24th November 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

After MBA am I eligible to attend the NET exam?

Respected sir,
i am reema
i am doing MBA i am interested in teaching ,i want to know whether i am elegible for attending Net exam after my MBA .or if i took Mphil what are the criteria for the Net exam.

25th November 2011, 08:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After MBA am I eligible to attend the NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
i am reema
i am doing MBA i am interested in teaching ,i want to know whether i am elegible for attending Net exam after my MBA .or if i took Mphil what are the criteria for the Net exam.

Yes , You are eligible for NET exam.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.
25th November 2011, 03:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected sir,
i am reema
NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test, and this examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year in the Month of June and December Every year.

For this Year June NET Examination was already completed and December NET Examination will be Held on 24/Dec/2011.

If you are Interested in NET Examination, then for this you Have to complete your Post graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, Final year post graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination, But to apply for NET Examination you have to scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduation.

So, After completing your MBA, You are eligible for National Eligiblity Test.

The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through Challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill the Online application form. The challan slip is availiable in the official website after declaring the Notification.

There are 3 Papers in NET Examination and all are conducted into same day in 2 session. The First Two Papers was Objective and last paper was descriptive. You have to choose the subjects in NET on the basis of Post Graduation. The syllabus and Previous year paper of NET Examination is already availiable in the official website. So please check the official website for Complete Information :

http://ugcnetonline.in
25th November 2011, 03:32 PM
mahi 16

yes you are very much eligible for NET examination.
for this you have to complete your Post graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University
Final year post graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination,
you have to scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduation.
25th November 2011, 07:31 PM
co-rocks

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

thanks
25th November 2011, 08:59 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After MBA am I eligible to attend the NET exam?

Quote:
Respected sir,
i am reema

Eligibility For NET

The UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) which is held twice a year in the months of June and December is meant for only those candidates who are in the final year of their post graduation or already possess a post graduate degree..

So,yes you are definitely eligible for appearing for the NET exam..

You must have 55% or above (without rounding off) for General/OBC category students..

If you belong to SC/ST category then you must have 50% or above( without rounding off) in your post graduation..

If you are applying for the JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) then you should be less than 28 years on the 1st date of the month of the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
28th November 2011, 11:05 PM
Rahul kuntala

Quote:
Respected sir,
i am reema
Hello reema

Nice decision. After MBA you will be absolutely eligible to write NET exam. And don't worry I will give you all the details of NET exam.

NET - National Eligibility Test

NET is organized by UGC (University Grants Commission) twice in a year.
  • June
  • December

Eligibility Criteria for NET :

You should have the following eligibility to appear for NET Exam.

You must have PG with min.55%

There are 2types of Posts in NET:
1)Lectureship post(LS)
2)Junior Research Fellowship(JRF)

There is no upper age limit for "Lectureship post"

You must be within 28years for "Junior Research Fellowship"(5years age relaxation for SC/ST,BC and PH Candidates)

If you are in Final year of your PG also eligible to write NET

So, even if you take M.Phil then after finishing it,you can write NET exam !!

Application Procedure for NET::

->> You have to apply online before the specific date announced by UGC.

->> Two print-outs of filled in online application form,exam attendance slip and admission card at the respective centers (with fee receipt and category certificates) are the documents required for applying to this exam.

->> This will be of 450rs/- for General and 110 rs/- for SC/ST.

->> You have to pay this through SBI Challan form Via Online.

NET exam is on 24th December'2011

I think you haven't applied for this time so apply for the next time when you finish your PG

Syllabus Available in Official website : http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html

For More details,
Please Visit the official website : http://www.ugcnetonline.in

All the best

Regards
Rahul Kuntala
19th February 2012, 10:36 PM
pulsarman

HI,

YES dear after MBA you will be absolutely eligible to write NET exam.
Eligibility for NET exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the post graduation with 55% aggregate from a recognized university.

2.Candidates age should be less than 28 years..

3.Candidate must be a citizen of India.
23rd February 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

i hve completed MBA thru distace edu from IGNOU..am i eligible for NET
30th April 2012, 10:26 PM
a444

ya,ofcourse qualified for net exam after mba

Education Qualification

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D. degree holders who had passed Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991.
A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing or has appeared in his/her final year (III/IV Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination in subjects mentioned in above during the academic session 2009-2010. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year M.SC or equivalent degree examination. However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master's Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks and within the stipulated time frame.
Age limit and relaxation

For JRF (NET): Minimum 19 years and maximum 28 years as on 01.07.2009 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants.
For LS (NET): Minimum 19 years as on 01.07.2009. No upper age limit.

best of luck
30th April 2012, 11:44 PM
hlr
Member+

you are very much eligible for NET examination.
for this you have to complete your Post graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University
Final year post graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination
24th July 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY MBA UNDER MG UNIVERSITY, BUT RESULTS WILL BE ONLY OUT BY FEB -2013. AM I ELIGIBLE TO WRITE NET?
24th July 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my mba from mg university, but my results would be out only by feb 2013. am i elgible for net
25th July 2012, 12:40 PM
sheelasnj

5th April 2013, 03:01 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Reema,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

Yes, definitely you are eligible for NET examination.

UGC(University Grants Commission) conducts NET examination every year for two times in the months of June and December.

For these posts, NET examination is conducted:-

* Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

* Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any track with 55% marks from any accredited university.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contenders.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 20-28 yrs - JRF.

* For Lectureship, age criteria is not required.

* Age relaxation:- 5 yrs for OBC, SC/ST and PWD contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

5th April 2013, 08:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can sit for the National Eligibility Test if want to become lecturer in government college. There is no need to do M.Phil for that your MBA degree would be sufficient enough to apply for it.

You can apply for the National Eligibility Test during the final year of Master of Business Administration. However you should only do that if meeting the criteria to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

The NET is a national level entrance exam which is not just conducted for college lectureship but Junior Research Fellowship as well. It is conducted twice in a year. The next NET exam will be conducted in June which will be followed by another one in December.

Eligibility

1. Only master degree holders are eligible to appear.

2. However 55 percent marks are required in master degree.

3. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

4. As mentioned you can appear during Final year.

5. But to avoid disqualification kindly ensure that you are meeting percentage and would be able to submit degree in 2 years.

5. Your subject for exam will be Management.

6. There is no limit on appearances.

7. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

8. There is no upper limit for lectureship.
6th April 2013, 12:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

First of all I would like to appreciate your decision as you want to become a teacher in future,honestly speaking,it is a respectable decision.

Now talking about your query,

As you have mentioned that your are pursuing your ,master's degree in business administration.

NET stands for the National Eligibility test .This entrance examination is conducted by the University Grants commission twice every year in the month of June and December respectively.

Academic qualifications required for the NET examinations:

The basic qualifications required for the NET exam is master's degree in any discipline form a recognized university with at least 55% marks in it .Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

So during your final year you can apply for the exam at www.ugcnetonline.in.

Age limitations:

>>For the Junior research fellowship: the upper age limit is 28 years.

>>For lectureship : there is no upper age limit for this .

The latest structure of paper III is given as :

For any further details about the NET exams ,you may logon to www.ugc.ac.in .

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?