16th April 2012, 11:20 AM
Ayesha Amreen

Which Branch should I select in MBA course having completed B.Tech course?

Good Morning Sir,
I have completed my BTech and I dont know which Branch to select in MBA.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I study MBA in Hospitality and Tourism after completing B.Tech(CSE)? -- [New]
  2. Which branch we have to select for Aeronautical engineering?
  3. MBA or MS: Better choice after B.Tech(biotech)?
  4. What should I opt between MBA and job if completed B.Tech(IT)?
  5. How to do MBA after completing B.Tech in ECE with 63% marks
  6. Is MBA Tech(IT) a good course to go for? Which branch will be better between MBA Tech(IT) and Electronics and Telecommunication?
  7. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  8. Best branch to do MBA from Foreign universities for Mechanical Engineering student? Fee structure of MBA college in Abroad?
  9. Which branch is best to study in MBA after B.Tech? MBA in Operations is useful in future?
  10. Should I do Mtech if I am technically strong? or MBA is better in all cases?
  11. Which branch should I take in MBA after completing B.Com computers?
  12. Which subjects should I select for NET exam? I have completed MBA with HR
  13. Job opportunities after doing integrated btech mba? Which Specialization in MBA I should in Integrated Btech-MBA?
  14. Best suited branch in MBA for engineering students?
  15. Jobs for IT freshers in central government? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  17. Which branch should I do in MBA being a candidate of not good in Mathematics and having completed BBA with 61%?
  18. Should I choose MBA in finance or HR? I have completed B.Com
16th April 2012, 12:30 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Branch should I select in MBA course having completed B.Tech course?

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Post Graduate level Management course being offered by many of the colleges all over India.

IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) and B-Schools are the top institutes for MBA course.

Having completed B.Tech course, I suggest you to join in job if you get any good job after completion of your B.Tech course.

The reason why I am suggesting this is you are going to get 2 years of Industry experience by the time you complete your MBA course.

If you have profound interest do MBA course, even after joining in job also, you can opt for the same by
-Part time MBA program
-Executive MBA program

If you did not get any good job after completion of your B.Tech course, then I recommend you to join MBA course in regular mode.

The admission to this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Here are some of the populare Entrance Exams for MBA course.
-CAT
-MAT
-GMAT
-SNAP
-XAT etc.

Apart from above mentioned national wide Entrance Exams, there are some state level Entrance Exams which will give admission for MBA course in and around various colleges of that particular state.

If you are interested, you can prepare and appear for these exams also.

As per specializations in MBA course, I suggest you to choose it in accordance with the stream that you have gone through in your B.Tech course.

To the best of my knowledge, the following specializations will be a better choice for in MBA course as you have completed B.Tech course.
-MBA in Operations Management
-MBA in Logisitcs and Supply Chain Management
-MBA in Information Technology
-MBA in Systems Management
-MBA in Human Resource Management
-MBA in Retail Management
-MBA in Marketing Management

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and try to get admission for this course in a good college.

Wish you all the best.
16th April 2012, 12:58 PM
vinayaga2012

Default Re: Which Branch should I select in MBA course having completed B.Tech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayesha Amreen View Post
Good Morning Sir,
I have completed my BTech and I dont know which Branch to select in MBA.

There are various dept available in MBA courses .basically you did Engineering Background so if you take
Information Technology (I.T)
Finance
Operation Research

these are the fittest dept work , after finished engg .the reason is you had learned many mathematical subject in your b.tech if you are comes from engg background

otherwise
Marketing
HR .is good enough to study

Thanks
Vinayagar
16th April 2012, 01:35 PM
vickydhupia2010

hi
if u want to do MBA after b.tech and u r confused with the branch then there r many branches for u in the MBA
here r some
Engineering & Information Technology MBA Courses:

Management related courses integrating management concepts with IT are Master of Computer Management (MCM), Postgraduate Diploma in IT and Management (PGDITM), PGP in Software Enterprise Management, PGDM in Computer Aided Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology, PGDM (IT & Marketing) and MBA (e-commerce).

Now a large number of engineering colleges and institutions have introduced Master of Business Management (MBA) courses. Of the IITs, four have introduced management courses: (1) Mumbai - Master of Management (MOM), (2) New Delhi - Master of Business Administration (MBA), and Master of Business Administration (MBA-Technology Management), (3) Kharagpur - Master of Business Management (MBM) and Chennai (MBA).

The Indian Institute Science has replaced its. Industrial Management course by Master of Business Administration (MBA) course. In all these institutions, the courses are open to engineering graduates

thank u
all the best
16th April 2012, 01:36 PM
reshu31121991

hello friend ,
you did't mention you are from which stream.The main corses in MBA are marketing finance,&MBA HR. ypu better prefer to doctoral level for MBA corses.
16th April 2012, 01:43 PM
bablubeniwal
Junior Member+

hi,
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration
the duration of this course is 2 years.
the different branch are;
MBA in Operations Management
-MBA in Logisitcs and Supply Chain Management
-MBA in Information Technology
-MBA in Systems Management
-MBA in Human Resource Management
-MBA in Retail Management
-MBA in Marketing Management
so, join mba
good luck
16th April 2012, 03:35 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear ........
MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION .
This course can be done after graduation course or any post graduate course as you are B.tech degree holder then you can apply for this post .....
I am providing you a carrier chart from where you can get details information about your carrier........

But for this you have to apply for entrance exam like CAT , MAT , XAT .
The details information for CAT exam.......

The list of best MBA college in India....

Good luck...........
24th April 2012, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing B.tech in mechanical branch.
can you guys plz suggest me which mba branch is preferable for me w.r.t my mechanical background?
30th June 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I have done 2 with non medical but i am not interested in science and computer field therefore i choose that i will do mba.will u do tell me which graduation course or degree course should i do?
15th July 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Which Branch should I select in MBA course having completed B.Tech course in Information Technology?
15th August 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

iam doing final year b.e-ece and have no idea which branch should i choose in mba can you suggest me?
13th September 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.e. graduate with an experience of 2 years in technical support.I want to pursue MBA.which branch will be best for the job point of view
12th April 2013, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i select in MBA course having completed b tech in computer science engineering??
18th June 2013, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.E with Electronics and communication Engineering and interested in MBA. Which Trade in MBA will be suitable for me?
18th June 2013, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.E with Electronics and communication Engineering and interested in MBA. Which Trade in MBA will be suitable for me?
26th June 2013, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

hello sir ......i am current opting for btech which..branch i should take in order that it helps me in mba enterence
21st March 2014, 04:11 AM
Unregistered

I dont know sir where I have to go now ms or mba which wil give as a better future m nuce job
23rd March 2014, 08:36 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have completed your B.Tech course and looking for joining MBA course at Post Graduation level.

But from my side, I can suggest you that please go for job opportunities on the basis of your B.Tech course rather than opting for MBA course.

The reason being, many of the candidates are getting top salaries on the basis of B.Tech qualification itself.

Even after completion of MBA course also, you have to go for job opportunities.

That thing, you do it now. Due to this, you will gain 2 years of hands on work experience within the time you complete your MBA course.

You can do MBA course along with your job also.

There are so many universities which are offering MBA course in Distance Learning.

However the following specializations would be good choice for you in MBA course.

MBA in Operations Management
MBA in Logistics Management
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Marketing Management
MBA in Human Resource Management etc.

Whatever the specialization that you join, gain good subject knowledge in that stream and enhance your communication skills.

MBA course is designed in such a way like you have to involve in various management events and academic programs through which you can enhance your communication skills.

Wish you all the best.
10th June 2014, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i have completed my B.E(E.C.E) and im working in an MNC as Software Engineer. Im planning to join for MBA and i would like to know which branch is apt for me.
11th September 2014, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i have completed my B.E( EEE) and i would like to do mba .which branch is good for me
25th December 2014, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a b.pharma student of third yr n i want to do mba whate branch is best for me
i am ashish
21st May 2017, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Which Branch should I select in MBA course having completed EEE(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?