4th November 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for university teaching without qualifying NET? I have passed M.Phil in June

I have passed M.Phil in June, 1994 from Kurukshetra University. Am i eligible for university teaching without qualifying NET?

Related Questions:
5th November 2012, 12:07 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for university teaching without qualifying NET? I have passed M.Phil in June

There is a lot of confusion in people's mind over this issue. The fact is that you are not required to appear for National Eligibility Test to become college lecturer if you have completed M.Phil.

This is only for the candidates who have completed M.Phil degree before 10th July, 2009 as per the guidelines of the University Grants Commission. Since you completed M.Phil in 1994, you are eligible for college lectureship without having to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

There is although divided opinion over the development. Some believe that by giving exemption to M.Phil and PhD candidates, UGC is compromising on the quality of education but on the other hand other section believe that this will immediately sort out the lack of lecturer issue in various colleges.

Therefore on the 472nd meeting of the University Grants Commission the decision was taken that only candidates who have completed M.Phil and PhD before 10th July, 2009 will remain exempted from appearing for the National Eligibility Test.

Those who have completed M.Phil after 10th July, 2009 are required to take the National Eligibility Test. I hope this will answer your question.
5th November 2012, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for university teaching without qualifying NET? I have passed M.Phil in June

i have finished my pg course and also i have cleared NET whether i will get a job in as a assistant professor in any
university
20th December 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Can any1 become a professor without qualifying NET after 10th june 2012?
1st February 2013, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

who are complete the m.phil on or before 10th july 2009 are exempt but the university can't give the permission they says that the particulars about that GR. is not fix by the mhrd till date what about it ?
16th August 2014, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I AM PASS THE M.PHIL JUNE 2009 THE UNIVERSITY OF MAHARAJA GAGA SING UNIVERSITY OF BIKANER PLEASE ANASWER ME THAT I ELIGIBLE FOR PROFESSOR WITHOUT QUALIFYING FOR THE NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?