15th August 2010, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes?

i am preparing for medical entrance examination but i am not attending any private coachings so can you please recommed me some good books which will help me to qualify the exams.

15th August 2010, 06:07 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

Default Re: Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes?

dear frnd,

you can prepare with following books...

by disha pub.

by arihant pub.

pradip . etc.

as you have to prepare without coaching so do hard work.

all the best.
15th August 2010, 06:22 PM
happy to help

Default Re: Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes?

Few of the books that can help to achieve a nice rank in the AIIMS entrance exam are:

• AIIMS 2004 Nov by Sumer Sethi and Siddhartha Sethi

• LP Golden Excel with AIIMS Previous Years solved Papers by by Dr. J.K. Juneja, S. Jawa, Dr. J. P. Sharma

• Oswaal 10 Mock test Papers for AIIMS Delhi (Medical)

• Speed AIIMS Nov. 2009

• Target AIIMS

• Universal Self Scorer Biology for AIPMT, AIIMS, AFMC & Various Medical Entrance Exams

• Edusys Advanced Explorer AIIMS 2008

• Arihant AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination (Solved Papers 1997-2008)

• Mtg AIIMS Explorer (With Solved Papers 1994-2006)

Apart from the above listed books, books for different Medical entrance exams are also helpful in the preparation of AIIMS exam.

These books if studied properly can help achieve a great deal of stable result in the final entrance exam. The candidates should also take in the fact that there are certain kinds of books in the list that are dedicated to the Multiple Choice Questions Type only. Thus if the books are studied in the appropriate manner then it is of sure fact that the candidate will achieve remarkable rank in the entrance exam of AIIMS.
15th August 2010, 06:48 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
as you are not attending any private coaching, so it is very challenging for you. You can join any good institute for correspondence course, some good institutes are:
Aakash Institute
Brilliant Tutorials
ALLEN(kota)
Career point etc.

The above institutes also provides the mock test series, you cam evaluate yourself by appear in test.

good luck.
15th August 2010, 06:54 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
The coaching classes for any entrance exam is not necessary at all but it makes things easy. However, if you are preparing on your own then first complete any topic completely from ncert. Then you can practice from PRADEEP's book for medical entrances. Previous years question bank helps a lot. So, practice from the question bank also. That gives confidence.
15th August 2010, 08:37 PM
rohit_k

dear sir
you can prepare yourself because self study is better than pvt college so you can prefer some books which is helpful for you.............
book name as:
physics in 11th and 12th standard,
chemistry and biology from ncert books only..........
15th August 2010, 09:36 PM
Rickers

Hello,
For medical entrance exam you can follow many books but the best books are:
Chapter Wise Solutions of UGET (MAHE) MANIPAL Medical Entrance Examination cost:250

Chapter Wise Solutions of BCECE Medical Entrance Examination
cost:169

Chapter Wise Solutions of WEST BENGAL JEE (Medical) According To New Pattern cost:180

Chapter Wise Solutions of AIPPEE (CBSE, Delhi) CHEMISTRY
cost:170

Chapter Wise Solutions of AFMC (PUNE)

Chapter Wise Solutions of Madhya Pradesh PMT Medical Entrance Examination ZOOLOGY & BOTANY
cost:149

So therefore you may follow these books for medical exam

good luck!!!!!
15th August 2010, 11:13 PM
adityabhushan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am preparing for medical entrance examination but i am not attending any private coachings so can you please recommed me some good books which will help me to qualify the exams.
for medicalentrance exam,you should prefer aakash institute materials.
mainly ncert books ,and important books as follows .
chem. r c mukhergy, op tondon.
physics. ncert hc verma, pradeep.
bio, aakash materials.
15th August 2010, 11:49 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

yes some of the coaching institutes are:
aiims world
akash
brilliant tutorial
aptech
16th August 2010, 12:57 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yup here are some of the good recommended books for medical entrance exams

Physics : NCERT, HC Verma,Arihant
Chemistry :NCERT,Arihant,P bahadur,OP Tondon
Biology :NCERT(must),Arihant

Try these books first and then go for question papers

Best of luck
16th August 2010, 11:19 AM
sruthilaya athul

Quote:
dear you can first thougough with ur ncert physics biology and chemistry.then you can go for pradeep's biology chemistry and physics.work out the questions from this and also you can refer some question banks for the medical entrance.since u r not taking any coaching work hard and try to answer previous yeras question papers all the best
16th August 2010, 04:53 PM
jiyaa

dear student,
first of all your basics of class 11th & 12th is cear to you.books that should be preeferd is NCERT class 11th & 12th,pradeep, arihant,
tmh & previous year papers...keep doing the hard work..
with best wishes
16th August 2010, 05:58 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There are many medical entrance exam books like:disha publications, arihant publications .,pradeep publications: , Universal Self Scorer Biology for AIPMT, AIIMS, AFMC & Various Medical Entrance Exams, Oswaal 10 Mock test Papers for AIIMS Delhi (Medical) are some of the books for Medical entrance test. Solve previous question papers .
16th August 2010, 09:44 PM
sony93

It depends on which medical entrance you are preparing for. If its AIIMS then you will need higher level material but for covering basic ground for other medical entrances you can try out these books for biologyinesh MCQ book, Tata McGrawHill MCQ book, Modern's ABC of biology. If you do these books thoroughly then your basic ground will be formed. As for physics you can try out doing numericals from HC Verma and refer to Comprehensive physics as text book, and for chemistry KL Chugh or OP Tandon is good as text book.
18th August 2010, 04:58 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

The first hing that i would personally suggest you is that go through the complete syllabus and books of the NCERT,

The second thing is tat you can take the DISHA publication books for the prepration of the Medical Entrance Exam..

Pradeep's books are also considered among the good books ,so you can go for it also for your prparation.

All the best...
28th August 2010, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Haii sir. Iam a11 class student and i want to know which more detaied notes with reference to ncert text books.
30th August 2010, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

v b rastogi biology book is enough for medical exam
30th August 2010, 06:07 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
since you want to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without joining any coaching institute so do work hard.and have full confidence you will surely clear the exam.you can follow the books of Arihant publications,Disha publications,Pradeep publications.read very deeply from all these books and do proper time management.
Wish You All The Best!!!!
31st August 2010, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

hi im in 12th standart from dps. im going to appear my medical entance exam next year without
taking any coaching so plizzz suggest me the best book for preparing..
4th September 2010, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

i want to know book shopwhere i buy dinesh biology in mumbai
6th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

i m doing b.pharmacy from IET,ALWAR n this is my 2 year but i want to take admission in MBBS SO FOR PREPARATION WHICH BOOK i use
13th September 2010, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

what shud i start with in 11 for medical entrance exams/
16th September 2010, 01:28 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
what shud i start with in 11 for medical entrance exams/
Dear friend
As you are preparing for medical entrance tests let me tell you very clearly that you need to be very sincere and hard working. So the very first thing to do is to make up your mind completely towards and study and nothing else. As you have just started your 11th you should first read your NCERT books well.
The foundation should be very strong so to make yourself familiar and comfortable with the subject content topic wise you should first read NCERT thoroughly. Don't try to read books like novel.
eg. Let's take an example of chemistry.
As you are new to it so you can't just read all of them within very less time.
So you can start with the first chapter and then stop. once you have read it completely and understand the basic things try to solve some questions from this chapter. You can purchase 10 year solved question bank of AIIMS and CBSE-PMT. Now from these question bank and from your text book both try to solve the question. This process you should repeat in future for all the topics. Wherever you get doubts ask your faculty in school/coaching.
Once you start this way after sometime you will realize that you need some more books for more theoratical knowledge and also for practicing questions.
Then you should refer books like ABC,Pradeep, Arihant.
Everything comes true by practicing so practice the numerical and objective questions as much as you can. The AIIMS and CBSE-PMT question papers should be thoroughly practiced at least 5 times. Nothing is done by one shot. So repeat everything every month. If you leave a topic for more than 2 month thinking that you know very much about that topic but that will be completely lost.
So revise them well. For testing yourself you can join test series by any good coaching institute like Akash,Allen etc to get to know your preparation status time to time.
21st September 2010, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

HEy guys iam in 11th and i wanna know the type of question coming for entrance AIIMS examination. Do i need to thoroughly complete the ncert text books earlier and should start the ref: books or go with classes. How many times do i need to revise the ncert text book.
2nd October 2010, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

from where do i get the above suggested books for getting a nice rank in aiims in banglore???/ please reply soon........
7th October 2010, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

best books.........

biology-arihant or pradeeps
chem-pradeeps
phy-hc verma
maths-rd sharma
27th October 2010, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

ther is left only very few months for exams ,i m feeling as if i have prepared nothing for the exam,now how should i proceed ,so that i can
get a good rank in medical entrance exams.
29th October 2010, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

hi sir iam in class 11 th iam in huge confusion as i have to appear for the medical enterance after 2 years so i want ti known that how i can study or what strartegy i can made for better result in the ebterance exam
14th November 2010, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

i am confused about books
15th November 2010, 11:48 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
First of all ,you have to be thorough with the NCERT text books of biology of both 11th and 12th
Usually the questions for every entrance exam is taken from that text book
And you can refer various entrance books of different publications like DINESH'S ,PRADEEP'S ,ARIHANT'S etc
Try out the questions of previous exams and work out as many papers as possible
That will give you more confidence and you could get more practice through that
Good luck friend
16th November 2010, 07:37 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii
Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes

you can prepare with following books...

by disha pub.

by arihant pub.

pradip . etc.

as you have to prepare without coaching so do hard work.

good luck.
4th December 2010, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

books for preparing ojee medical
9th December 2010, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Dear friend don't read before 4 hours of your exam.It makes you so tensed.Be confident on your subject and go for the exam.All the very best.
11th December 2010, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i am in 2nd year from karachi
i m going to appear my medical aptitude test paper next year INSHALLAh without taking any coaching.Kindly recommend the best book for preparation??
9th January 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

i am studying 11 std in tamil nadu.i have opted stateboard syllabus.please suggest some Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes.(we are not following NCERT syllabi)
20th January 2011, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
also give me list of all medical entrance test for MBBS
3rd February 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Which books to refer for AFMC entrance exam?
18th February 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I am applying for postgraduate medical entrance exam at ims bhu,could u tell me where can i get the previous years solved papers of postgraduate MD\MS bhu?
18th February 2011, 01:41 PM
dhanoop mohandas

Hello Sir,
I am applying for the pg medical entrance test to institute of medical sciences bhu varanasi.Could you please tell me wher can i get the previous years solved question bank(pg medical entrance)?
6th March 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

the side books are so lengthy so how i can beat the medical enterance exam?
7th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

give any suitable instruction to all to achieve top most rank in the medical entrance examination and studying in medical college it,s a great pleasure and prestigious to me
15th March 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Should i use N.C.E.R.T.book
17th March 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

i am a student studying in 8th and i wish prepare for medical entrance now,please suggest me some good books that i can refer
17th March 2011, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

which bio books should i prepare for aiims entrance
26th March 2011, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

i confuse to choice the books for pre-medical entrance examination
1st April 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

I have passed the 10 class now. how should i prepare for medical from now onwards
5th April 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

HI it's Amruta here i have passed 10th now and i want to know how could i prepare for medical from now onwards
5th April 2011, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

my biology and chemistry is good. But i am not good in physics so which book should I use for physics which would help me to get good rank in AIPMT?
21st April 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Where I can get NCERT books?
25th April 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

which books are best for getting a seat in afmc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?