31st July 2015, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in CLAT 2016 if appearing for 12th board exams in 2016?

Can I write the CLAT exam in 2016 if I am appearing for my 12 std board exams in 2016? I am in huge dilemma please help me out at the earliest possible time.

31st July 2015, 02:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CLAT 2016 if appearing for 12th board exams in 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I write the CLAT exam in 2016 if I am appearing for my 12 std board exams in 2016? I am in huge dilemma please help me out at the earliest possible time.
Yes, final year of 12th standard candidates are eligible for CLAT exam 2016.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible to attend in CLAT exam 2016.

Your age should be below 20 years.
31st July 2015, 10:35 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CLAT 2016 if appearing for 12th board exams in 2016?

CLAT exam stands for Common Law Admission Test which is conducted to take admission into Law college for Undergraduate as well as Post graduate course in Law.

Eligibility for CLAT exam based on 12th standard:

You should have passed 12th standard with 45% marks from a recognized board.

40% marks for SC/ST candidates

CLAT exam is computer Based Test. The Total mark of exam is 200 for undergraduate and 150 for postgraduate course. The duration of the exam is 2 hours.

You should have better preparation to crack the CLAT exam.
31st July 2015, 11:38 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and the examination is held for the selection of students for their law course i.e; LLB from National Law Universities.

Since you are willing to pursue law course after your 12th so you will have to opt for the LLB course of five years course.

The general qualification required for appearing in the CLAT are as following :-

* You must have the senior secondary school degree or any equivalent degree with at least 45% marks from recognized institute. Relaxation of 5% marks is provided to the SC/ST and PH applicants.

* Your age must be within 20 years. But in case of SC/ST and PH candidates it must not exceed 22 years.

Yes being a final year student of senior secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th presently, you are eligible for appearing in the CLAT 2016 on the basis of educational qualification but you must have the age as mentioned in above eligibility criteria.

The forms for CLAT 2016 will be available on the official website of CLAT i.e; www.clat.ac.in by the starting of January 2016. You can get more details about the same examination by visiting the same link.
31st July 2015, 11:55 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.

# Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted by Chanakaya National Law University, Patna, Bihar.

# CLAT is an national level entrance examination primarily meant for admission into undergraduate, postgraduate and other integrated law courses.

# The written examination is of objective type of duration of two hours.

# The questions asked in the written objective type test are generally pertain to subjects English, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and General Knowledge.

# Required educational qualification:

* 10+2 in any stream with 45% marks (for general category) and 40% marks (for reserved category) for undergraduate courses as well as integrated law courses.
* Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks (for general category) and 45% marks (for reserved category) for postgraduate courses.

# Required Age Limit:

* Must be below the age of 20 years (for general category) and 22 years (for reserved category) for undergraduate courses.
* There is no any prescribed upper age for postgraduate courses.

# You are also eligible for Common Law Admisson Test (CLAT). But you have appeared in the 10+ 2 and result yet have to be declared. So you are provisionally eligible. Your final selection will depend upon production of documents/mark sheet showing successful clearing of 10+2 board examination as and when required.

# Important tentative dates regarding CLAT 2016 are:

* Notification for application form: January 2016 to March 2016
* Deadline for online submission of application form: March 2016
* Availability of admit cards: April 2016
* Date of Examination: May 2016
* Declaration of result: May 2016
* Admission process: June 2016 to July 2016
31st July 2015, 12:28 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for the CLAT 2016. CLAT known as Common Law Admission Test and the examination is conducted by the National Law University.

The qualifications to appear for the CLAT examination is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board. Candidates must score an aggregate of the 50% in the board examination.

Appearing candidates can also apply for the examination. The examination contains the 200 questions of the General Knowledge, English, Mathematics, Reasoning etc..

Candidates have to qualify in the examination for the final selection for the admission.
31st July 2015, 01:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for the Common Law Admission Test. National Law university of India conducts entrance exam for the undergraduate and post graduate course.

Eligibility criteria for undergraduate course in law is as below:

1. You must have done your 10+2 from a recognized board with minimum of 45% marks in it. For SC/ST candidates, it is 40% only.

If you are appearing for the board exams in 2016 then also you can apply for the CLAT 2016.

You must submit the result of the qualifying examination at the time of admission.

If you have any more query regarding CLAT exam, visit www.clat.ac.in.
31st July 2015, 01:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for the Common Law Admission test. This entrance test is conducted by the various National Law Universities of India for the undergraduate course in law called LLB.

Eligibility criteria for the CLAT exam:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with 45% for general category candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates.

Yes, you can apply for the 2016 CLAT exam if you are appearing for the 12th board exams in 2016. As you are appearing for the exam, you will have to produce the result of qualifying exam at the time admission.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of CLAT www.clat.ac.in. You can see the frequently asked question regarding CLAT exam Click here .
31st July 2015, 04:06 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for the CLAT 2016 exam for UG courses while appearing for 12th board exams in 2016 .

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test . It is a national level entrance test for the admission to UG, PG and Integrated law courses.The CLAT 2016 will be conducted by the Chanakya National law University, Patna.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for CLAT 2016 are as under :-

-The candidate should be an Indian citizen .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent degree with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST candidates) marks in aggregate from a recognized University.

-The candidate who are appearing for the 12th exam in 2016 can also apply for the CLAT 2016 .

-The candidates who have passed the qualifying degree examination through supplementary / compartment and repeated attempts are also eligible for appearing in the law exam, on the condition that such candidates will have to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with required percent of marks on the date of their admission or within the time allowed by the respective universities.

-The candidate should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2016 (22 years in case of SC/ST and PWD) .

-The application form for the CLAT exam 2016 is to be filled online through the official website.

-The application fee for CLAT 2016 is Rs. 4000/- for the General Candidates and Rs. 3500/- for the Reserved categories candidates.

Exam pattern of CLAt 2016 for UG courses:

The exam will be conducted for two hour duration which will consist of 200 multiple choice answer type questions .

Reasoning – 40 Questions

Legal Aptitude – 50 Questions

English & Comprehension – 40 Questions

Elementary Mathematics – 20 Questions

General Knowledge and Current Affairs – 50 Questions

Important dates regarding CLAT 2016 :

Availability of application forms – from 1st week of January 2016 to last week of March 2016

Last date of online submission of application form – last week of March 2016

Accessibility of admit cards – from mid of April 2016

Examination date of CLAT 2016 – 1st to 2nd week of May 2016

Declaration of result – 3rd to 4th week of May 2016

Admission Process – 4th week of May to 1st week of July 2016

Closure of Admission – 1st week of July 2016
31st July 2015, 04:51 PM
pointer01

CLAT stands for Chanakya National Law University. Patna is going to conduct CLAT 2016. This examination is at National level entrance examination for the admission of UG,PG and Integrated Law courses.The duration of test is two hours and this question is MCQ questions will be of Mathematics,GK, English and Legal & Logical Reasoning.

Eligibility Criteria of CLAT For UG-

Aspirant should have passed Higher Secondary Education or Equivalent course from a recognized university/Board (Those Appearing may also apply) with minimum 45%(40% for ST/Sc candidates).

So, you can apply for CLAT.
31st July 2015, 05:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the CLAT examination. CLAT stands for the Common Law Admission Test and the examination is conducted by the one of the 16 NLU's in India.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed or appearing in the 10+2 board examination from the recognized board.

* Candidates age must have scored 50% and relaxation of the 5% for the reserved category candidates.

So you can apply for the examination in the 2016. The application forms and all other syllabus are available on the www.clat.ac.in.

The examination conducted is of 200 marks in which there are 200 questions and negative marking of 0.25 on the wrong answer.

The examination paper contains the questions of the General Knowledge, Mathematics, English and Reasoning.
31st July 2015, 07:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it is an entrance examination held for the selection of students for their law courses from National Law Universities of India.

The general qualification required for appearing in the same examinations are as following :-

--> You must have high secondary school degree from any discipline of your liking from a recognized institution with a minimum of 45% aggregate. Final year students are also eligible. There is provision of relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST and PH candidates.

--> Your age must not exceed 20 years. Also relaxation of 2 years in upper age limit is provided to SC/ST and PH candidates.

So from above mentioned eligibility criteria it is clear that you are eligible for CLAT 2016 if your age satisfies the age criteria required.

Also being a higher secondary degree holder or final year student of same you are eligible for the bachelor of legislative law ( LLB ) course OF 5 years.

Generally the application form for same examination are made available on the official link of CLAT by the starting of January which lasts up to the end of March. So for filling the application form or details regarding the syllabus and question pattern of same examination you can log on to the link www.clat.ac.in.
16th January 2016, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Yes sir. Of course you can if you are sitting for your 12th this year. provided you will have to show your original result with at least 45% marks at the time of admission. . Failing to do so you will be disqualified from taking admission.
22nd January 2016, 10:04 PM
Ronie0309

Yes you can give the CLAT or the Common Law Admission Test while simultaneously appearing for 12th standard board exams.In fact this the most common time for people to take up this test.
You must remember though that even if you pass the CLAT,you must still clear the 12th standard board exams with a minimum percentage of 50 failing which you will not be able to take admission in a law college.
13th April 2017, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

If I'm sitting for 12th exam in 2017 then I won't receive the result before submitting the form so can I give CLAT in 2017.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?