21st October 2010, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Appearing for GATE Exam with pending backlogs

sir
my name is sneha .n.tangod presentely studying 5 sem engineering i am interseted in attending the gate exams. but i have a subject back so can i attend the exam ??? if so how should i fill the offline form and were should i fill the form?? were do u get form for the gate exam???

21st October 2010, 10:53 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Appearing for GATE Exam with pending backlogs

dear sneha..

yes you are eligible to APPEAR the gate exam..even if you have back logs...but during counselling you need to provide your graduation pass certificate....

yes you can fill the form offline...

the form is available in canara bank in your city...you can also apply it online..

http://www.gate.iitm.ac.in

good luck !!
22nd October 2010, 03:37 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello Sneha,
You can apply for GATE exams even if you have backlogs.the GATE scores are valid for 2 years so you can clear your backlogs by then.

You can apply online by paying the fees through credit card or debit card or netbanking through ICICI/HDFC payment gateway.(OR) by paying cash in SBI or INDIAN BANK (CHALLAN PAYMENT).
You can also apply offline by buying the information brochure along with the application form from designated bank counters of each zones or from the zonal GATE office.
Last date for getting information brochure/application form at banks is 27/10/2010 and at GATE offices is 29/10/2010.
Last date for Online submission is 27/10/2010 at 18:00 hrs and for reciept of application forms at the zonal GATE Office is 02/11/2010.
Please log on to http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in for more details.

Good Luck.
22nd October 2010, 11:34 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for the exam but you need to complete the backlog and the course at the time of admission for the course. You can apply online and offline. Forms are available in the designated bank of the zone where you are located. You can log in the IIT site for the details.
22nd October 2010, 06:56 PM
yogeshmahajan

hi friend.
Your interest is quite good.
What ever subject you back does not affect your eligibility for appearing to GATE exam.
For fill the offline form, you just go to the "State Bank Of India" ,and get form. Just fill up the form as per instruction given. Send it to the your Zonal office before 2 Nov.
All the best
22nd October 2010, 06:58 PM
javeed

yeah, you can very well give a go for GATE exams, pending papers doesnt matter, for filling offline form is based on your location, there are many STATE BANKS for respective city, respective zonal IIT's are good but you may very well refer this website for information regarding filling your offline application forms "http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/"

All the Best
22nd October 2010, 08:51 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Appearing for GATE Exam with pending backlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
my name is sneha .n.tangod presentely studying 5 sem engineering i am interseted in attending the gate exams. but i have a subject back so can i attend the exam ??? if so how should i fill the offline form and were should i fill the form?? were do u get form for the gate exam???
Dear Friend,

Yes you can appear for GATE.If you clear gate your admission should be after complition of the B.Tech.

Forms avaliable in your city.for prominient branch please follow the link: http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2011/forms.php

It is advisable to fillup form online.

good luck.
27th October 2010, 10:10 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yes you can appear in GATE examination. GATE score card is valid for two years. so when you will take admission with this score card then you must clear your backlog. otherwise you will not be eligible to take admission. you have to do it within two years. i think you will be able to clear your backlog next year.

today is the last day for form fill up. visit http://www.gate.iitm.ac.in to know all the details about GATE. you will get the information about your nearest bank name from where you will get the form offline. you may fill up the form online from this website. offline form will be available in GATE zonal office till 29th october. offline form from bank and online form fill up from website will be closed today. your form must reach to your GTAE zonal office within 2nd november. so go for it now. time is very less for you.

best of luck.
11th December 2010, 07:25 PM
Swaminathan077

Smile Re: Appearing for GATE Exam with pending backlogs

dear,

with your backs you can't appear for GATE

so clear your backlogs ............and then try

good day
13th December 2010, 10:17 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Appearing for GATE Exam with pending backlogs

hello sneha

don't worry about your back log you can attempt the GATE exam

without any tension

now the facility provided by iit jee is your GATE score is valid for 2 years after your attempt

so you have plenty of time to clear the exam and get back

so don't worry for that

apply it online

with the link provided www.gate.iitm.ac.in

prepare well

all the best

~aditya~
14th December 2010, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

i am vikas kumar . My question is i have got year back, so i am eligible for appearing in gate exam or not ? Presently i am in 5th sem . I got year back in 1st year.
16th September 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i have a backlog in my last sem(2011).but i gave special carry over paper for that on(10 sep 2011).i want to know that what the degree year should i fill in my gate application form.
3rd October 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

hello,ihve one backlog can i eligible for gate2012
17th October 2011, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

igot back in 3rd semester... do i need to take certi from college or just neeed to post final year marksheets !!!!
14th March 2012, 11:27 AM
jobsick

You can apply online by paying the fees through credit card or debit card or netbanking through ICICI/HDFC payment gateway.(OR) by paying cash in SBI or INDIAN BANK (CHALLAN PAYMENT).
You can also apply offline by buying the information brochure along with the application form from designated bank counters of each zones or from the zonal GATE office.
19th June 2019, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i have 1 backlog in 8th semester am i eligible to write gate 2020 if i have passed out in year 2019 and i would clear it in the coming December...if yes what documents should i submit
20th June 2019, 06:40 PM
johntight

You can appear in the GATE exam. But before completing the B.Tech you should clear the backlogs.
3rd September 2019, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

GATE 2020 registration begins today. Click here to apply now https://tinyurl.com/y3cjpuyb
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?