6th February 2010, 10:50 PM
raj241286

any sponsorship given for graduate marine engineers (GME) by shipping companies to study?

Have any sponsorship giving for graduate marine engineers by shipping companies to study?
If given mean please tell name of those companies & what is the process to getting it........ .

10th February 2010, 04:40 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

Default Re: any sponsorship given for graduate marine engineers (GME) by shipping companies to study?

ya few ship companies offer you scholarship .. as you are a marine engineering graduate you can approach some companies for styfund ...
10th February 2010, 06:35 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: any sponsorship given for graduate marine engineers (GME) by shipping companies to study?

Some good courses in marine engineering are at:

Florida Institute of Technology Melbourne(FL)
Maine Maritime Academy Castine(ME)
Maritime College Throggs Neck(NY)
Massachusetts Maritime Academy Buzzards Bay(MA)
Texas A&M University-Galveston
United States Coast Guard Academy New London(CT)
United States Naval Academy Annapolis(MD)
University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
University of New Orleans
US Merchant Marine Academy Kings Point(NY)
Webb Institute Glen Cove(NY)
University of Glasgow
IIT Kharagpur

Considering the dearth of information, I am providing a short list of Marine courses which I know of to be available in India:

•Training Ship Chanakya Karave, Nerul, Navi Mumbai – 400 706 It offers three-year B.Sc. in Nautical Sciences, which is affiliated to the University of Mumbai
•Marine Engineering Research Institutes, Kolkata It offers four-year Graduate Certificate in Marine Engineering
•International Maritime Institute, New Delhi
•Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi It offers B.Sc. (Nautical Science)

frankly speaking i dont any of the sponsership programme being conducted but yes scholrhips are provided for deserving candidates.... hope you avail them and what you have asked for is certainly provided in foreign countries.. al the best and good luck .. bbye take care...
17th February 2010, 03:30 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Yes scholarship is provided to the candidates who have scored in well in entrance exam as well as minimum qualifying exam.

Let me explain briefly-

Suppose if you want to persue B.tech marine engineering from IIT's or any other best institute,then been able to scholarship you have score good rank in IIT-JEE.

MERI,kolkata,mumbai give fee scholarship to the candidates who sore well in IIT-JEE and take admission in B.tech marine engineering at there institue.

Besides this there are many other ways for getting scholarship,but all are only for meritoreoug students.

Best of luck
27th March 2010, 09:38 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

please cheeck this websit for the sponsorships details for the course

http://www.amitbhawani.com/career/marine-engineering-courses/
29th July 2010, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I need to know the shipping companies which sponsors students to do graduate mechanical engineering in India that to in Tamil nadu
18th August 2010, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

hi%u2026
my name is hitesh raibagkar and i have completed my BTech. in Mecanical Engineering.
I am interested in joining merchant navy by doing GME course.
From google search and ur valuable above replies i got much needed information..just one thing%u2026please guide me to get sponsorship for my GME course from a good company..how can i get and what i am supposed to do%u2026please give me ur mail id because at this time not only me but also my two classmates are struggling to get sponsorship%u2026
my email id is [email protected]%u2026
please reply soon%u2026
20th August 2010, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

i 2 need a sponsorship for doin GME(1 year) could u pls help me find .....
im doin my BE mech engg
[email protected]
10th September 2010, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

any sponsorship given for graduate marine engineers (GME) by shipping companies to study?
14th September 2010, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

hey you can try out
anglo eastern
great eastern
fleet management

and a lot companies are there...

if you need more information just go to "sundeep.tk" and post your needs...i ll try to help you in best way thanks...
24th September 2010, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

i am gopi from pondicherry i donot have any background for shipping side so i need how to get sponsorship any idea you have mean send my e-mail id soon my friends
3rd November 2010, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

i am avinash purusing my btech final year mechanical engineering frm gitam university i need a sponsorship for doin GME(1 year) could u pls help me find .....
20th November 2010, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

i need a sponsorship for doin GME(1 year) could u pls help me 2 find .....
im BE mech engg
[email protected]
30th November 2010, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

my name is gopikrishnan and i have completed my BTech. in Mecanical Engineering.
please guide me to get sponsorship for my GME course from a good company..how can i get and what i am supposed to do. please give me ur mail id because at this time not only me but also my two classmates are struggling to get sponsorship.
my email id is [email protected]
please reply soon%u2026
4th January 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

i want to join merchant navy gme course........i have done btech in mechanical engineering ........so please tell me the further detail ......please reply [email protected]
14th January 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

how many posts for engineers in shipping companies and their corresponding eligibility?
21st January 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

hi i am a final year student pursuing my B.E MECHANICAL and i am willing to take up GME course after this . so i am willing to know the ways and procedure to apply for an sponsorship from any of the shipping companies
please send me your suggestions to my mail id ([email protected])
18th March 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

HI I AM FINAL YEAR STUDENT B.E (NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & OFFSHORE ENGG) i am willing to take up GME course after this . so i am willing to know the ways and procedure to apply for an sponsorship from any of the shipping companies...............
please send me your suggestions to my mail id ([email protected]) phone: 919677177893
31st May 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

hi,
my name is RAVI RAJPUT and i have completed my B.E. in Mecanical Engineering.
From google search and ur valuable above replies i got much needed information..just one thing, please guide me to get sponsorship for my GME course from a good company..how can i get and what i am supposed to do. please give me ur mail id because at this time not only me but also my two classmates are struggling to get sponsorship
my email id is [email protected]
please reply soon
9th June 2011, 09:48 PM
unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey you can try out
anglo eastern
great eastern
fleet management

if you need more information just go to "sundeep.tk" and post your needs...i ll try to help you in best way thanks...
hi bro
i have just cleared my written test in anglo eastern , and am appearing for the interview on the 15th june,if u know any details about the interview process, kindly let me know , thank you in advance
19th June 2011, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
hi bro
i have just cleared my written test in anglo eastern , and am appearing for the interview on the 15th june,if u know any details about the interview process, kindly let me know , thank you in advance

BRO i also need sponsership for gme 1 yr course
i'm done with my b.tech mechanical and looking forward for merchant navy
plz help....how did u manage to give written test for anglo eastern.....and are spectacles allowed in merchant navy...??
plz reply : [email protected]
19th June 2011, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Sponsorship by shipping companies For GME (1yr) merchant navy course

I have completed b.tech mechanical and wish to join merchant navy....all i need to know that how can i get a sponsorship for studying....my dad's not supporting me financially so it's really important for me.....also are spectacles allowed in merchant navy.....plz help
[email protected]
9th November 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
BRO i also need sponsership for gme 1 yr course
i'm done with my b.tech mechanical and looking forward for merchant navy
plz help....how did u manage to give written test for anglo eastern.....and are spectacles allowed in merchant navy...??
plz reply : [email protected]
please tell me also..how did u manage that ????
what steps u have followed .. pls reply ..
[email protected]
30th December 2011, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

sir i need to get sponsership for gme
3rd March 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

hi i am dinesh from panruti ....my ambition to become marine engg...now am final year mech engg...i wish to join in marine engg gme ...my area was afffected by thana cyclone recently ...pls guide me for my gme course sponsership......
15th March 2012, 11:56 PM
TrinityKiller

navy is the persons who work for the country .like indian navy.. the persons are protecting the nation..
but in merchant navy u will be basically carrying cargo or goods..or passengers, or oil to other nations..
21st June 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: any sponsorship given for graduate marine engineers (GME) by shipping companies to study?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
hi bro
Hi...friend, I have completed Diploma in Shipbuilding Engg.(4 yeras),. Can u plz check whether Anglo eastern does sponsor for DME. I have 3 years of exp in shipbuilding industry...
Waiting for ur reply...
Thanks
1st January 2013, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hey you can try out
anglo eastern
great eastern
fleet management

sir i hv opend the siti of above given but i didnt find any schoalrship ,how to find plz help me
28th June 2013, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to take admission in btech marine engineering course. I have been qualified in INDIAN MARITIM ACEDMY's entrance test CET-2013 by geeting 500 rank. But I don't have enough financial backup to study in this course. Is there any company that may sponser me and after completion of course I will work for that ccompany.
16th August 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

sir , i have completed my degree course in mechanical from pune university with 60% in final year and 53.5 is my aggregate passed out august 2013
sir pls help me to get sponsership by any company to get my 1 year GME course
email id :- [email protected]
mobile no:- 9537512283
sir pls reply
19th August 2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

sir , i have completed my degree course in mechanical from annamalai university with 70% in final year and 66% is my aggregate passed out july 2012
sir pls help me to get sponsership by any company to get my 1 year GME course
email id :[email protected]
mobile no:- 9530493994

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/any-sponsorship-given-graduate-marine-engineers-gme-shipping-companies-study-4954.html#ixzz2cOZzQi00
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?