2)Technical Test
3)Personal Interview.

You have 3 year gap so you are not eligible for TCS .

thanks
17th September 2011, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Thank you all but my application request is approved by TPO , TCS and . I have clearly mentioned my 3 year gap in academics in that registration . They hv called me for interview . Now is it possible that at the time of interview they cancel my request .
18th September 2011, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

not eligible
18th September 2011, 09:26 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

TCS is the largest MNC in our country.Anybody working with this should be proud of it.Its a great opportunity to work with TCS and learn something.generally TCS allow 1 yr or 2 yr gap.But 3 year noncontinuous gap may cerat a problem but you will have to show a proper and strong reason for it.If you can please collect a proof of that like a medical certificate which is showing that you were suffering from some strong disease or something like that.
You must know the selection process.But i'm telling you this again.

1:Aptitude test[cut off is 32-34 out of 35 questions]
2:Interview[HR and TECHNICAL]

So best of luck.
3rd October 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 years gap in education and 1 year gap in experience after completion of B.tech and I have 3 years of experience.AM I eligible for TCS Recruitment.
26th December 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

if i failed continuously 2 years in bachelor degree , is it counted as gap?
19th January 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for tcs recruitment having 1 year back in my engineering life....??
29th February 2012, 11:22 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

The criteria is given below:-

1)Candidate must be score at least 60% in through out career.
2)Pending Backlog are not allowed.
3)Maximum 2 year gap are allowed.
The Selection process for TCS:-
1)Aptitude Test.
2)Technical Test
3)Personal Interview.
good luck
25th September 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I am having 3 years gap between 12th and degree... i have completed MCA.. so do i have chance to get into software field?? which companies are available for me to apply for a job??????? plzz reply
26th September 2012, 01:10 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Normally TCS do not allow more than 2 years continuous gap
But as you have non-continuous study gap
Then you are eligible for tCS

OTHERS CRITERIA ::

>>You must have 60% marks throughout your academic career
>>You should not have any active backlogs

Procedure ::

1.Written aptitude test
2.Interview

All the best............
14th October 2012, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I am A BCA graduate with 72% fromBangalore University.
Due to Financial issues i had done 2 years gap after 12 th and now again after graduation i am taking a year break and then planning for MCA ,will it effect or create any problem in future career ??
13th March 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

i have three years gap between ug &pg. i got an arrears on ug. thatsy i had that gap. on that three years i have a work experience letter(bpo). now i am doing mca, is there any problem to go to tcs or other software companies. in ug only i got 47%. but all other i have scored 60%. i want to know abt clear idea?
14th March 2013, 08:16 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofmca View Post
Hello ,

I want to ask that i have a three year non continous gap in my studies . Am i still eligible for TCS as TCS is visiting our campus this month . Here i describe the details of my academics-

I have passed 10 class in 2001 and secured 65.33%then I appeared in 11 in 2002 and secured 69%then due to sickness i was unable to appear in the examinations and that causes 2 year gap in my study i.e 2002-2003 and 2003-2004.(I dont hv a medical proof of my sickness as i hv miss placed them)then i appeared in 12 in 2004-2005 and secured 64%(still i was not fine)
As i was from science biology stream i hv prepared for medical entrance exam during 2005-2006 and get selected in KBMC , gulberga , Kernataka . But again the sickness causes me to quit as that place was far away from my native place and there was nobody to take care of my health issues.

So i get back to my place and get admitted in Govt engineering college and completed BCA affilated to university of rajasthan during 2006-2009 and secured 75% . Mean while i also secured Ist Position in university in Part-III.

Then i appeared for RMCAAT exam & secured 214 rank in raj at very first attempt and again get admitted in Govt Engineering College for session 2009-2012 and till the date i have secured 83% aggregate and hv secured Ist Position in Rajasthan Technical University in MCA-II sem.
TCS will select top 5 students from our branch for Personal Interview directly & i am one of the students . And i have a three year non continous gap during academics . I want to ask you that am i eligible for TCS or not .

plz plz do reply as i am very frustrated and tensed . thnx in advance for your kind reply.
As per your statement,you have get selected in Personal Interview thus you will be eligible to proceed for further stages.

The Remaining stages which you will have to clear are :-

-->>Telephonic Interview and Questions .
-->>Coding Section based on any one selected Programing Language.
-->>Human Resource Round.
-->>Practical Round based on Networking Lab.
-->>Connectivity Round based on ODBC or PL/SQL.
-->>Project Work Presentation.

Languages which you should have well command on its basics are :-
  • C
  • C++
  • Core and Advanced Java.
  • C Sharp.
Networking Commands in :-
  • Unix/Linux.
  • PL/SQL.
You Must Know to Create these Things for Practical Round :-
  • Telnet and FTP.
  • NFS.
  • Samba Server.
  • DHCP.
  • Routing.
  • Remote Installation.
  • Kickstart.
Project Work important :-
-->>On whatever topic and Language you have made your Project should be known to you.You will have to make understand of each and every line in which you have made coding.
-->>Remember about the basic of Back-end and Front-end which you have used in your Project.

Best of Luck !!!
10th August 2015, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello All,

I have Selected All the Rounds in TCS.I have 3 Years of EXP .My educational Gap is Total 2.8 Years.

My Self Eligible work on TCS?
20th October 2015, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I have one year of education gap as I repeated for Kerala entrance examination. Am I elligible for tcs off campus placement 2016
24th October 2015, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

I m selected in tcs and I have done 10th in 2003 with 71% 12th in 2005 with 59% polytechnic in 2009 with 75% btech in 2012 with 72% n mtech in 2015 with 75%. As I have both 12th n diploma, after this will 59% of 12th can cause a problem???
21st October 2018, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam, I have done 12th with 53.50% and after that I have 1 year gap. After that I have done diploma from first year with 69% agg. and then I have done Degree with 60% agg.
I have applied for TCS OffCampus-drive which will be held in 13-nov-18. So Am I eligible for TCS ? Please reply as soon as possible.
I am looking forward for your reply as soon as possible.
Thank you Sir/Madam.
29th September 2019, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 12th in 2014 and joined in B.tech 2016 .I have educational gaf 2 years due to preparation in entrance . Can I apply for TCS ?
17th September 2020, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.E in 2013. After one year I have joined hcl. Worked for 4.3 years . Then quit job on Dec 2018. Now I got selected in tcs through consultancy.I have 3 years of gap. Am I eligible for tcs payroll? Will they give permanent position?
27th September 2020, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.Tech in 2016. After one year I have joined in MIDHANI for one year. Then prepared for bank exams.I have 3 years gap. Am I eligible for TCS NQT.
4th September 2021, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me I am selected TCS ninja in on compus I have one year extended education my degree and one year for normal ga present I am pursuing student in mca
23rd March 2022, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MBA in 2021, I have 3 years of gap between my MBA and B.com. in all my education got more than 75% to 86%. I have completed my diploma also. Iam trying to apply for TCS, infosys, Accenture, Iam elegible to apply. Plz reply and clear all my doubt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?