31st January 2010, 01:07 AM
khurshidfatema1

Is animation good course after 12th?

My son is going to appear for his 12th cbse exam this march. He has taken PCM and is unsure about which branch of engineering to pursue. He is not very much into studies but has a natural flair and aptitude for computers...we are thinking of animation...looking for advice...PLEASE SUGGEST!!!

31st January 2010, 03:02 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is animation good course after 12th?

It is better to first complete B.tech in computer or It engineering or simply B.sc then to enter in this field.

I am advicing this only because,animation is a place where you can find people from every field specially skilled engineers (computer or IT).

however,there is also Animation engineering course,but lack of facility for it is in India.

Best of luck.
31st January 2010, 06:03 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Animation is used not only in movies, but is also used widely in Television programmes, Commercial Advertisements, Computer Games and Web Designing.

Animation also has its impact on Education Field. It is acting as a teaching aid. Example, It is easy to describe about the functioning of heart by showing it in an animation than in practical. Also, you can view it from different angles, rewind it, replay it etc.

I think Animation as career is good option if you are good in multimedia and creative.If you are a guy who just sits on the last bench in class and sketch teachers and cartoons, then you can opt Animation.This field doesn't require high marks in Subjects.You just have to pass 12th class and join any Animaton institute like Arena ANimation, MAAC etc.
31st January 2010, 08:26 AM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hello

nice, if he is interested in natural flair and aptitude for computers. let him make a career in that field. don't force him to join anything which he didn't want to do .

Best of luck for his career
31st January 2010, 02:11 PM
sumitkumarinmit

yes he can join software engineering later in multimedia field he will have a good scope on animation

in Bangalore many institute are available so you can try for them

multimedia graphics program is also available so make him do the course ........
31st January 2010, 02:50 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

yes animtion is good course and scope of animation in india & foreign is very vast. best of luck.
31st January 2010, 06:54 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

animation is one of the field which is in demand alot nowadays many institutions are providing such course its a good idea and will give you a bright future
31st January 2010, 09:10 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

MAEER’s MIT Institute of Design, Pune (MITID, Pune) is one of the best institutes having following courses :-
Product Design
Transportation Design
Interior Space & Equipment Design
Retail & Exhibition Design
Graphic Design
Animation Design
Film and Video Design
Design Management

The important phase in animation is converting an idea into a moving picture. 2D, 3D technology is used in this. 3D animation requires more technology. It is used in Commercial Ads, Gaming, Movies etc.

You can do Diploma or Degree courses in Animation. Students who have passed Intermediate are eligible for these courses.

You need to have more creativity and imaginative power than education qualifications. It is better if you know a little bit of drawing.

Indian Companies like

Big Animations
Digital Juice
Prana
RVML Animation
Rythm and Hues
DQ
UTV Tunes
Maya
Quality labs

etc are providing opportunities.

best of luck
1st February 2010, 12:06 PM
Mohd

hello,
in today scnerio the field of animation is incresing.But animation require a creative skill with some computer knowledge .So i suggest that you go for animation course.
1st February 2010, 01:26 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

yes ofcource,your son can join the for animation.
now these days there is a huge demand in india,specially in media/film sector.
in abroad the demand and scope is very high.and also do not,pressure your son take engineering or else,ask about his intrest.
1st February 2010, 03:15 PM
geeta

ya it is good..u can find many diploma in animation courses or else BSc in animation..it has exciting opportunities..In india specially nw animation is getting good credit..
1st February 2010, 11:34 PM
er_sheetal2005

Animation is field having bright scope...your decision to opt animation for your son is very right choice..becoz i find a lot of jobs daily at naukri.com which need animators 3d or 2d graphics etc..m from ece..know little about animation but i know onething that is it is very safe and secure field .job security is there..with this fields. . .thanks
2nd February 2010, 11:12 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

yes doing animation course after +2 is very good.. diploma course in animation will help you to get a good job with good package
3rd February 2010, 01:02 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

as he has a intrest in animation and much liking into computers then i will suggest him to do animation courses from good animation academy like maya and maac etc.. but this is a very vast field and has many other sides too like graphical designing and lots more like that and if he is just fascinated then i will suggest to do some regular course and opt it as a part time or the best thing to do will be do btech(it) and along with it go for animation courses which will be even intresting and also along with it a lot more encouraging and then he can find a goood and secured job in future . hope you got your answer . best of luck to your son and wish him success and bright future..bye take care e
3rd February 2010, 09:54 AM
Aishwary

Nice....... it is a good choice if he want to do something in animation then send him in this field because in future there is more scope in this field......
3rd February 2010, 03:31 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

animation is a sparkling career option even though it is at its nascent stage in India. it is rightly said that animation is a career where one can literally draw ones salary. the training institutes help the candidates in their placements. after finishing the in-house training in some leading animation production studio, you can be a junior animator and can start earning between Rs12000 to 14000. a senior animator with an experience of 3 to 5 years can take home a sum of Rs25000 to 35000. but if you have a portfolio of some good and outstanding animation work you would even be able to earn more than Rs50000 to 60000.........so in just a few years one can draw a salary of six figures.
3rd February 2010, 11:50 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Yes animation is a good course after 12th, in future there will be the need of good animator...........
4th February 2010, 02:55 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

yes animation is a very good course after 12th as In the booming market of cartoons and animations, one can easily satiate his creative spirits and take home a handsome pay packet.

The art of animation, a creative field dominated by the West, now has India running as one of the most serious contenders. Cartoons are illustrations of a single diagram with varied meanings, while an animation is a rapid display of 2-D or 3-D images to create an illusion of motion.
4th February 2010, 10:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

ofcourse animation is wide field and there are manny scope in film industry. there are no shortcoming jobs for good animator.
5th February 2010, 08:56 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

There is good future in Animation field in India, now a days the scope of animation is low but in future there is good demand of animators in animation field and movies also.......
10th February 2010, 05:24 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
I must appreciate your gesture as a parent who are underastanding their kid and prooviding him the way that he want to enter so trust me then if you have ability and talent and hardwork nothing gonna stop you it really doesn't matter the field you opt.
All the very best for your Son's carrier.
11th February 2010, 02:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

ya sure animation is best course in now a days, if you are interested in making cartoons and other computer programming then animation is best path for you. there are manny jobs are availaible in india as well as abroad.
3rd May 2010, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

i wnat about my son a government institute for animation course can you suggest me
3rd May 2010, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

is bca a good option after 12th.??
6th May 2010, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?
8th May 2010, 03:04 PM
brrrravi

Smile Re: Is animation good course after 12th?

hi, friend

if you can intreseted in animation course then it is better for you there are no need to choose any other course like b.e, b.tech or any other
i believe in whatever you intreseted that is good for you
so dont worry for this one
go ahead

good luck...
12th May 2010, 06:25 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

hi
in this changing world animation has an important role to play and personal working in this field are geting high salary so definetly it has good job prospect so go for it
ok
all the best
13th May 2010, 06:37 AM
Harshita21

If your son get admission in CSE or IT trade then it's animation course help.

But practically only IT students study animation . If he want to make carrer in animation after his B.Tech then you can send your son in any animation course.But in my knowledge Multimedia animation course took some more time than other.

In B.tech after 2nd & 3rd year students have to go for training & make a project on the basis of training, at that tine you send your son for further other course in animation,because animation is vast when it tag with multimedia
19th May 2010, 05:51 PM

hello sir.
i'm very intrested in animations.
i see the most of them on tv.
as i intrested in it i always think for my new ideas.
i have your guidens
22nd May 2010, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

omg.... AM really impressed..... hey am nipun,
i just completd mine class 12 .. i was wondering to opt for animation but was having some problem in that.. about mine future placement.
But this stuff helpd me alot. thank You ppl.
28th May 2010, 02:10 AM
phuchi

hi friend
if you are more interested in animation course than you can go on this field otherwise you can choose others engineering courses

all the best
28th May 2010, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

can a pcm student apply for animations side by side with b.tech
31st May 2010, 08:36 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
if you are interested in the designing or in 3D view or if are interested in making cartoons and other computer programming then animation is best path for you.animation is a very good course after 12th as In the booming market of cartoons and animations,
3rd June 2010, 04:05 PM
sarath menon

Quote:
Originally Posted by khurshidfatema1 View Post
My son is going to appear for his 12th cbse exam this march. He has taken PCM and is unsure about which branch of engineering to pursue. He is not very much into studies but has a natural flair and aptitude for computers...we are thinking of animation...looking for advice...PLEASE SUGGEST!!!
in my opinion it is better u go for btech in computer and then go for animation as it has greater scope!!!!!!!!! try it.....al d best...
5th June 2010, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

I've to be a great animator & I want to select animation as my career. Which profession degree courses should I do?
15th June 2010, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit04051988 View Post
hello

nice, if he is interested in natural flair and aptitude for computers. let him make a career in that field. don't force him to join anything which he didn't want to do .

Best of luck for his career
www.zica.org .....................................
5th July 2010, 07:50 PM
SAHILTHEKIYA@ORKUT

Wink Re: Is animation good course after 12th?

In animation what to do ? & how much scope minimum
6th July 2010, 01:47 PM
answers_for_you

Yes off course it is a very good course after +2 ,it has a brighter future in the recent days .

So you can go for it.All the bst.
6th July 2010, 05:15 PM
chitra pillai

Quote:
Originally Posted by khurshidfatema1 View Post
Animation is really a good and job oriented course.this course is full of pratical works and can explore a great demand tomorrow in the fields like entertainment and telecommunications.In India we have very good institutions where your son can cultivate this profession.One thing I like to proclaim is that, study ,have interest and work hard on the particular option, which are very essential tools for success.I hope your son can really be successful in this field .
15th July 2010, 02:33 PM
boni2208

yes animation is a very good course.. if your son has skills to draw paint. and has a artistic hand so he can go for animation as a carrer option

the best way to get in this industry is do a fine arts course and improve your drawing skills
16th July 2010, 12:39 AM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

vocational courses and short term courses are most sought after.
do accordingly.
17th July 2010, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Re: Is animation good course after 12----

animation is one of the field which is in demand alot nowadays many institutions are providing such course its a good idea and will give you a bright future
ARJUN RAWAT
17th July 2010, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: Is animation good course after 12th?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

animation is one of the field which is in demand alot nowadays many institutions are providing such course its a good idea and will give you a bright future ARJUN RAWAT
18th July 2010, 10:10 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is bca a good option after 12th.??

Dear friend

Is BCA a good option after 12th ?

Yes definately !

BCA is a good course after 12th, If you have a Maths subject in your 12th, then you are eligible for doing BCA. After completing this course you will get many job options in computer field. So, please dont worry just go for this course.

After completing this course, you will be Master in computer and after competing this course, if you have get good computer skills and knowledge, then you can go for MCA.

After BCA, if you are interested to do MCA, then please do MCA from the top colleges of India. Because if you have done MCA from top colleges, then you will get good placement as well get good salary pacakge in future.

So, i will provide you the list of Top MCA Colleges. So, please check these colleges. To get admission in these colleges, you have to appear in the entrance exams, after clear the entrance exams, you will get admission in these colleges. So, please prepare well in your BCA-

IIT Roorkee

NIT Trichy

NIT Warangal

Delhi University

PUNE Unibversity

JNU

NIT Shuratkal

BHU

MNNIT Allahabad

Hyderabad University

Thapar University,patiala

Punjab University,Chandigarh

VJTI Mumbai.
18th July 2010, 11:04 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend in this modern era all parents wants their ward to become a engineer or doctor
but its good to see you are very careful for your child future

as you want to go for b.tech and your son is nt very good in studies you can start his career with a degree through distance program in bca or any other computer field as he has good computer skills

and as you are looking a career in animation
you can go for a regular course in animation
that is a very interesting promising career in india and abroad
18th July 2010, 11:28 PM
sharmila jain

ya animation is a good course after 12th ... And as it is a upcoming and developing field so has large scope... it has wide application... you can do this course beside engineering ...good luck
19th July 2010, 10:41 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

It is a good thing that your son has a natural flair for computers but it also disheartening that he is not much into studies. In such a case i would not at all suggest engineering for him. Engineering is not a piece of cake. It requires a lot of hard and sincere effort.
If he has a flair for computers, opt for BCA course and later on go in for MCA. Alongwith that, he can go for animation. In this way he will become a graduate and later a post graduate along with a degree in animation.
Animation as suggested by people above has got a lot of scope. Everywhere on earth there is a demand for animation. The products that are marketed are first advertised, and that is totally animation.This is a very big and ever growing industry which requires a lot of creativity.Even the movie industry has great demand for the same.
Hence, animation alongwith a BCA and MCA degree would be an added advantage for your son.

Good Luck..
20th July 2010, 01:37 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

animation course is very good course after 12th.as it have a very good demand on the market.

if some one do animation courses from global certified company & if he or she learn it very good.then they will have very good carrier opportunity after 12th.

all the best........
20th July 2010, 02:13 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
An animation artist needs to have a creative bent of mind with an eye for detail and passion to turn thoughts into images.
Animation is not just about making cartoons films anymore. In the present scenario, the profession includes creation of animated graphic for websites, online advertisement and video games.
So, a prffessional could find job in the following fields
Movie/Television production company, Advertising company, Web designing firms, video game companies etc.
The duration of bachelor's degree,i.e. BSc in animation, is 3 years
Some of the best institutes which offers the course are
Maya Acadeny of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC)
Manipal Institute of Media & Entertainment
Webel DQE Animation Academy, etc.
A qualified Animation professional could start with an salary of Rs 15,000 - 20,000.
20th July 2010, 01:39 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
Its a good course after 12th. Anyway thecolleges offering animation courses are:
WLC college of india,new delhi
Picasso animation college, noida
Xavier institute of communication,mumbai
Maximus school of 3D animation,mumbai
Zee institute of mediaarts,mumbai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?