7th June 2017, 06:16 PM
anirudh suddala

Am I eligible to write 5th semester external exams if I have 6 backlogs?

Dear Sir/Mam, I have 1 backlog in 1st year, 3 backlogs in 3rd semester and 2 backlogs in 4th semester. Am I eligible to write 5th sem exams and what is the limit to which backlogs are considered to write 5th sem external exams? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Whether am I eligible to pursue 5th semester if there are backlogs in 3rd and 4th semesters of Diploma?
  2. Will I face any difficulty in Campus recruitment after clearing backlogs?
  3. Will I face problems attending campus placements if I have 2 backlogs in my 5th semester?
  4. Am I eligible for IAF entrance exam after clearing the previous backlogs?
  5. Can I get a good job after clearing backlogs in 3rd or 5th semester? I am a 2nd year civil engineering student
  6. Is it possible to get a job by doing Short Term Courses after having 1 backlog in B.E ECE?
  7. Entrance exam eligibility based on B.tech percentage before and after clearing backlogs -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am i eligible to write SSLC exam? I have completed my 5th semester
  9. Is it possible to get a good job with backlogs in 3rd, 5th, and 6th semester?
  10. Am I eligible to attend L&T Infotech On-Campus Drive if had 5 backlogs in B.E.?
  11. Am I eligible for GATE CS 2017 after completing BE in 5 years?
  12. Is it ok to have backlogs to apply for PSU jobs?
  13. Will I be eligible for any MBA colleges if I get backlogs in my ECE 8th Semester exam?
  14. Am I eligible for IBPS Exam being a candidate having 2 backlogs in 8th semester of CSE?
  15. Will there be a problem if I have backlogs in 5th semester to do higher studies in future?
  16. Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?
  17. Am I eligible to write Bank PO exams after scoring 55% in 2nd attempt during B.E final year?
  18. What is the duration of clearing backlogs of B.Com
7th June 2017, 09:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write 5th semester external exams if I have 6 backlogs?

You have to refer to the rules of your concerned university and if you have got year back, then only you will be barred to appear for next semester exams.

Hence, if there is no year back for you, then you can surely get admission in next semester and appear for exams.
8th June 2017, 12:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write 5th semester external exams if I have 6 backlogs?

Yes, you are eligible to write 5th semester external examinations even if you have 6 backlogs. There is no limit of backlogs whether to appear in external examinations or not. You can clear all your backlogs before completion of your final course, so, you are eligible to write 5th semester external examinations even if you have 6 backlogs.
8th June 2017, 02:52 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge you should clear all backlogs first of all. Then only you will be eligible to write next semester exam. As because without clearing backlogs you are not eligible to write further exams.
8th June 2017, 05:50 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to write 5th semester exams as you have backlog in 1st year.
According to Allowed To Keep Terms (ATKT) system, if a student have backlog of 1 to 4 subjects in the graduation and pre graduation, then the student can continue his/her study by clearing there previous year failed subjects within 1 year of duration.
So to get eligible to write 5th semester you need to clear your 1st year backlog first.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?