19th June 2016, 01:32 AM
Abhinav Dev

Am I eligible for writing IIT JEE exam after completion of 12th with PCM?

I am 12 passed student with subjects physics ,chemistry, biology ,computer and English so I am now drop a year for aipmt prep. But in this drop year I want my next upcoming year i am also eligible for iit jee mains and advance. So for this what should I have to do I have o go for nios for 12 with pcm within one year or I wantto go for additional subject in cbse ?which have more benefit?

19th June 2016, 02:58 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for writing IIT JEE exam after completion of 12th with PCM?

IIT JEE is a National level entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE for offering admissions to interested candidates in Engineering programs at IITs and other top institutions.

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you should have completed your 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board. Candidates who have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank among all categories in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

So, if you pursue 12th standard with PCM stream from any Government recognised board, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination.
19th June 2016, 04:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for writing IIT JEE exam after completion of 12th with PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav Dev View Post
I am 12 passed student with subjects physics ,chemistry, biology ,computer and English so I am now drop a year for aipmt prep. But in this drop year I want my next upcoming year i am also eligible for iit jee mains and advance. So for this what should I have to do I have o go for nios for 12 with pcm within one year or I wantto go for additional subject in cbse ?which have more benefit?
Your 12th standard subjects are Physics ,Chemistry, Biology ,Computer and English, so you are not eligible for IIT JEE exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th with PCM with above 50% marks are eligible for IIT JEE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?