24th March 2012, 01:09 PM
sany12

Am I eligible to seat in UGC NET exam after completion of my MCA course?

Can i give the UGC NET exam after MCA(masters in computer application)?please reply...thanku
please reply soon..

26th March 2012, 07:31 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to seat in UGC NET exam after completion of my MCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany12 View Post
Can i give the UGC NET exam after MCA(masters in computer application)?please reply...thanku
please reply soon..
Since you have done Master of Computer Application, you will be considered eligible for National Eligibility Test for Lectureship provided you have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination. However, if you belong to Sc/St category, you will be considered eligible even if you have scored 50% marks in the same.

The Test will comprise of three papers and each papers will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions. Paper II and Paper III will be based on Computer Science and Application, whereas Paper I will be based on Aptitude Test.

For Syllabus of Computer Science and Application, Click Here.

For more information, refer to www.ugcnetonline.in
26th March 2012, 11:38 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to seat in UGC NET exam after completion of my MCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany12 View Post
please reply soon..

Eligibility For UGC NET After MCA

To be able to appear in the National Eligibility Test organized by the UGC (University Grants Commission) which is held every year in June and December..you need to have at least the following eligibility criterion :-

1) You must have cleared your post graduation in any stream with at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for reserved candidates)

2) If applying for the Junior Research Fellowship Program..then you must be less than 28 years of age as on the month of the exam..

For more details and updates about the exam and for paper pattern you can visit http://ugcnetonline.in

I have attached the syllabus and a few past question papers of Computer Science for your reference out here..

Just go through them and i hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
27th March 2012, 03:41 AM
sachin170490

Default Re: Am I eligible to seat in UGC NET exam after completion of my MCA course?

yes, you are eligible to seat in UGC NET exam after
completion of MCA. M.C.A is a master degree of computer application. And a master degree holder can apply for N.E.T. But you should be passed your master degree with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). And a final year student of master degree can also apply.
For more detail you can visit UGC official website. Or follow this link to know more about N.E.T.
www.ugc.ac.in/inside/
net.html
30th March 2012, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET after completion of B.Tech Computer Science.
29th November 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Vikas: I have completed MCA through Correspondence offered by Sikkim manipal university. Am I eligible for NET exam?
18th February 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Under which catagory i can apply to the net xam after mca degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?