9th February 2018, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum marks required to score in 12th board exam to be eligible for CPT exam?

How much it is necessary to score in 12th so that I can opt for Common Proficiency Test - CPT exam and can do CA in future? Also, let me know details syllabus of CTP so I may start preparation from now only.

19th February 2018, 08:44 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required to score in 12th board exam to be eligible for CPT exam?

CPT refers to Common Proficiency Test and same is the stage first of three stage CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course.

As far as you are concerned about the educational qualification required for appearing in CPT then it is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. There is no requirement of minimum marks to be secured for appearing in CPT.

For details regarding CPT syllabus and eligibility you can refer to the link www.icai.org .
19th February 2018, 09:07 PM
NivePrabu

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required to score in 12th board exam to be eligible for CPT exam?

There is no minimum score..A pass in Class 12 under Commerce stream is Eligible..
Details:
CPT stands for Commom Proficiency Test..It is the entry level examination for the Chartered Accountant Programme..
CPT includes Objective type of questions which is divided in to 4 sections,
->Quantitative Aptitude
->Accounting
->Mercantile Laws
->General Economics
19th February 2018, 09:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CPT refers to Common Proficiency Test and same is the stage first of three stage CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course.

As far as you are concerned about the educational qualification required for appearing in CPT then it is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. There is no requirement of minimum marks to be secured for appearing in CPT.

For details regarding CPT syllabus and eligibility you can refer to the link www.icai.org .
20th February 2018, 08:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test.

CPT is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. This examination is conducted by ICAI twice every year in June and December.

You just need to have minimum of passing percentage of marks in 12th to apply for CPT examination.
23rd February 2018, 09:05 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much it is necessary to score in 12th so that I can opt for Common Proficiency Test - CPT exam and can do CA in future? Also, let me know details syllabus of CTP so I may start preparation from now only.
CA or Chartered accountancy course can be pursued by a student who has just passed class 12th.

After passing class 12th , a student has to take admission in the CPT of CA course.
CPT exams are held twice each year

CPT exams are held for 200 Marks and there are two sessions:

Session One :

Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting--- 60 Marks
Section B: Mercantile Laws--- 40 Marks

Session Two:

Section C: General Economics ---50 Marks
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude-- 50 Marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?