19th February 2018, 10:10 AM
tanisha verma

Appearing for 12th board exam this year. Am I eligible for CA's CPT exam this year?

I'm appearing for my Higher Secondary board exam i.e. 12th exam this year after which I want to sit for CA's CPT exam. A friend of mine told in order to appear for exam you must have pass certificate in hand. Is it true? Can I apply for CPT even if I'm awaiting for 12th result?

23rd February 2018, 02:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Appearing for 12th board exam this year. Am I eligible for CA's CPT exam this year?

The full form of CPT is Common Proficiency test.

CPT is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. To apply for CA CPT course, a candidate must have either passed 12th board exam or appearing for this exam.

It means that you can apply even if you are awaiting board results. The online application for June examination will begin from 4th April, 2018. You can apply for exam at official website of ICAI.
23rd February 2018, 10:03 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Appearing for 12th board exam this year. Am I eligible for CA's CPT exam this year?

The acronym CA CPT stands for Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency test.

Eligibility criteria for CA CPT:

Academic qualification: Any candidate who has completed 12th or appearing for board exam can apply for this exam.

You can apply for CPT exam if you are appearing for 12th board exam in 2018.

The application for CPT of June will start from 4th April, 2018.
23rd February 2018, 11:23 PM
randhirk.rk

CA or Chartered accountancy course can be pursued by a student who has just passed class 12th.

After passing class 12th , a student has to take admission in the CPT of CA course.
CPT exams are held twice each year.

CPT exams are held for 200 Marks and there are two sessions:
Session One :
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting--- 60 Marks
Section B: Mercantile Laws--- 40 Marks
Session Two:
Section C: General Economics ---50 Marks
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude-- 50 Marks
24th February 2018, 12:25 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CPT refers to Common Proficiency Test and same is the stage one of three stage Chartered Accountancy degree course.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in CPT being a Class 12th appearing candidate then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for appearing in CPT as for appearing in same any Class 12th passed or appearing candidate are eligible.

For more details regarding CPT eligibility you can refer to the link www.icai.org.in.
24th February 2018, 07:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in CA-CPT entrance examination even if you have appeared in 12th standard board examination this year. Candidates who have passed 12th standard examination in any discipline from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for CA-CPT entrance examination. There is no need to have certificate in hand but, you should have appeared in the 12th standard board examination.
24th February 2018, 11:45 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

CA CPT stands for Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test. This is considered to be the first stage of CA course.

The minimum qualification required to appear in this CA CPT examination is ''12th class'' from a recognized board. Those who are appearing in class 12th exam are also eligible.

So, you are eligible for this exam.
25th February 2018, 09:05 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

CPT stands for common proficiency test and it is the part of CA exam.

CA consists three levels
CPT
IPCC
Final interview

For CPT candidate need to be 12th pass, si you are eligible for this
15th March 2018, 06:40 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

CPT stands for common proficiency test and it is the part of CA exam.
Those candidates who have passed 12th from any recognized board are eligible for this

Final year students are also eligible for CPT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?