6th November 2011, 01:39 PM
vinay7618

Am I eligible for UGC NET after passing MCA?

I am student of MCA(Eng..) final year. Am I eligible for UGC NET.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET being a distance MCA postgraduate with non-UGC university?
  2. Is it compulsory to do MCA through regular mode to appear in UGC NET?
  3. Eligibility for UGC-NET and CSIR-NET for Humanities, Computer Science and MCA candidates?
  4. Whether MCA graduate is applicable for UGC-NET?
  5. Am I eligible for UGC NET or CSIR NET? I am a student of MCA -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after completing MCA from Bharathiyar University
  7. Am I eligible to seat in UGC NET exam after completion of my MCA course?
  8. Can I appear for CSIR NET Exam and UGC NET Exam being an MCA candidate? In what way I can pursue Ph.D course?
  9. Will I be eligible to apply for NET exam if I have completed MCA from a college where the UGC approval was withdrawn?
  10. Am I eligible for UGC NET if I am 31 years old?
  11. Eligibility to appear in CSIR UGC NET joint test for LS in Engineering Sciences?
  12. MCA and M.Phil are eligible for CSIR NET exam? Difference between CSIR NET and UGC NET?
  13. Am I eligible for the test of UGC after passing MCA from PTU through distance education
  14. In which one should I appear among CSIR NET and UGC NET being an MCA postgraduate? When the notification of UGC-NET for June session will be released? -- [New]
  15. Can I become a Lecturer if qualify in UGC-NET having completed MCA and M.Sc in Mathematics?
  16. Can I apply for UGC NET after completing PGDIT from Symbiosis college?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET? I have done MBA with specialization in finance
  18. Can I appear in UGC NET having 54.47% in MCA from Sikkim Manipal University?
6th November 2011, 02:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET after passing MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay7618 View Post
If you are Pursuing your Final year Post graduate degree course, then Yes you are eligible for NET Examination.

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination is conducted by UGC Twice in a year, The examination is Conducted in June and December Every year. For this Year June NET Examination was already completed and The Last date of apply for December NET examination was already Over. The examination of NET Examination will be Held on 24/Dec/2011.

If you are Interested in NET Examination, then please apply for this examination Next year, The Notification of NET Examination will be Published in April Next Year for the June Examination.

To apply for NET Examination, You have to complete your Post graduate degree course with Minimum 55% marks form a recognised board. Final year Post graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

There are 2 Post in NET Examination (i) Lectureship Post (ii) JRF (Junior Research fellowship Post.

There is No Age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post, But for JRF, Your age should not be more than 28 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

There are 3 Papers in NET Examination and all are Held in same day in 2 session, First 2 papers was Objective and Last paper was Descriptive. The syllabus and Previous year paper of Computer science are availiable in the UGC Website, So please prepare for NET Examination according to the Syllabus only then you will be able to cracked the NET Examination.

The examination fees of NET Examination was Rs 450, And you have to pay the fees through Challan in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill the Online application form, So please wait for Next year examination Notification and then apply for NET Examination and for more details please check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
6th November 2011, 05:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
ELIGIBLE OR NOR FOR NET EXAM???????????

Yess , You are eligible for NET exam. But after completion of your MCA degree.

Final year masters degree student are not eligible for NET exam.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.
6th November 2011, 06:05 PM
miiky

NET Examination and all are Held in same day in 2 session, First 2 papers was Objective and Last paper was Descriptive. The syllabus and Previous year paper of Computer science are availiable in the UGC Website.

For applying for NET Examination, You have to complete your Post graduate degree course with Minimum 55% marks form a recognised board. Final year Post graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination.
6th November 2011, 11:58 PM
mspreksha

Smile Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET after passing MCA?

Quote:
hi vinay
yess you are eligible for UGC NET. Students persuing masters can apply for the NET exam in their last year.
14th March 2012, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

MCA is also eligible for CSIR UGC NET exam or not please inform me
14th March 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I have done MCA in 2011,So MCA is eligible for CSIR UGC NET exam or not please inform me.............
25th March 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Even i am also in a confussion that am i eligible or not.i had my mca in 2011 june.i want to do phd program in computer science.in online application of net form which option i need to choose? they r even mentioned about MCA they mentioned about MSC thats all. Can i choose Msc at that time? If i choose Msc then also they are not provided mca option.So what should i do? Am i really eligible for this csir Net exam? If i eligible for this what need to Take the syllabus option when submitting online net form?pls inform me or send me the answer to my Emal id: [email protected]/ [email protected]
1st May 2012, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

hello... i have given my mca xams 4 second yr.. so m i elligible 4 dis june 2012 attempt?
1st May 2012, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

hello.. i have given my mca exams of second year.. m i ellgible 4 dis june 2012 attempt?
2nd May 2012, 10:46 AM
tyler_durdun

Dear frnd,
yes my frnd u r eligible for sitting in NET(National Eligibilty Test) exam.Exam is conducted by UGC.It is basic criteria to become an lecturer in any UGC recognized college/university.First u have to clear the NET exam,then u can apply for govt lecturer.
UGC NET DECEMBER 2011 IMPORTANT DATES

Date of UGC NET examination: 26th June 2011

Date of UGC NET Notification : 30.03.2011

i) Last date for Applying On-Line 25th April 2011
AS this yr u can't apply but u can appply in nov/dec. as this xam is conducted two times a yr.
U can get more information at this website abt the eligibility of NET xam.http://www.successcds.net/Entrance-E...-Test-JRF.html
bst of lk for ur future...
4th May 2012, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

respected sir, i am student of M.ED IGNOU university. one exam is left . i have in 1 paper D grade 2 in D grade. 3 in C grade. 4 in B grade. 5 in B grade 6 in C grade. 7 in D grade. sir is i qualified for NET exam
15th August 2012, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am a MCA graduate from bharathiar university,Coimbatore through Distance education with 63%. Is distance educated candidate can also write NET exam?
15th August 2012, 07:00 AM
sxavierc

Hi,

I am a MCA graduate from bharathiar university,Coimbatore through Distance education with 63%. Is distance educated candidate can also write NET exam?
29th August 2012, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Hi, this is Sathish. I want to uplay CSIR UGC NET for computer science through online.
But in "Subject" it shows below list.
CHE: CHEMICAL SCIENCE
ERT: EARTH SCIENCE
LIF: LIFE SCIENCE
MAT: MATHEMATICAL SCIENCE
PHY: PHYSICAL SCIENCE
ENG: ENGINEERING sCIENCE

For computer science which one can I select?

Please help me.
12th September 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I want to apply CSIR UGC NET for computer science as i completed my MCA in June 2011
But in "Subject" it shows below list.
CHE: CHEMICAL SCIENCE
ERT: EARTH SCIENCE
LIF: LIFE SCIENCE
MAT: MATHEMATICAL SCIENCE
PHY: PHYSICAL SCIENCE
ENG: ENGINEERING sCIENCE

For computer science which one can I select?
Am I eligible or not to apply this in computer science subject????

Please help me.
2nd December 2012, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

i am passed ugc net examination but i can't passed master degree ,if it is valuable?
14th March 2013, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done B.Sc. MCA(2012) AND want to apply for CSIR UGC NET lecturership examination am i eligible if yes then what subject i choose plz inform ?
23rd April 2013, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

cn any body plz tell me- my brother completed his m.sc.(chem.) wid 60% aggregate marks but is pass class. actually he ws nt satisfied wid prev.exm so he again gv d exam for scoring above 60% bt accrd to univ rule. if der is 2nd attempt he vl b gvn a pass class bt marks vl b same. my question is "IS HE ELIGIBLE FOR APPEARING/WRITING D CSIR-NET AND GATE EXM?? n what nxt if he clears it??
15th October 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir,
This is vijaya doing my mca2nd year is iam eligible for net exam
7th November 2014, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing MCA from IGNOU and preparing three backed paper in Dec-2014.
can i apply for NET Exame now... pls suggest me right decision...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?