28th February 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Will I be able to do lecturership or teaching without qualifying for NET?

i am pursuing msc zoology (final year) from delhi university. i want to ask that without qualifying net,, will i m able to do lecturership or teaching???

1st March 2012, 02:40 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to do lecturership or teaching without qualifying for NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am pursuing msc zoology (final year) from delhi university. i want to ask that without qualifying net,, will i m able to do lecturership or teaching???
In order to be considered for lectureship, qualifying National Eligibility Test is mandatory as per the University Grant Commission, however, candidates who have done their PH.D might not need to take the test provided the University or the colleges accept it, but in case of Master Degree holder, the test is compulsory.

Now, as far as Teaching in the school in concerned, you need to hold Bachelors of Education, along with other bachelors or masters degree, to be eligible to teach in recognized schools and in that case, you will have to qualify Teachers Eligibility Test conducted by the National Council for Teacher Education.
4th November 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I be able to do lecturership or teaching without qualifying for NET?

Will I be able to do teaching in an Indian University without qualifying for NET as I have passed M.Phil in June, 1994?
5th November 2012, 07:46 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You may be able to apply for the lectureship in private colleges but if you want job in government colleges then I am afraid there isn't any other option for you. It is mandatory to clear the National Eligibility Test.

Even for teaching job you will need B.Ed degree and will have to appear for Teachers Eligibility Test to get job in government schools but in private schools, you may get the teaching job. Although I must add that several private schools too prefer canddiates with Bachelor of Education degree.

Therefore It makes sense if you appear for the National Eligibility Test. I know that the exam is not easy to clear but if you will work hard you can definitely clear it. Besides there is no limit of number of attempts, so even if you failed once, you can come back and try once again.

Eligibility

1. Only Indian nationals can apply.

2. Minimum qualification requirement is post graduation degree.

3. At least 55 percent marks in PG.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

5. Students of final year are also eligible to apply.

6. They should submit the PG degree within 2 years of clearing NET exam.

7. Your NET subject will depend on the post graduation course.

8. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

9. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

10. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation.

11. There is no age limit for Lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?