25th June 2012, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Which is better between BSc and BCA?

Which is better between BSc and BCA?...please tell me whic is better

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better BSc IT,BSc CS and BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  3. What should I do either BBA or BCA? My uncle is suggesting to do B.Sc but I am interested in BBA and BCA
  4. Best career options available for me to do BSc IT or BCA? Future opportunities after completion of the course?
  5. B.Sc Microbiology is better than BCA or B.Sc Computers? Job opportunities after B.Sc Microbiology?
  6. Which has more value BCA or BSc Comp(H) in DU?
  7. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  8. What can I do after completing 12th with 49%? How can I go for BCA, BSc in Tourism Management?
  9. What are the jobs avaialble after completing BCA?
  10. Which is more preferable after completed 12th std with PCM, either B.Sc, BBA or BCA? I don't want to do B.Sc
  11. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  12. What is the best course for me between BSc IT, BCA and BSc?
  13. Which course in better B.Sc IT or BCA for pursuing MCA in future?
  14. Which is more preferable for better future prospective, either BCA, B.Sc or BBA? I've completed 12th std with PCM
  15. Difference between B.Sc CS and BCA? Which course is better from job and placement point of view?
  16. BCA or B.Sc IT after scoring 90.4% marks in CBSE? List of good BCA colleges? -- [New]
  17. How to do BCA or BSc IT after passing 12th medical?
  18. Any job for me after BSc degree or BCA?
22nd October 2012, 12:10 AM
vikalp12

Default Re: Which is better between BSc and BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Both are btter, but in my point of view with BSC & BCA, u should also prepare for BANK, SSC exam
22nd October 2012, 02:22 AM
Saran 18

Quote:
Both the B.sc and BCA having Good Scope . So, Please don't worry you may Choose any one of the Course in which you have Interested .

B.sc ( Bachelor of Science )
BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application )

This Course is an Bachelor degree Course . The duration of the Course is for three years and the Course is divided into Six semester .

If you see in B.sc Course there are lot of Specialization like, B.sc in Physics / B.sc in Mathematics / B.sc in Mathematics Etc..

But there is no Specialization in BCA Course . It's Computer Based Subject . If your Interested in Computer Field than you can apply for BCA Course .

Eligibility Criteria :-

-12th Standard from recognized University .
-60% Percentile of marks from recognized University .
-Only Science stream candidates are eligible for B.sc Course
-Only the candidate , Who having Mathematics Subject are eligible for BCA Course
22nd October 2012, 02:23 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

BCA is better than BSc because BCA has better scope than BSc in Computer Science in the present day employment market.The former is all about the JAVA, Programming and other computer applications where as latter provides you the complete knowledge of the bachelors programme but it will not provide you the managerial skills which you must need during this tough market of competition.

BCA is a professional course where students are trained as per the requirements of IT field so they will be knowing computer languages. One more advantage of BCA is that after your BCA you can even apply for MCA.Now a days MCA is a more demanding degree and one can get the highest salary package in it.

Being a fresher in BCA you can have a chance as a Quality Analyst, Tech Support Officer, Legal Associate, Junior Web Designer etc. Whatever jobs it may be the BCA candidates are given the first preference cause they have in-depth knowledge of the Computer and its languages. The BCA candidates gets the privilege of more foreign job offers than in comparison to B.SC candidates.
22nd October 2012, 09:21 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Which is better between BSc and BCA? please tell me whic is better
Nice to see your interest in the field of higher degree. Both courses B.Sc and BCA are graduation level course duration of three years. Both are good course and have good opportunity in the future. I advise you to choose any field as per own interest. Here i give you the details information regarding these courses.

B.Sc stand for Bachelor of Science which is related to science and technology field. If you are interested in the science field then this course is the best option for you. BCA is stand for Bachelor of Computer Application which is related to the computer field. If you are more interested in the computer field then this is the best option for you.

So, don't worry and choose any career field as per own interest. It is your own career so decide any thing about own career by self and improve yourself in that field. In which field your interest is more then you can choose that field as the future career. I wish you will get a brightness future career. All the Best.
22nd October 2012, 10:37 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello Dear Friend ...

B.Sc --- BACHELORS OF SCIENCES ...

B.C.A --- BACHELORS IN COMPUTER APPLICATION ..

>> Both are the BACHELORS degree

>> B.Sc comes under science stream

>> Where as B.C.A comes under Commerce stream

>> B.Sc focuses on

SOFTWARE

NETWORKING

DATABASE ..e.t.c,

>> B.C.A is to develop IT professionals with ethical values

>> B.C.A mainly focuses on Theoretical , programming ...etc.,

>> After B.C.A you can go for M.C.A

>> Where as after the completion of B.Sc you need to go for M.Sc ..

>> As per my knowledge,there is an each and equal importance to the streams

ALL THE BEST
22nd October 2012, 11:04 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend......

B.Sc or BCA ?

This shouldn't be taken down as a spurn comment of something. If you ask is it B.Sc or BCA which is better?

I won't blabber. As you just finished 12th standard, consult IT field grownups. Take down their comments.

>> Wage war between BCA and BSC

>> B.SC syllabus is rather more easy than BCA

>> Quite simply, in Computer Application field, BCA is far better than others

>> B.SC computer Science just teaches you some theoretical aspects

>> Nothing more than this

>> As per what i suggest, BCA is clearly leading the yay than BSC

>> B.Sc isn't that job oriented too..

so friend, choose the better

all the best.....

Regards....
Tash
22nd October 2012, 11:31 AM
rch91

Quote:
B.Sc. is Bachelor of science deals with subjects like IT, Physics, chemistry, mathematics, electronics and communication etc.
BCA deals with computer applications,computer programming languages. etc.
So both the courses are altogether different and both have wide scope.
According to me BCA is better than Bsc as you can easily get job in private It sector which offers handsome package.
Rest all deciscion is yours and choose the one as per your area of interest.
Good luck.
22nd October 2012, 12:27 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend,

The question is in a wrong as both options are good but it depends as to what is good for you. Like BSc might be good for some and not appropriate for others but it doesn't make BSc a bad course.

Both BSc and BCA are for science students. BCA focuses on the programming aspect whereas in BSc you would be able to learn everything of the subject in which you are pursuing your BSc.

BCA offers only for computer applications whereas you can pursue BSc in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, IT, etc.

After BCA, you would need to complete MCA for a good job in corporate sector.
Most BSc students opt to get a job in the teaching sector.

Now it depends on you as to which suits you better and thus which one will be better for you.

Choose with care.

Best wishes..
22nd October 2012, 02:48 PM
wisdom12

both courses are different..b.sc is a science course and bca is a computer related course.....here is difference between the bsc and bca course...

• B.sc is stands for a bachelor of science degree.
  • It is a three year course.
  • The subjects in Bsc are physics, chemistry, maths, Geography etc...
  • It is one of the most preferred course in India after 12th class.
  • Bsc colleges are spread all over the country.

Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is an undergraduate academic degree in computer applications awarded in India after completion of a three-year course.

It is a 3-year (six semesters) undergraduate programme.[2]

22nd October 2012, 03:17 PM
lav11

hello friend,

Both Streams have their own Specialization along with their scopes.
where with BCA you can be a software developer in the IT field and many more.at the Same with B.Sc you can go for Different Industries like:

Agriculture
Pharma
Education
tourism
research
Banking

etc....

So, here I will suggest you to do B.Sc . it will offers no. of job opportunities.

GUDLUCK!
lav11

So, as per the
22nd October 2012, 05:04 PM
SAM14U

dear friend,

I think you should do the BCA course.
Generally it is totally depends upon aspirants capability in order to achieve success,
so in any field whether its BCA or B.SC ,its just depend upon aspirant ability and capability whether the aspirants are capable of presenting them in a well mannered according to company or organizations demands .

BCA is considered a fairly general degree by the industry and does not open many doors in the IT industry
by itself.If uou want to do better then after completing BCA rhen i,would suggest you to pursue further for MCA.
If you are keen to work in IT, you will need to back up your CV with a MCA
and/or some relevant certifications like MCSE and CCNA for Networking or a DST for Testing. and you can opt for courses like Java, J2EE, C++,
Dot Net or Mainframes and then apply to software companies. Check out the placement options available through with the institute
where you join a course since a lot of good institutes guarantee
a job on successful completion of the course. You can also explore study options in Cyber security/ Information Security, Networking, Animation, VLSI Design, Database Administration.
Apart from this, you could consider options in Management, Accounting, Media, Hospitality, IT, Academics,

jobs in different sectors like are as follows :

LIST OF GOVERNMENT JOBS FOR THE BCA GRADUATES ARE :

1. BANK JOBS.

2. RAILWAY JOBS.

3. INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED - IOCL.

4. OIL INDIAN LIMITED - OIL.

5. NATIONAL THERMAL POWER PLANT - NTPC.

LIST OF PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS FOR BCA GRADUATES ARE :

1. TATA CONSULTANT SERVICES - TCS.

2. COGNIZENT TECHNOLOGIES - CTS.

3. WIPRO.

4. HP.

5. INFOSYS etc.
12th May 2014, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i am confuse between B.CA and B.SC course. because my interest is teaching but i think that i can not earn a lot of money in this field.and other hand B.CA course provides good jobs.so correctly tell me that which course should i choose between this.
20th May 2014, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

sir my interest is in maths & computer, bt i dont want to go in teaching line, so pls tell me wt is better BCA or BSc.
21st May 2014, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

sir my interest is in maths and computer but I don't want go to in teaching line plz tell me which is better bsc or bca
19th October 2018, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir please tell me for gov jobs like ssc or banking which course will be betterBSC or BCA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?