5th August 2011, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Any government job for me after scoring 7.8 CGPA in B.Tech?

Deer sir,
presently i complete my b.tech along with 7.8 ygpa.i have 75% maks all along. any govt. job plz reply

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility requirement and CGPA criteria for Ph.D in Engineering?
  2. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  3. How to get a government job after scoring 7.6 CGPA? Information about the recruitment and the vacancies?
  4. how to get a good job in central or state government after scoring 7.94 CGPA upto VII Sem?
  5. Any government job for me after scoring 7.8 CGPA in B.Tech?
  6. Is it possible to get a good job in IT company after scoring 6.58 CGPA?
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector for a candidate with 8 CGPA in B.E.(ECE)?
  8. Minimum CGPA required in B.tech.to apply for government jobs in PSUs? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get a job in PSU after getting 6.81 CGPA in B.Tech?
  10. Can I apply for job in SAIL if secured 7.13 CGPA in B.Tech?
  11. For what kind of job will I be eligible(specially in government sector) after scoring 70% aggregate?
  12. Am I eligible to get science stream in government or private schools after scoring 6 CGPA in 10th standard? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%?
  14. Can I get a job in Tech Mahindra or any other reputed company after scoring 7.5 CGPA?
  15. Where should I try for jobs after scoring 7.62 CGPA? Is there any scope to get a job?
  16. Am I eligible for a job in Government Sector after scoring 7.5 CGPA in first year Electrical and Electronic with 70% in 12th, 58% in 10th?
  17. Am i eligible for admission in Germany University after scoring a CGPA of 7.78 in B.Tech?
  18. Will there be any chance for me to get a Job in Core Companies having done Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication with 83% and continuing the same stream in B.Tech with a CGPA of 6.73?
23rd August 2011, 08:03 PM
vishuraj2007
Member+

Default Re: Any government job for me after scoring 7.8 CGPA in B.Tech?

Dear Friend

As you scored 75% in B.tech. you can apply most of the Govt./PSUs jobs.

The Govt./PSUs jobs for which you can apply are:

SAIL
GAIL
BHEL
BEL
ONGC
IOCL
ISRO

IAS
IES (Indian Engg. Services) etc.
30th September 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

sir, iam having 63.57% in BE mechanical engg,suggest me govt job
1st October 2011, 01:51 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you have not mention which branch of engineering field you are belong too.

although as a basic you PSU where generally degree engineering holders can appear are given below

>>BANK PO.

>>CDS.

>>IAS.

>>SAIL.

>>BARC.

>>NTPC.

>>EIL.

>>DRDO.

>>ISRO.

>>BSNL.

>>ONGC.

ETC.

all the best......
9th October 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

56% in 10 2....79% in 10 and 7.6 in B.Tech ....m i eligible for psu's ???
if yes...please named them !!!
24th October 2011, 09:54 PM
sanjibdebnath33

There are a lot of scope in govt. sector like BSNL,ONGC,RAILWAY,ISRO etc. But they want high marks & good knowledge of your subject now a days. So, if you've knowledge & can crack exams then you'll get placed.
27th June 2012, 02:25 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Any government job for me after scoring 7.8 CGPA in B.Tech?

Hi

At first I would tell you that you have not mentioned which stream have you done your graduation B.Tech in.
So it is not exactly possible to tell you all the available options.

However in the government sector, there are a few EVERGREEN streams. So if you one of those Engineers, then you can surely find very fine jobs for yourself.

At first I would like to suggest you the option of the GATE. GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
This is basically a Post Graduate Entrance Exam which is conducted by the IIT's every year in the month of February for the M.Tech admissions.

I am telling you this BECAUSE from this year, the PSU's have decided to recruit from the GATE score and All India Rankings and Percentile.

So you can take an attempt. Eligibility Criteria is that you must be a B.E/B.Tech. Final year students may apply and there are no age nor attempt limits.

Apart from that I would like to impress on the streams which have more chances of Jobs in Government Sector.
They are :- ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, CIVIL, Electronics and Communication.

Some of the top PSU's in India which offer fine jobs and packages are : NTPC, NHPC, SAIL, BHEL, BEL, ONGC, DRDO, ISRO, PGCIL, etc..
You can try for jobs in these companies through the GATE Exam.

Apart from these, you can also appear in the other UPSC Exams like : SCRA for the jobs in Railways, IAS for jobs in the Administrative Services, IPS for the jobs in Policing Services, CDS for jobs in Defense Services and many more..

So ultimately you have to decide that which sector you want to enter and make your career in.
Also you may do your post graduation in MBA and then get very high paying jobs in the Corporate MNC's.

If you are B.Tech in IT/CSE, then the top companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, HCL, etc are waiting to recruit you. Just visit their websites and register.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
30th October 2012, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i m doing btech in mechanical engineering from vit university... at the end of seventh semester my cgpa will be around 7. it means 70 percent overall.. please tell if i will be able to get good universities abroad or scope for me. will i get good universities abroad or not after 7 cgpa. overall and cracking gre.
31st October 2012, 07:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You should have mentioned the stream of B.tech for accurate answer. Anyway, your percentage is extremely good therefore there are job opportunities for you in the government sector.

You can appear for the PSU exam which is specifically for the B.Tech candidates. As you may know that there are more than 150 Public Sector Undertakings in India. These companies are controlled by the central government.

Such companies require B.Tech graduates therefore every year each PSU conducts a entrance exam to recruit Engineers. The process includes a written test which now has been replaced by GATE score by several Public Sector Undertakings. The second part is a interview after which candidates are selected for a job.

You can definitely appear for the Public Sector Undertakings exam since your percentage is extremely good. PSU generally issues a notification with details about the jobs. You will have to check whether there is any opening for B.Tech graduates of your stream before applying for the job.

The notification is published in leading employment weeklies at the same time on the official website of the Public Sector Undertaking. You can also access it through various other websites. These notifications include the complete process of applying for the job.

Eligibility

1.Only Indian citizens can apply for PSU jobs.

2. You must have B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

3. At least 60 percent marks in graduation.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

Age Limit

General - 21 to 30 years.

OBC - 3 years relaxation in upper age limit,\.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation.

List of Public Sector Undertakings

ECIL

GAIL

SAIL

ISRO

DRDO

MTNL

BSNL

BHEL

BEL

ONGC

BPCL

IOCL

NALCO

Indian Railways
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?