21st August 2010, 09:21 PM
vinchel

B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

Hello, I have completed my B.Tech in ECE from Calicut University with 67% aggregate. I have had 2 backlogs but I have written them and sincerely hope to clear them. My problem is that the declaration of results takes a very long time. Will it affect my chances of placements or admission to higher studies?
Please answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to do higher studies if I completed graduation with backlogs but cleared all?
  2. Which government jobs can I get on the basis of 10th and 12th? Is it better to go for Higher Studies? Will backlog affect when applying for higher studies?
  3. What are the possibility of studying abroad after clearing 2 backlogs in first attempts in 3rd and 4th year?
  4. Which government job can I get on the basis of my 10th and 12th percentage which is 80%? Is it better to go for higher studies?
  5. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  6. What is the B.Tech percentage required for high studies in German?
  7. Revaluation of pending backlogs will affect me in attending Campus placements?
  8. Can i get admission in MS course in USA with 32 backlogs pending?
  9. Am I eligible for campus placement if I have cleared the backlogs with 70% marks?
  10. TSC recruitment and Pending Backlogs
  11. Is a candidate eligible for a job in Infosys after completing first semester in 2nd attempt
  12. Does any backlog in a paper of B.Tech in Computer engineering impacts placement? -- [New]
  13. Will I get job in 2016 after having 7 backlogs?
  14. Too many backlogs in B.Tech. I want to do part time jobs while I clear the pending papers? What other options are there?
  15. Which are the courses that I can do for higher studies in Petroleum Sector?
  16. Will I be placed in an IT company? I am doing final year B.E ECE
  17. Is it possible to get placed after B.Tech or I can pursue post graduation course?
  18. Is there a problem to do higher studies in Abroad after doing B.Tech in Biotech with Backlogs
21st August 2010, 10:47 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

Default Re: B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

dear friend
firstly you will clear backlog because it is very problem for your jobs and higher studies.
but your percentage is so good so you clear backlog then you will chance for applying any jobs and also apply for placement.
good luck
21st August 2010, 10:58 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

Dear friend,
Dont worry if u have confidence to clear them its out of danger.

For ECE branch there r so many way of companies in India. It is right that some MNCs like TCS,CTS,IBM etc dont give chance to sit in Campusing.

But according to me u may try in any small company,then u will be experienced for 2yr-3yr,then u apply for MNCs

Best of luck
21st August 2010, 11:24 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
definitely backlogs will create problem for you in future.
At the time of placement or getting admission in higher studies, you have to clear all backlogs otherwise you can't get benefit either in placement or taking admission in higher studies.

good luck.
21st August 2010, 11:34 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Well, backlogs do pull you back.
You can sit for entrance exams for higher education, but the problem is that if the results of the back exams do not come out, then you wont get admission even though you qualified through the entrance exam.
As far placements are considered, owing to intense competition, companies prefer people who do not have backlogs However if you are skilled enough, they might consider.
Rest leave it to God!

Good Luck!
21st August 2010, 11:40 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

dear friend,
definitely backlogs will create problem for you in future.
At the time of placement or getting admission in higher studies, you have to clear all backlogs otherwise you can't get benefit either in placement or taking admission in higher studies.

good luck.
22nd August 2010, 12:07 AM
richa420
Banned

Smile Re: B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

frnd
unfortunetly it will affect ur plcement nd u can'nt go for further study without clearing the backlog. so ,1st clear ur back log then think further.

thank u
22nd August 2010, 12:15 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

dear friend

as u have backlogs pending then it will create problem 4 u.

no company allows student having backlogs . for higher studies u have to submit the sem results .

i will suggest u to clear the backlogs first then try for the companies.

all the best.
22nd August 2010, 12:18 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,

Backlogs are normal in B.Tech, so don't worry about the backlogs.
Maximum students get backs in B.Tech but they were placed in good companies.
but you must clear your backlogs first then apply for job.

Good luck!!!!
22nd August 2010, 01:44 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

It might slightly affect the placement as many companies have a criteria wherein they dont consider students with backlogs while there are some which do consider and give more weightage over the interview and other skills.

So dont worry about that as for now. Focus on your interview part and wait for your call from the company. It wont affect your higher studies much for sure
22nd August 2010, 02:21 AM
jomson varghese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinchel View Post
Hello, I have completed my B.Tech in ECE from Calicut University with 67% aggregate. I have had 2 backlogs but I have written them and sincerely hope to clear them. My problem is that the declaration of results takes a very long time. Will it affect my chances of placements or admission to higher studies?
Please answer.
dear friend,
no,it willnot affect your placement or admission to higher studies This time it's better to learn new courses and join in any institutes.you can also apply jobs.some company peoples feels that u r technically sound then they may ignore this backlogs.
good luck
22nd August 2010, 05:16 AM
akshaysharma

Hi,
look friend there is no need to worry regarding the backlogs it is totally dependent on the interview board whether they give priority to your academics or your practical approach. most of them usually selects the students even if they are having backlogs... just by judging their personality. so please give stress on your comm. skill and personality
just wait for the results and pray for the positive and fast result so that there would be better opportunity.
"Best of Luck"
22nd August 2010, 09:26 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
if you have backlogs in B.tech then plz first clear your backlogs and then thnk about placements and higher studies......coz without clearing backlogs you wont get the degree........
Good Luck!!!!!!!
22nd August 2010, 10:08 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

its my kind advice to you that at first clear your backlogs.

if your backlogs are not clear then you may not sit for campus placements.

also in absence of your final certificate you may not fill up the form for higher studies courses.

so give attention to clear your backlogs.

best of luck.
22nd August 2010, 04:10 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends.

really it is very serious problem,as every institution have their own criteria

but for most of the college .

the documents is very very necessary at the time of admission in further course.

if you will get your all the results a time then it will be very good for you.

other wise you can face some problem.

but if you will promise the institute to submits the documents within some specific periods of

time then they can make your promises.
22nd August 2010, 06:22 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Hi !!
friend,backlogs are very common in b.tech common for all..so need not panic...
and Getting a job in campus hardly affects for on campus recruitment ,but you need to clear all your papers before the send you your joining date...In your joining letter the companies will ask you for your certificates...in some cases many students clear their backlogs before their joining date...but for now pray god that your backlogs gets cleared before you join any company..

ALL THE BEST !!
22nd August 2010, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Please answer.

No, if you have cleared your backlogs then surely it will not affect your placements and your career. now you are having your b.tech degree in your hand and nobody wants to know whether earlier you have any backlogs or not.They will judge you from your efficiency and your performance and not your marks.
23rd August 2010, 08:58 AM
vinchel

Thank you very much for your kind replies. I am already doing a Telecom career program of duration 4 months. It involves having an advance knowledge of 3G, WiMax, Wifi, Optic fibre, and Networking as well most technologies used in todays telecom field. It is conducted by BSNL at their Training centre, Trivandrum. Hope to complete this and get a job.
24th August 2010, 01:33 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

The companies those are come for campus placement, generally want a complete result without having any backlogs..

As you are saying that you have two backlogs, therefore it will create a lot of problem for applying on campus placement or getting admission in higher study..

until you get the complete result without any backlogs , you are not eligible to seat in campus placement and you can't take admission for higher study..

so, wait for your result, after getting your result you can apply for jobs or any higher study...

all the best..
10th September 2010, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

dear friends,

I am from Punjab where education system is not good as compared to south side. I am not so intelligent like other students. My previous study record also not so good I have 55% marks in 10th , 63% in diploma(m.e) and manage to get 76% in b-tech and also I am fresher. i want to know that can i apply for jobs in mnc ? becuse mnc only hires IIT students
14th September 2010, 04:21 PM
KHAN20

dear friend,
obviously u face a lots of problem if u have backlogs.first of all u can't sit in govt service exams like
1.IES
2.IAS
3.CDS
4.EKT
5.NAVY
6.AIRFORCE
7.PSC
8.SSC
Etc.
or u can't sit gate exam for doing m.tech.
or u may face problem inprivate sector also.
in private software companies like
1.TCS
2.INFOSYS
3.IBM
4.MAHINDRA SATYM
etc.
u can't sit.
so first u clear ur backlogs then u think other.
good luck.
16th September 2010, 12:25 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Since you have not completed your engineering , it is true that you wont get any job till then .But my friend I am clearing the chances of job in both sectors:
For Govt. Sector:
Nothing to worry at all, since you also know that govt. companies have long procedure of recruitments like now a days BSNL JTO (for sc/st ) or BHEL recruitments have been published and I am quite sure they take almost 4 months from the date of advertisement of vaccancies. Till then you do better prepare for their exams I am sure that you will be clear till the time you sit in the exam and nobody wants your marksheets till then.
For private sector:
Thing to worry. Because they want your marksheet at the time of interview. You would get better hope if you try any wrong means at campus placement time. I think in this respect it is better that you prepare english (including vocab and reasoning) for their recruitment test.
You can also join some core trainings.
16th September 2010, 01:27 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

For pursuing higher studies i.e. MTech you need to clear GATE exam.

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

There is no cut off percentage in GATE. You just need to have a BTech degree from a recognised university.

Regarding backlogs as far as I know you must clear all your backlogs before the completion of your BTech degree.

If you are able to clear all your backlogs before the completion of BTech you will have no problems in getting a job.
14th October 2010, 06:07 PM
mseetharamster

It effects the placements as many companies do not recruit the persons with backlogs. You can get under rare conditions like the reason for your backlogs is satisfies HR.But it depends on company.

So opting for higher studies is preferable.
14th October 2010, 06:20 PM
mseetharamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friends,

I am from Punjab where education system is not good as compared to south side. I am not so intelligent like other students. My previous study record also not so good I have 55% marks in 10th , 63% in diploma(m.e) and manage to get 76% in b-tech and also I am fresher. i want to know that can i apply for jobs in mnc ? becuse mnc only hires IIT students
If what you said is true.Then there would be no other colleges in the country other than IITs.
As you have 76% you are eligible for all companies that hires any where in India.
It would be an added advantage as you shown a continuous development in marks for getting job easily.
You can get good job, but keep attending the placements.
21st October 2010, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

my batch is 2005-09 but my backlogs are cleared in 2010. So what will be my passing year. can anyone help, some companies said they want 2010 passing and some said 2010 batch passing. Please help
5th December 2010, 12:25 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

Quote:
Please answer.
dear friend,
I will suggest you to clear the backlogs first,you can lose Many job opportunity for those backlogs...
23rd December 2010, 11:47 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: B.Tech completed but backlogs are pending - Placement and Higher studies admission problems?

Quote:
Please answer.
well vinchel,
your chances are well enough to get placement in some companies who has criteria like 2 backlogs and minimum of 60% in all years.

because why i am saying is even in my college infosys came with a criteria of 2 backlogs and 60% from 10 class.
and even it depends
1.on your college.
2.on campus selection
and
3.off campus selection.

and about your future studies if you are aspiring for MBA OR BTECH..
you must be writing exams like CAT or GATE and till that time you would be able to access with your mark sheets.

good luck.
25th December 2010, 05:49 AM
Unregistered

Dear frnds,i m now in 4th year.i passed my 10th with 73%,12th with 71%.my first year CGPA is 7.6,2nd year CGPA is 8.1,3rd year CGPA is 8.2.hope in 4th year it will cross 8 CGPA.In first year,i got a back in 'c'programming.but in next year,i clear it.after that i have no back.my question is that can i face any difficulty in campus recruitment.will this back subject create any problem to me.please reply...
27th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

In how many years we need to clear our B.Tech subjects sir i mean after completing out 4 years classes.
23rd June 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b-tech in ECE from CUSAT university with 63% aggregate.but i have one backlog in first year for the subject "technical communication&social science".to clear this subject will take very long time around one year because no supplementary exam in first year for CUSAT.but i want to get a job now.please suggest any solution for me because i am now always under tension
23rd June 2011, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I have completed my B.Tech in ECE from CUSAT University with 63% aggregate. I have 1 backlog in first year for the subject "Technical communication&Social science" but to clear them take a very long time around one year because no supplementary exam in first year . Will it affect my chances to get a job?Please answer because i am now always under tension.
26th June 2011, 05:35 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you have mention that you have backlogs in pending, so it will create problem at the time of campusing..
they never allow a candidate having any backlog..
so, before appearing in any campusing or applying for higher study you have to show them a clear result..
so, get your clear result as early as possible..
all the best..
22nd July 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

m placed at accenture......my joining date is 24th aug....i hv a back in 6th sem.....i hv given the back exam also....bt th reval n back results r nt out.....wat shud i do ?
shud i tell dem dat i hv a back ?
cn dey cancel my joining ?
plz help
2nd August 2011, 05:30 PM
muthucharam

I have a query i completed engg in 6 years due to backlogs.During the backlog period i worked in networking BPO.With that experience i moved to IBM infrastructure after clearing backlogs.Now I'm working in IBM for 8 months.Will i be able to apply in TCS CTS in future?? I satisfy the percentage criteria.Pls reply ASAP
9th August 2011, 01:59 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

really it is very serious problem,as every institution have their own criteria

but for most of the college .

the documents is very very necessary at the time of admission in further course.

if you will get your all the results a time then it will be very good for you.

other wise you can face some problem.

but if you will promise the institute to submits the documents within some specific periods of

time then they can make your promises.

Thanks
11th August 2011, 02:56 AM
btcs11

ofcourse yes my friend. you have written your exams well so wait till the result.
for placements you definitely should not have standing arrears during the time of placements. most top MNCs will expect the candidates without any standing arrears at the time of placement. so wait till the results only if you complete your course successfully you can join in companies.
and for higher studies no university will allow candidate to pursue post graduation if you have not completed your under graduation. so again for applying to universities for pursuing higher studies you need to clear all backlogs.
dont worry wait till result. gud luck to you
11th August 2011, 09:28 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Sorry to say that having backlogs will create a huge problem for you in order to get a job or higher studies.Most of the companies recruit those candidates who don't have any backlogs during the time of campus drive.But if you clear the backlogs before these campus drive and be able to produce your concerned certificate then you'll be eligible.
11th August 2011, 12:20 PM
my name is mounika

i am btech mechanical engineering third yr but 3 backlogs are there if i clear them in this sem can i get job easily with 6o% with ku syllabus?
11th August 2011, 11:25 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
first of all clear all your backlogs otherwise you will not get any job in private as well as gov , for this you have to clear all back logs.
then you can appear for many gov. jobs like.
IES
IAS
IPS
BANKS
NDA
AIRFORCE
UPSC
SSC
BSNL
ETC....
AFTER THIS YOU CAN ALSO JOB IN MNC'S LIKE
TCS
IBM
DELL
INFOSYS
ETC.
11th August 2011, 11:26 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
first of all clear all your backlogs otherwise you will not get any job in private as well as gov , for this you have to clear all back logs.
then you can appear for many gov. jobs like.
IES
IAS
IPS
BANKS
NDA
AIRFORCE
UPSC
SSC
BSNL
ETC....
AFTER THIS YOU CAN ALSO JOB IN MNC'S LIKE
TCS
IBM
DELL
INFOSYS
ETC.
12th August 2011, 02:37 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, before clearing backlogs you will not be eligiable for Higher studies admission.

apart from that you will also not eligiable for the campus recruitment.

so you have to clear all the backlogs as soon as possible.

all the best...........
12th August 2011, 04:07 AM
sg1991

Since you have 2 backlogs it might create some problem for you in campus placement since almost all IT companies demand that the candidate should not have any backlog in any subject in any semester.
They also require at least 60% marks in 10th, 12th and B. Tech.
But you can apply any time in these companies off-campus.
You can submit your resume on their website.
If they want to hire you, they will call you for an interview.
But you should better go for M. Tech. or MBA.
There will be no problem for you in getting admission to these courses.
12th August 2011, 07:04 PM
mahilatha

hello friend
you have good percantage but backlogs will create big problem
so,first you clear your subjects
and then try for job
we have lot of oppurtunities infront of us
so dnt bother about that
you will definately succeed in your life
good luck for your future...
12th August 2011, 07:05 PM
mahilatha

hello friend
and then try for job
so dnt bother about that
12th August 2011, 10:30 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

Since you have not completed your engineering , it is true that you wont get any job till then .But my friend I am clearing the chances of job in both sectors:
For Govt. Sector:
Nothing to worry at all, since you also know that govt. companies have long procedure of recruitments like now a days BSNL JTO (for sc/st ) or BHEL recruitments have been published and I am quite sure they take almost 4 months from the date of advertisement of vaccancies. Till then you do better prepare for their exams I am sure that you will be clear till the time you sit in the exam and nobody wants your marksheets till then.
For private sector:
Thing to worry. Because they want your marksheet at the time of interview. You would get better hope if you try any wrong means at campus placement time. I think in this respect it is better that you prepare english (including vocab and reasoning) for their recruitment test.
You can also join some core trainings.

Thanks
12th August 2011, 11:21 PM
singhmohitkit2011

hello friend
and then try for job
so dnt bother about that

hello dear

see, before clearing backlogs you will not be eligiable for Higher studies admission.

apart from that you will also not eligiable for the campus recruitment.

so you have to clear all the backlogs as soon as possible.

all the best...........
12th August 2011, 11:22 PM
singhmohitkit2011

hello friend
and then try for job
so dnt bother about that
12th August 2011, 11:30 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

As you told that you might clear your backlog this is very good for you and it now take time so i am telling you that it may be problematic for you. But don't be bother some companies still allow backlog students for placement try in them and you should get your graceful future.
13th August 2011, 12:56 AM
genius_911

you have completed your graduation with good marks but the backlogs may create problems for you.. So, the only thing you can do is to wait for the result of your back papers or you can apply for jobs in small companies where you can have atleast 1 or 2 years of experience.. All the MNCs ask for no current backlogs and also you can't be given admission fot higher studies till the back papers have not been cleared..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?