26th August 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job in PSU after getting 6.81 CGPA in B.Tech?

Tell me that can i get a job in a psu after getting 6.81 CGPA in my btech ? if yes pls guide me

4th September 2014, 11:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job in PSU after getting 6.81 CGPA in B.Tech?

Most of the PSU recruit GATE qualified B.Tech candidates only. Hence, you should clear GATE to get a decent job PSU companies of India.

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is conducted by IITs and IISc Bangalore. Those who qualify GATE with a good score are preferred for many jobs in Government sector. Hence, if you are aiming for a public sector job after engineering graduation then GATE is a very essential exam to qualify.

Although private sector jobs don't give much importance to GATE and they have their own way of recruiting. Hence, you can apply for private sector if you don't have a GATE score. There are many good private companies in India.

GATE qualified candidates can also pursue M.Tech from a AICTE approved college with stipend during the academic years which is sponsored by AICTE. Also GATE score helps you in getting Junior Research Fellowships in various government research projects.
3rd February 2016, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum rank that we have to get in gate for good job in core companies for mechanical branch
2nd June 2017, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

If I got 30 marks in gate and i am sc candidate what private job can I get through gate with this mark and I am a mechanical student
14th June 2017, 06:54 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Can I get a job in PSU after getting 6.81 CGPA in B.Tech?

You can get a job in public sector units with 6.81CGPA in B.tech only you should do is to clear the GATE exam conducted by IIT after clearing the exam with the required marks expected by the companies you get a job there but may be in
Some companies you are supposed to attend a interview before getting a job there.
16th September 2019, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

What are the lists of the government jobs if I only crack in GATE exam but not get any rank ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?