22nd November 2010, 10:45 PM
amritanshu

Is B.Tech Biotech student eligible for DRDO?

i am biotech 3rd year student and i m very keen to join drdo as i have heard a lot about it. but i dont have any proper information about it. i will be very glad to know about it in bit detail n at least by getting answers to these questions.
are btech biotech students are eligible for drdo?
if yes , then how one can join?
what are the scope there?
with agood hop to get a fruitful response ,

amritanshu

23rd November 2010, 12:22 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Tech Biotech student eligible for DRDO?

sorry to say,but a guy or girl is not eligible for DRDO if she's or he's having b-tech with bio tech.

eligibility criteria for DRDO exam:-

Qualification

At least first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg / Mechanical Engg / Computer Science & Engg/ Chemical Engg/ Electrical Engg from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.
16th December 2010, 02:32 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritanshu View Post
i am biotech 3rd year student and i m very keen to join drdo as i have heard a lot about it. but i dont have any proper information about it. i will be very glad to know about it in bit detail n at least by getting answers to these questions.
are btech biotech students are eligible for drdo?
if yes , then how one can join?
what are the scope there?
with agood hop to get a fruitful response ,

amritanshu
I am sorry to tell you that DRDO works on defense related programs and biotechnology has nothing to do with the design and development of defense related weapons like missiles etc.

You can join other industries like Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, CCMB etc.

All the best.
27th January 2011, 11:53 PM
diego
Banned

Sorry my friend but DRDO takes core engineers ... sadly India has vowed not to make chemical or biological weapons so ... untill now bio-technologists are not needed
only eligible streams are ECE MECHANICAL, CSc,Chemical Electrical only..
you should plan to get into pharma sector... pfizer abott, Biocon, GSK.. there are so many admired companies ... so dont lose heart
regards
diego
29th January 2011, 03:16 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Sorry, friend Biotech student are not eligible for DRDO exam.
The eligibility criteria for DRDO exam is atleast 1st class Bachelor's degree in Engineering and technology in Electronics & communication engineering/ Mechanical engineering/ Chemical engineering / Electrical engineering from a recognize University.
all the best.
8th February 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

is b.tech cse students are eligible for drdo exam?
13th February 2011, 01:48 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
If you listen to me then :-
sorry to say,but a guy or girl is not eligible for DRDO if she's or he's having b-tech with bio tech.

eligibility criteria for DRDO exam:-

Qualification

At least first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg / Mechanical Engg / Computer Science & Engg/ Chemical Engg/ Electrical Engg from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.
Thanks.
All the best.
18th February 2011, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

IS B.E C.S. FI9NAL YEAR STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE
10th March 2011, 12:23 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility and Educational Qualification for DRDO exam:
Atleast first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg / Mechanical Engg / Computer Science & Engg/ Chemical Engg/ Electrical Engg from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.

Note : If a class/division is not awarded at B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.75 CGPA shall be considered equivalent for grade points on a ten point scale.

Age Limit : 28 years

28th March 2011, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Why can't a b tech biotech student apply in drdo. What if he is interested to join this organisation. Is there any way to join drdo for b tech biotech.
26th May 2011, 01:56 AM
anuparjunsm

Dear
Seeing all the comments from various person, I need not say that you are not eligible for DRDO, but still i do have a plan to get you in touch with DRDO.

See now a days the concept of Bio Terrorism is fast growing. So its time for bio technologists to wake up for nation's security.
Being a student of B Tech in Bio Technology even i am working/studying on the same but not with an intension to join DRDO.
You can work on it....., concert DRDO......, make them know where exactly they need we guys? and lets us have a platform for the above.

Friend not think is impossible
you know Bio Technologists are GOD. We can do wonders. Hope for the best and do good to society.

I ll end up saying "Think different; Link different"

Thanking You
Anup Arjun
[email protected]
2nd June 2011, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

here u are saying that the training to the biotech student is not provided,but one of my friend got 6 month training here she is also in biotech.please tell me clearly what is that
1st July 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

how can v apply in drdo ?????
m a 3rd year engineering student 4m computer science???
1st July 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure 4 getting training in drdo????? m doing btech 4m computer science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11th August 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

why can't a btech biotech student apply in drdo
10th November 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I m student of B.Tech (biotechnology) final year ...i want to do dissertation for 4 month i.e march to june,2012...how can i apply for the same
13th November 2011, 11:51 AM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Dear
Seeing all the comments from various person, I need not say that you are not eligible for DRDO, but still i do have a plan to get you in touch with DRDO.

See now a days the concept of Bio Terrorism is fast growing. So its time for bio technologists to wake up for nation's security.
Being a student of B Tech in Bio Technology even i am working/studying on the same but not with an intension to join DRDO.
You can work on it....., concert DRDO......, make them know where exactly they need we guys? and lets us have a platform for the above.

Friend not think is impossible
you know Bio Technologists are GOD. We can do wonders. Hope for the best and do good to society.

I ll end up saying "Think different; Link different"

Thanking You
Anup Arjun
[email protected]
14th March 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

can i join drdo by doing plastic engineering?
1st April 2012, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

sir
i have completed my m.sc chemistry, am i eligiable for the post ofsenior technical assistant "B".
21st January 2015, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

DRDO has many divisions that purely work on Biotechnology and Biomedical sciences.
16th September 2017, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

All people who say that you cant join DRDO are ignorant fools who don't know that DRDO labs also work in BT/LS sector...e.g INMAS, New Delhi. For joining as a JRF you have to qualify DBT JRF exam...once you complete PhD you can join in any labs as scientist. Good Luck with that....
28th May 2019, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I'm from btech biotechnology. Please can you tell me that if I can do a internship in DRDO..???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?