12th July 2013, 03:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write IIT/NIT entrance exam? I have scored 51% in 12th

let me know the eligibility to write IIT/NIT entrance exam,i m with just 51% in 12th,am i eligible?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write IIT/NIT entrance exam? I have scored 51% in 12th
  2. Can I write medical entrance exam after completing 12th with 941?
  3. Am I eligible to write the MBBS entrance exam after passing 12th with 83.33%? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible for MNCs Entrance Exam having secured 82% in 10th, 59% in 12th and 71% in B.Tech?
  5. Am i eligible to write ISRO exam? I have scored 55% in 12th
  6. Am i eligible to write AIPMT after scoring 66% in 12th
  7. Am i eligible to write Medical entrance exam of Karnataka after pursuing 12th in BIPC at Sri Chaitanya Junior College?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for JNU and IIT entrance exam for MCA after scoring 59.8% in 12th
  9. Am I eligible to write NIMCET after scoring 51% in 12th and 64% in all semester of BCA?
  10. Am I eligible to write Kerala MCA entrance exam? I have scored 66% marks in BSc computer science and 44.5% marks in Mathematics
  11. Am I eligible for IIT Entrance Exam having secured 72% in 12th but 37% in Mathematics being a candidate of SC category?
  12. Am I eligible for KCET exam after scoring 139 marks in PCB? List of good books for MBBS entrance exam? How can I prepare for it?
  13. Am I eligible for EAMCET exam if done 12th from Orrisa and 10th from Andhra Pradesh?
  14. Am I eligible for GRE after scoring 69% in 10th and 76% in 12th?
  15. Am I eligible for Cognizant after scoring 57% in 12th -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible for marine engineering after scoring 90% in 12th standard? Is there any fee concession? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  17. Am I eligible to write CUSAT? I have passed my B.Tech entrance exam
  18. Am I eligible to write ISEET?
12th July 2013, 08:56 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IIT/NIT entrance exam? I have scored 51% in 12th

As you have scored 51% in 12th, you will not be eligible for IIT entrance exam.

IIT - Indian Institute of Technology conducts entrance exam called Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) for admission to under Graduate B.Tech. courses in IITs all over India.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IIT JEE, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with 60% marks in aggregate from a recognised Board within the age of 17 to 25 years.

But you can apply for NIT through AIEEE(All India Engineering Entrance Examination) being conducted by CBSE for admission to under Graduate B.Tech. courses in reputed Institutions like NIT(National Institute of Technology) with scoring of 51% marks in 12th.
12th July 2013, 09:53 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IIT/NIT entrance exam? I have scored 51% in 12th

You can appear for the entrance exam provided the subjects you have taken in 12th standard are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. If you can meet this criteria then there should be no issue.

You don't need to worry about marks in 12th standard to appear for the entrance exam. The Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology offer admission through a new entrance exam for which there is no percentage criteria.

Joint Entrance Exam is the name of the entance exam. It has replaced AIEEE and IIT-JEE. Therefore all the colleges that used to offer admission through AIEEE and IIT-JEE will now offer admission through Joint Entrance Exam.

There are two stages of the Joint Entrance Exam.

JEE Mains

JEE Advanced

The JEE Mains is the replacement of AIEEE therefore admission for NIT will be given through it. You don't need to do second stage if your aim only is to get admission 15 percent All India quota in Engineering seats.

JEE Advanced has to be given only when you want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology. You should appear for both the exams in such case. Please remember that only top 150,000 of JEE Mains are allowed to appear for the JEE Advanced.

While the marks you obtained in 12th are irrelevant in appearing for the Joint Entrance Exam, they are given weightage in JEE Mains. Your JEE Mains rank will depend on performance in written test and 12th standard percentage.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th standard.

2. PCM should be the subjects.

3. Diploma in Engineering holders can also apply.

4. There is no percentage criteria.

5. Upper age limit is 25 years for the exam.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

7. There are 3 consecutive attempts per candidate given.
12th July 2013, 03:19 PM
harishbanu

Hai, you want to know about eligibility to appear in IIT/NIT entrance exam. Here are the details about IIT?NIT entrance exam eligibility:-
1.candidate should pass 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board.
2. 3 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education are also eligible.
3.One can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
4.Reservations : For SC candidates 15%, For ST Candidates 7.5%, For OBC non creamy layer candidates 27%;and Physically Disabled i.e. PD Category candidates 3%.
5.Age limit is 27 years and SC, ST and PD category candidates 5 years extra.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?