25th May 2013, 08:21 PM
Sabijv

Am I eligible to write IES?

My date of birth is 6th june 1993. I have interest to write Ies exam. Am i eligible to write Ies in 2014

Related Questions:
12th June 2013, 11:49 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabijv View Post
My date of birth is 6th june 1993. I have interest to write Ies exam. Am i eligible to write Ies in 2014
Yes,you will be eligible to write IES(Indian Engineering Services) Exam conducted by the UPSC.To apply for this exam you will require to meet these Eligibility conditions :

For Diploma Engineering degree holders :
  • You have obtained your Engineering degree from a university incorporated by the Act of the Central/State Legislature Assembly.
  • You have passed Section A and B of the Institutions Examinations of the Engineers of India.
  • You have also passed the Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Communication Engineers of India.
For Bachelor Engineering degree holders :
  • Your Bachelor Engineering degree should be of at least 4 years.
  • Your Engineering degree should be approved from the AICTE.
  • Your Engineering degree should be from Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Civil Engineering.
  • If you have Post Graduate Engineering degree in Wireless/Radio Technology then also you can apply for this exam.
Age Required :
  • Candidates minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Candidates age should not be above 30 years.
Age Relaxations : Age relaxations will be provided to the Reserved category candidates.
  • SC/ST category candidates will get 5 years of age relaxations.
  • OBC category candidates will get 3 years of age relaxations.
Exam Pattern for IES(Indian Engineering Services)

SECTION I
  • This will include three papers and all will be objective type.
  • Papers will be General ability test and Engineering Paper I and II.
  • General ability test will include questions from English and General studies.
  • Engineering paper I and II will include questions from your Engineering stream.
  • Each paper will be of 2 hours.
  • Each paper will be of 200 Marks.
SECTION II
  • This paper will be subjective type.
  • It will include two papers from your Engineering stream that is Engineering I and II.
  • Each paper will be of 3 hours.
  • Each paper will be of 200 Marks.
12th June 2013, 02:22 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted for jobs in government deparments that are offered through this entrance exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

The entrance exam is conducted for 4 Engineering branches:

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Communication Engineering

You can appear for entrance exam after completing Bachelor of Technology course. However your age should at least be 21 years old. You are currently 20 years old but in 2014 you will be eligible for the entrance exam.

The age for Indian Engineering Service entrance exam is calculated as on August 1 of the year in which you are appearing for the examination. Since you will cross the 21 years mark on June 6, it makes you eligible for entrance exam.

Anyone who is born after August 1, 1993 can not appear for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam in 2014. But this is not the case for you.

IES Eligibility

1. Candidates from only India are selected through IES.

2. Valid Bachelor of Technology degree is required.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Final year students can also apply.

5. Your age should be 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of the examination year.

6. OBCs are eligible for 3 years relaxation.

7. 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST.
12th June 2013, 04:11 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah sure , you are eligible to apply for IES ( Indian Engineering Service Examination ) . To apply for this examination , the candidate should be engineering graduate from a recognized Institution . If you are completed engineering degree then you are eligible to apply for this examination .

IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year . IES Examination application will be expect in the month of February or March in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper and this examination for admission to Indian Railway Services of Engineers , Railway store services , Central Engineering services , Group A & Group B vacancies , Defence Services of Engineers , Ordnance factories Services , Assistant Executive Engineers...etc .

Eligibility Criteria ::

The applicant must have a qualified engineering from a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification and any engineering stream candidates are eligible to apply for this examination . There is no percentage bar required to apply for this examination . Minimum Qualifying marks in Engineering itself to appear for IES Examination . The applicant who are appearing in the final year of engineering degree may also eligible to apply for this examination but pre-final year candidates are eligible to apply .

The applicant must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable . 33 years for Other Backward caste , 35 years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes and 40 years for Person with disabilities .

The applicant should have a completed engineering degree in Civil , Mechanical , Electrical , Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering . If you are not studied then you can opt any of the following engineering branch .

IES Examination Pattern ::
  • General ability Test
  • Objective Papers
  • Conventional Papers
12th June 2013, 04:59 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

IES Stands Indian Engineering Service

IES exam conducted by UPSC

IES Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates must be complete Degree (Engineering) in following Stream

Mechanical Engineering

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and communication Engineering

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3 & 5 years upper age relaxation for OBC & SC/ST Candidates

12th June 2013, 06:43 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services.

IES is mostly written by the Graduates who hold their degrees with them.

Also it is not for all the branches only a limited group of branches are choosen for this exam.

They are

Electrical

Electronics

Mechanical

Radio physics

Civil

Wireless Communication

The above are the only subjects chosen for this exam.So students who did not do the graduation in the above subjects are not eligible for the exam.

So now you can easily distinguish yourself and age is a matter of concern.

Student more than 30years are not accepted for the exam.The marks for the exam is a total of 1000 marks which are divided by five papers.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
12th June 2013, 08:47 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service, conducted by UPSC every year for appointment of young Engineers in the Top Technical Post under various Central Govt. Dept.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass preferably in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Electronics & Telecommunication stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for OBC candidate up to 3 years and for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years, can apply for IES.

The age must be 21 to 30 years as on 1st January of IES exam year, so accordingly one is eligible to apply for IES.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th June 2013, 10:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You haven't mentioned your educational qualification in the question. So it will be difficult to say whether you are eligible or not. All i can do is provide the eligibility criteria and you have to fulfill that to become eligible for IES exam.

Engineering Services exam is conducted by UPSC for Engineering Graduates in any discipline from a recognized University.

Age Limit:

Age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are a General category candidate. There will be age relaxation for reserved categories based on government rules.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

OBC - 3 years relaxation (for non creamy layer only)

Selection Procedure:

There will be written examination and personal interview for selection.

The questions will be related to your Engineering discipline for which you are applying.

The recruitments are done in following engineering services:

-Civil Engineering Services

-Mechanical Engineering Services

-Electrical Engineering Services

-Electronics and Communication Engineering Services

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th June 2013, 04:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym IES stands for the Indian Engineering services .The entrance examination for this services is conducted by the UPSC once in a year and is also termed as Engineering services examinations.

First of all discussing your eligibility in terms of age limitations:

The minimum age limit is 21 years on the 1st August of the year of examination and the upper age limit is 30 for general candidates ,33 years for obc and 35 years for sc/st respectively.

Since your date of birth is 06/06/1993 so you must be over 21 years on 1st august 2014 and hence you are eligible for the IES exam in terms of age limitations.

Now coming to academic requirements:

As you have not mentioned your academic requirement ,You must ensure that you have a bachelor's degree in engineering /technology from a recognized university.Final year engineering graduates and those candidates having master's degree in science and mathematics can also apply for the exam.

The no of attempts for the IES exam is category dependent that is four for general ,seven for obc and no limit for the sc/st candidates.

IES examination pattern:

For any latest information regarding IES exam ,you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps and satisfies you .If you have any other query regarding this then you can leave it here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
14th June 2013, 04:33 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Sorry to say that but you are not eligible for the IES examination according to your age.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts IES examination every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the IES examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation(B.Tech) from any recognized college or university.

* Final year contenders without pending backlogs are also eligible.

* Completion of graduation in Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from any recognized college or university.

* Percentage criteria is not required.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and 10 yrs for PWD contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

IES examination syllabus:-

IES examination pattern:-

18th June 2013, 11:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination .IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed your Bachelor Engineering Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from these . M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also applicable for IES Exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Your Date of birth is 6th june 1993 so you have not completed 21 years old .You are not applicable now for IES exam but next year you can apply here .

The latest Pattern for IES exam is attached below, you can follow this pattern-

For more details about IES exam , you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2013, 07:28 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend...................

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

Those candidate have completed engineering degree with below given department are applicable for IES exam-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Your minimum age should be 21 years.

Your age should not be above 28 years.

Exam Syllabus and Pattern details :-

Paper I (Objective Paper) - Total Marks 600.

General ability test and General studies - Total Duration 2 hours.
Engineering Paper I - Total Duration 2 hours.
Engineering Paper II - Total Duration 2 hours.

Paper II (Conventional Paper) - Total Marks 600.

Engineering Paper I - Total duration will be 3 hours.
Engineering Paper II - Total duration will be 3 hours.
24th July 2013, 01:28 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should be origin of India.

Candidate should complete the Graduation in Engineering from any recognized University. There is no min percentage required for this exam. final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Candidate age limit should be between 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for other categories. 3 years relaxation for OBC. 5 years relaxation for SC\ST. 10 years relaxation for PWD.

There is limit of attempts required for this exam. 4 attempts for the General candidates. 7 attempts required for the OBC candidates. No limit of attempts for the SC\ST candidates.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

All the best.........
24th July 2013, 10:04 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

YES, you are eligible to write the UPSC conducted Engineering Services Exams

To apply for this exam you have to wait for UPSC to advertise the positions
Once advertisement is released than you have to apply online from the website http://upsconline.nic.in/

Now you can apply for this exam in the year 2014 only

Fees to apply is Rs 200
But for SC/ST/Women candidates fees is zero

BE/BTECH pass candidates of any stream can apply for this exams
No minimum marks is required in BE/BTECH

So i would suggest that you should start preparing for this exams right now.

Selection Procedure Involves:
>>Written Test
>> Personality Test

Written Test:

It will have two sections
Sections 1 will have objective questions
Section 2 will have subjective questions
24th July 2013, 04:55 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service.It is one of the Civil Service Exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.If you completed graduation in engineering then you are applicable for this exam.There are some of eligibility for this Civil service exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualification:

The candidates should be complete BE in (Civil engineering/Mechanical engineering/electronics and communication/Electrical engineering) from a recognized university.

Age limit:

Candidates age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

For OBC Candidates age relaxation is 3 years

For SC/ST Candidates age relaxation is 5 years.

For PHD Candidates age relaxation is 10 years.

Number of attempts:

General Category: 4 attempts

OBC Category: 7 attempts

SC/ST category: No limit

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

Pay Scale:

The pay for IES officer starts from Rs.15,000 and could go up to Rs.70,000 per month.

regards...santhosh............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?