21st June 2011, 02:06 PM
yadalaxmi

How to prepare for IES exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? Am I eligible for IES exam pursuing my 1st year B.Tech?

how to prepare ies exam. What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? I am pursuing B.Tech 1st year. Am I eligible for IES exam?

22nd June 2011, 08:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IES exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? Am I eligible for IES exam pursuing my 1st year B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadalaxmi View Post
how to prepare ies exam. What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? I am pursuing B.Tech 1st year. Am I eligible for IES exam?
Educational Qualifications :

must be passed graduation in following department for IES exam

1)Electrical Engineering
2)Electronics & Communications Engineering
3)Civil Engineering
4)Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering .

Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years

yess B-TECh are eligible for IES exam but you are in above department.

all the best
23rd June 2011, 12:56 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for IES exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? Am I eligible for IES exam pursuing my 1st year B.Tech?

Hey,
To preparetion for IES exam you must have good knowledge in detail about what you have study in duration of engineering....because only graduation study help you to crack IES.

Eligibilty criteria:
first you must be graduate for giving IES exam.
min age:21years
max age:30 years upto which you give the exam.

and about you you are in first year so you can,t give IES exam.First you done your graduation only then you able to give IES exam.

good luck
23rd June 2011, 01:59 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IES exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? Am I eligible for IES exam pursuing my 1st year B.Tech?

Quote:

ELIGIBILITY FOR IES ( India Engineering Service ) EXAM

No, students in 1st yr of B.Tech are not eligible for IES exam.. The eligibility criteria for IES exam is as follows...

-> Candidate must be withing the age limit of 21-30 years.

-> Age relaxation exists as Govt. rules which you can find in the exam notification during exam.

-> Candidate must be a Engineering graduate from a recognized university.

-> Even final year students can write the exam, provided they submit the certificates by the next round of the exam.

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR IES EXAM

-> Know the pattern of the exam, this helps you to save a lot of time during the exam.. just try to know the topics covered in the exam and prepare for it accordingly..

-> Manage your time well from the start of your first year to prepare for the exam.. set a hour time daily to prepare for IES exam...

-> Refer good books for preparation.. There are many books available in the market which helps you for preparation..

-> I have attached some of the files which will be useful for your IES preparation in this post.. Just try to check it out when you have time..
Attached Files
File Type: docx books for IES.docx(11.8 KB, 255 views)
File Type: docx IES Plan of Examination.docx(15.3 KB, 175 views)
File Type: docx IES Tips and things to remember.docx(11.9 KB, 182 views)
23rd June 2011, 02:27 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How to prepare for IES exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? Am I eligible for IES exam pursuing my 1st year B.Tech?

Quote:

IES exam is conducted By UPSC Government of India.It is having an Exam once in a year.

Eligibility & age limits:-
  • Only Engineering Graduate with either civil , Mechanical , Electrical And Electronics and Telecommunication Can write IES i.e Indian Engineering Services and

• For writing the only criteria you must satisfy is you should be between 21 years of Age to 30 years of Age as on the Ist August, 2011 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1981 and not later than 1st August, 1990.

Tips and Scheme Of the Examination :-

Just Go according to the syllabus and you will definitely find success in it.

Part I—The written examination will comprise two sections

Section I consisting only of objective types of questions and

Section II of conventional papers.

Both Sections will cover the entire syllabus of the relevant engineering disciplines

Total 1000 Marks will be there

Part II—Personality test carrying a maximum of 200 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the basis of the written examination.

In Order to Crack IES you need to score atleast 40 % in each Part.

But we can't predict its exactly 40% because every year Cut off depends upon Quantity of candidates appeared and Marks obtained by them.

So take 40% as Standard so you will not face Difficulties in Future.
IES Previous Year Question papers !!

If you search in the Net You will not find any where Solved question papers for IES.

Its better if you Purchase Books which consists of Previous year Solved Question papers.

For Solved and chapter wise Solutions :-

Refer Oswal Books For previous year Chapter Solved Papers

For preparation Purpose You can Refer below books :-

Made Easy Publications Books...

If you want Last Two years then you can Visit upsc Portal Question Papers of 2009 and 2010.

For notification Purpose and Any More Details You can Refer:- www.upsc.gov.in
23rd June 2011, 03:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The Engineering Service Exam can be written by the candidates holding a bachelors degree in engineering.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years for general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST.

The examination is conducted in the four major groups of engineering:
Civil engineering
Mechanical engineering
Electrical engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication engineering

The examination comprise of two sections comprising objective type questions based on english, general studies and relevant engineering group in the first section.
The second section comprise of conventional papers.

For better preparation, you must follow the syllabus and previous years question papers.
For complete information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
23rd June 2011, 07:01 PM
raghu70

hi sir...............
What are the main components of a digital computer?
4th July 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Can MCA passed students are eligible for IES services.

B.Kumar
e-mail add. [email protected]
22nd July 2011, 04:07 PM
ayusharma.3

IES-Indian Engineering Services is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of engineers for services are done for Group A and Group B.
CATEGORY-I (CIVIL ENGINEERING)

Group - A Services / Posts
» Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering posts)
» Indian Railway Service of Engineers
» Central Engineering Service
» Military Engineer Service (IDSE - Building and Roads cadre)
» Military Engineer Service (Surveyor of Works cadre)
» Survey of India Service, Group - A (Civil Engineering posts)
» Central Water Engineering Service (Civil Engineering posts)
» Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group - A, (Civil Engineering posts)
» Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) in Border Roads Engineering Service, Group - A
Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch) (Civil Engineering posts)
CATEGORY-II (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)
Group - A Services / Posts
» Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
» Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering posts)
» Central Water Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering posts)
» Central Power Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering posts)
» Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch)
» (Mechanical Engineering posts)
» Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering posts)
» Military Engineer Service (IDSE - Electrical and Mechanical Cadre) (Mechanical Engineering posts)
» Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering posts)
» Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical) (Mechanical Engineering posts) Border Roads Engineering Service, Group - A
» Drilling Engineer (Junior) Group - A in Geological Survey of India
Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group - A, (Mechanical Engineering posts)

The eligibility criteria are:
You must have a Bachelor degree in engineering from a recognized university.The age limit is 21-30 years.There is some relaxation for SC/ST.
For General category 4 attempts are allowed
The test is conducted for 1000 marks in 2 papers followed by an interview of 200 marksUPSC carries out the IES test for recruiting applicants into central government departments. General category applicants can attempt 4 times. For OBC the chances are restricted up to 7 times. SC/ST candidates can attempt maximum 9 times. Age must be more than 17 years and less than 21years. The basic requirement is a pass in 10+2. They should pass the program from a recognized academic board. Male aspirants can apply. Physical fitness test is there in the admission process. Those who are looking for Naval and Air Force should taken Maths and Physics in HSC (10+2). If you need more details, you can go through the website of UPSC.THE UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exams for IES has the following eligibility criteria : A candidate should be a pass out of or in the final year of Engineering from AICTE approved institutions. Computer science/IT students are not eligible. The age limit is 21 to 30 years. And the number of attempts for this exam are 4 (For Gen), 7 (For OBC) and no limit (FOR SC/ST).yes, you are eligible for IES exam. it is indian engineering service exam conducted by UPSC after b-tech.
it has some eligibility:
- A candidate must pass or appearing Engineering from AICTE approval institutions.
- The branches includes: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil engineering candidates are eligible for the exam.
- Computer science/IT students are not eligible.
- The age limit should be 21 to 30 years, 5% relaxation for the reserved candidates
- No. of attempt:
General: 4
OBC: 7
SC/ST: no limit ES Exam is Recruiting Applicants Into Central Government Jobs .

Recruited Only :

Civil Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineering,
Electronics and Telecommunication.

Eligibility Criteria :

A candidate must be a Citizen of India.
The candidate must hold a Graduate degree from a Recognized University.
The Age Should Between 21 - 30 Yrs.
Those in the final year of a degree course can also Eligible.

Upper Age limits :

Three Years for Other Backward Classes
Five Years for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.

Number of Attempts :

Four attempts for open.
Seven attempts for OBC.
No limit for SC/ST.
30th July 2011, 10:55 AM
jayasankar17

my name is jayasankar studying 4th year ece . prepare ies exam in my town coching-- -centers are not avalible how to prepare ies without coching center is possible
1st August 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

what is the syallbus of ies exam
9th August 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

MY BRANCH IS INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL . AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IES
10th August 2011, 08:12 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

IES Eligibility -

For Indian Economic Service- A Post-graduate degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Business Economics.

For Indian Statistical Service - A Post-graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, Applied Statistics.

The engineering services exam is basically conducted for four engineering stream;

Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

For your better preparation I'm providing you some of the good books which'll be very helpful to you.

*Digital Logic & Computer Design by Moris Mano

*Electromagnetic Waves & Radiating Systems by Jardon & Balmain, JD Kraus

*Integrated Circuits by K.R. Botkar

*Integrated Electronics by Jacob Milman & C. Halkias, Millman & Grabel

*Network Analysis by Van Valkenburg

*Network and Systems by D. Roy Choudhary

You can get more information regarding this in the link listed below.

http://www.upsconline.nic.in

http://www.iesacademy.co

http://www.iesmadeeasy.org
10th August 2011, 10:39 AM
k.bharath kumar reddy

Hello friend,
The IES exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) ,India every year for the recruitment to the four categories of engineering services:
  1. Civil Engineering
  2. Mechanical Engineering
  3. Electrical Engineering
  4. Electronics & telecommunication Engineering
Eligibility for Indian Engineering Services Examination:
i.Candidates must be Indian Nationality.
ii.Age limits
min:21years max:30years
iii.Education Qualifications
  • A degree in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent.
  • M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications,Electronics,Radio physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects are also acceptable for cetain services/posts only.
  • Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or euivalent examination are also eligible to coompete.
For Preparation:
For preparation all you need to do is you should concentrate more on what you are studying and you should have better knowledge about your subject.

My suggestion to you that as you are in still B.tech first year you are not eligible for IES. So,its better to concentrate in your academics..

All the best.
10th August 2011, 01:13 PM
saurav9889

for appering in ies exam u should be an engg. graduate and min. 21 yr old.also the ies exam is conducted in 4 streams i.e mechanical,electrical,civil and electronics. also the exam consists of 2 subjective and 2 objective type papers.for ies exam u should both have conceptual clarity as well as good at writing answers.final yr b.e student may also apply.
10th August 2011, 04:27 PM
sg1991

Eligibility criteria for appearing in IES exam conducted by UPSC is-

* You must hold a degree of B. E. or B. Tech. in any branch from a recognised university.
* Your age should be from 21 to 30 years (for general category). There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST in upper age limit.
* Maximum 4 attempts for general category, 7 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST.

Since you are in first year of B. Tech. you are not eligible to give IES exam at this stage. You can give this exam during the final year.
10th August 2011, 05:05 PM
THANIKONDA

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IES exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IES exam? Am I eligible for IES exam pursuing my 1st year B.Tech?

hiii friend,if u want to write IES first u have to complete then prepare for IES....to prepare for IEs join any coaching centre like ASE...all the best my friend
13th September 2011, 03:19 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:

If you are intrested for IES exam then you can do preperation for this.You can

take refrence from any book.

R.S. agarwal is the best book for maths quiestion and aptitute.So you should

do regular practice for IES exam.

The main requirment for IES exam is only some branch students can give IES

exam.

These are

MECHNICAL ENGINEERING

CIVIL ENGINEERING

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION.

So these are some branch student who can give IES exam.

If you are in 1st year of engineering then you can give entrance exam of

IES.the main requirment for IES exam is you should have completed your

graduation degree for IES exam.

So you can give IES exam after engineering graduation degree
27th November 2011, 03:53 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES or psus exam pursuing my 3rd year B.Tech
8th March 2012, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for IES FROM 2NDYEAR?how to gain good knowledge in all subjects?
12th March 2012, 06:03 PM
masuka123

To apply for IES exam you have to visit the official website of UPSC which conducts this exam and fill the application form there.

The website is www.upsconline.nic.in and there fill the details of you and pay the fees of the application form through Debit cards and maestro cards.

You can also fill the application form offline by buying it from the designated post offices of the country and sending it to the given address after filling it.

FEES OF THE APPLICATION FORM IS: Rs 100 Only.

The Branches which are eligible are:
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering

You must be a graduate from the above branches of engineering or in the final year of graduation of the course.

Your age must be between 21 to 30 years
OBC: 3 years
SC/ST: 5 years
Ex service man: 10years

There is no limit on the number of attempts that you can make and minimum of 60% is required in order to be eligible for the exams.

There are two papers conducted PAPER -I and PAPER- II and both the sections contain the Questions from your branch.

IMPORTANT DATES ARE:
NAME OF THE EXAM:ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2012
DATE OF NOTIFICATION : 25.02.2012
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 26.03.2012 (MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM : 15.06.2012 (FRIDAY)
DURATION OF THE EXAM: 03 DAYS

SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:

GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?